Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Covid Scotland: Negative lateral flow accepted in place of vaccine passport from today

I’m not the brightest person alive so perhaps the good people of P&B could explain to me what is to stop people registering a negative lateral flow test when they haven’t done the test properly, or indeed done a test at all?   Seems to me, on the face of it, it is all being done on trust.  
correctomundo.jpg

22 minutes ago, Elixir said:

No.

Are you actually expecting to be taken seriously with drivel like this?

Are you trying to go over the laughable UK and New Zealand comparison again?

It would have been impossible and ruinous. I am extremely relieved we didn't try it.

It was totally possible, would have saved thousands and thousands of lives. But whatever. Enjoy your Richard Tice and other such ridiculous hideous dangercunts. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It was totally possible, would have saved thousands and thousands of lives. But whatever. Enjoy your Richard Tice and other such ridiculous hideous dangercunts. 

And with this, we can confirm not to take you seriously. The UK could never have done what New Zealand did, for hilariously obvious reasons. Now off you pop.

the-office-steve-carell.gif

32 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Covid Scotland: Negative lateral flow accepted in place of vaccine passport from today

I’m not the brightest person alive so perhaps the good people of P&B could explain to me what is to stop people registering a negative lateral flow test when they haven’t done the test properly, or indeed done a test at all?   Seems to me, on the face of it, it is all being done on trust.  

I’m pretty sure it’s a calculated move.

So they can say in the end that they trusted folk to report them honestly and they didn’t do it, so now it has to be a paid for test to be verified.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

And with this, we can confirm not to take you seriously. The UK could never have done what New Zealand did, for hilariously obvious reasons. Now off you pop.

the-office-steve-carell.gif

You won't chase me off the forum as you try to do with others just because I don't clap like a seal every time you post something fucking ridiculous. Sorry chum(p).

18 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I’m pretty sure it’s a calculated move.

So they can say in the end that they trusted folk to report them honestly and they didn’t do it, so now it has to be a paid for test to be verified.

How would they ever know for definite if people reported the tests honestly?  Even if there was a significant spike relating to some event,  that could be caused by the fact person/s attending the event did lateral flow test/s in good faith but the tests gave a false negative.  As I understand it tests are not 100% accurate (possibly because people are not willing / confident enough to stick the swab high enough up their nose etc).

Edited by Shadow Play

I'm sure that the decision to use LFT results instead of passports will work just fine, particularly because as we have seen over the months folk like the users of this site are so keen to follow the rules as thoroughly and honestly as they can.  You'd never catch a P&B member faking a result just to gain entry to some venue or other. No siree. 

😂

I'm sure that the decision to use LFT results instead of passports will work just fine, particularly because as we have seen over the months folk like the users of this site are so keen to follow the rules as thoroughly and honestly as they can.  You'd never catch a P&B member faking a result just to gain entry to some venue or other. No siree. 
[emoji23]

I’ve been pretty anti restrictions all the way through, but you’d have to be pretty irresponsible going out to something knowing you had it.
I might stretch to going out for a wee walk if i had it but certainly not out on the lash

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I’ve been pretty anti restrictions all the way through, but you’d have to be pretty irresponsible going out to something knowing you had it.
I might stretch to going out for a wee walk if i had it but certainly not out on the lash

Not mutually exclusive.  Used to be an old jakie that drank in my old local.  When he went for his morning walk he took a couple of cans with him to drink.