Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Ross. said:

It was always likely to be the case, and anyone who hasn’t been accepting of that since at least last summer is, in the politest of terms, a fucking idiot.

I honestly think that there is a large element (not talking P&B although maybe its reflected by some on here) who are seething that they failed to make the political headway that they feel the pandemic should have entitled them to. Its the only reason I can think of why there are so many who have failed or refused to adjust their attitudes/expectations etc from March 2020, despite all the colossal changes/learnings in both virus and response. 

Edited by Bairnardo

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

A lot of words to say you can go to the cup final with a cough again in the future, but only once the dentist tells you so.

Another parrot to fill the void left by Welshy. Superb.

No, I'm saying you shouldn't need restrictions and rules to say don't go to a public event if you're not well and symptomatic. Same with going into the office and soldiering on if you've got the lurgy. People will hopefully grow out of that on their own. 

Put it this way, if you sit down next to  mecoughing your balls up at the football, i'll move.  If it's sold out (unlikely for Aberdeen right enough) and I can't move I'll do my best to get you moved. Folk want to be treated like adults and respected to use their common sense. Not going to the football when you are ill is that. I honestly don't see the issue here. 

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No, I'm saying you shouldn't need restrictions and rules to say don't go to a public event if you're not well and symptomatic. Same with going into the office and soldiering on if you've got the lurgy. People will hopefully grow out of that on their own. 

Put it this way, if you sit down next to  mecoughing your balls up at the football, i'll move.  If it's sold out (unlikely for Aberdeen right enough) and I can't move I'll do my best to get you moved. Folk want to be treated like adults and respected to use their common sense. Not going to the football when you are ill is that. I honestly don't see the issue here. 

Fucking hell man. 

Going out with confirmed covid within your 10 day isolation is out of order. Hearing someone coughing and going running to the stewards tho..... 

Take a step back m9

Mrs just had her face to face GP appointment changed to a telephone one due to “government guidelines” 100% at it yet again for something that cannot be done over the phone and she’ll need to go up once she’s spoken to the doctor anyway. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucking hell man. 

Going out with confirmed covid within your 10 day isolation is out of order. Hearing someone coughing and going running to the stewards tho..... 

Take a step back m9

I didn't say "hearing someone cough." I said if you sit down next me coughing your balls up. 

But before we go any further I am glad you're on board with not going if you are symptomatic. That's nice to see. 

I cannot believe that anyone on a Scottish football forum is seriously suggesting that you should never go to the football with a cold. "The football" being an event which takes place in Scotland throughout the winter months.

Covid has absolutely broken some people. A sad sight.

"Until we know more" is just the new "for some time" pish.

An imaginary point in time that is absolutely meaningless without any context of what they want to know and/or when they expect to know it.

The likes of JL are an absolute disgrace.

6 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I cannot believe we've gone through the last 2 years with some people still thinking it's ok to go out and infect others. If you ever want to know why some of the time authorities seem to be speaking down to you, like some of you are idiots, you can always pop in here and see why. 

So a self-employed guy who has a wee cold or a bit of a cough should be sacking work until he feels 100% again?

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not sure what the point of that post is.  Anyone, whether left, wishy washy liberal, right, Genghis Khan, Nationalist or Unionist, who fakes a test result is an utter cnut. 

I argued against LFTs for access quite a while ago, and my opinion hasn't really changed.  Not entirely sure about how to deal with the cases of those who can't be vaccinated, but the refuseniks can eff off.  Result fakers? Scum. 

My perusal of these boards over the months doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. 

The point is quite clear. 

19 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Mrs just had her face to face GP appointment changed to a telephone one due to “government guidelines” 100% at it yet again for something that cannot be done over the phone and she’ll need to go up once she’s spoken to the doctor anyway. 

I know in particular forth valley had sent new guidance out to GP’s posted the other day that wifes best friend is a GP in falkirk and is now forced to isolate by their PH folks if she comes into contact with a covid case. 

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know in particular forth valley had sent new guidance out to GP’s posted the other day that wifes best friend is a GP in falkirk and is now forced to isolate by their PH folks if she comes into contact with a covid case. 

Yes hospital staff who come into contact do not?

How are folk not seeing through this pish?!

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Well accepting that if you are unwell or symptomatic you shouldn't go to a public event and even if you are fully vaxed you don't want to get Covid, I'd want the NHS to be in a better position, I'd want case numbers and hospitals numbers to be lower. Probably/hopefully in early spring. I'm not going to give you a date. 

Jam tomorrow pish.

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Seems a bit strange if they are vaccinated and I’d imagine regularly tested but once she gets the call she’ll then need to go up anyway.

Just saw a lassie on Twitter losing the head because her nearest vaccination centre for her booster is 21 miles away.  Do the NHS cater for individual requirements for vaccines?  As in do they build a vaccination centre at the end of your road on request?

Willie's Tache doing his best for the 'contracting a winter bug is a moral outrage' crusade. Tragic.

Being exposed to respiratory illness is quite literally just another fact of the human experience. It's something you can't avoid, and indeed, keeping immune responses topped up is rather important.

Some people have been truly broken by these past two years. No hope for a recovery for them.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Just saw a lassie on Twitter losing the head because her nearest vaccination centre for her booster is 21 miles away.  Do the NHS cater for individual requirements for vaccines?  As in do they build a vaccination centre at the end of your road on request?

You can get them to your house if you can't travel. But if you can't get 21 miles to presumably your local town then it's unlikely your life will result in coming in contact with many symptomatic people.

Edited by 101
S&G

Willie's Tache doing his best for the 'contracting a winter bug is a moral outrage' crusade. Tragic.
Being exposed to respiratory illness is quite literally just another fact of the human experience. It's something you can't avoid, and indeed, keeping immune responses topped up is rather important.
Some people have been truly broken by these past two years. No hope for a recovery for them.

To all on this debate, i have a story
Back when i was a single man, i went on a tinder date and subsequently spent the night with a nurse who worked in intensive care, now I’m sure we don’t need to get into too many details but the main point of it all is; I was absolutely loaded with cold/ flu symptoms that day, which I informed her of and gave her the chance to KB me, she couldn’t have gave less of a shite, as did anybody else before all this hysterical pish last year
Go to the fuckin fitbaw if your well enough