Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

A lot of people in life are hugely risk averse and don't always understand that everything in life has a risk, including doing nothing, and the trade of involved with the benefits .  I doubt someone who made it to first minister is one of those people but she knows many of her voters are , and now that everything in politics has become a version of the old firm she has to do the opposite of what the UK government are doing

The reckless torry's , who i'm sure aren't really doing it for the befit of the people, have went with the line of " if you don't do anything dangerous , then you won't do anything at all"  which is actually the right thing to do although it will lead to more illness and death. the world has backed themselves into a corner with lockdowns and restrictions , there's now no way out without an exit wave, someone had to bite the bullet and go first. 

To be amongst the first few to do so along with the USA, the UK government probably hoped that this would give them a massive economic headstart over the EU so that they could tout brexit as a success, that would be a disaster for the snp , so naturally they want to stop it.  Politics is the big bad world 

I mean thats the exact opposite of good leadership. 

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Those hospital numbers, though...

Hide contents

post-711-0-45590300-1396309567.gif

All remaining restrictions should be fired in the fucking bin ffs. Instead, Sturgeon and co. continue to pontificate.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

I see Boris Johnson is under pressure to reinstate the contract with Valneva which can work not just against Omicron but future variants of COVID-19.

Doesn't seem the smartest move binning this, but I suppose politics comes first before the bigger picture is considered.

Does Paddy Vallance not have hunners of shares in Valneva?

Edited by Elixir

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/05/covid-government-to-make-christmas-decision-on-18-december

But this time there is also a significant difference in the public mood. There is public support for the measures the government has introduced so far – a tight regime at the border and also mask-wearing in shops.

But most adults in England are unwilling to return to full lockdown rules, according to the latest polling from YouGov, which found 68% were against closing pubs and 56% were not in favour of the return of limited numbers at gatherings.

On those issues, the public has not moved significantly since the new variant’s discovery, suggesting there is a degree of fatigue about more bad Covid news.

Erm yes because there's no chance that adults are simply choosing to manage their own risk and ignore the knicker-drenched pish of the Pagels of this world.

It must be 'fatigue' rather than a genuine preference!

1 hour ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/05/covid-government-to-make-christmas-decision-on-18-december

Erm yes because there's no chance that adults are simply choosing to manage their own risk and ignore the knicker-drenched pish of the Pagels of this world.

It must be 'fatigue' rather than a genuine preference!

It's maybe got something to do with the public being told 'vaccines = no restrictions' for the first 18 months of the pandemic. Might be wide of the mark though.

9 minutes ago, Tynie Wickfield said:

Despite all the differences on this thread fundamentally we all want to get back to normal and get our lives back to what they were.

Had a great weekend in London.  Here's me and the laddie and cricketing heaven 

20211205_114813.thumb.jpg.b7538e7ac751d5a28aa17e1a1af992bb.jpg

Should get some swing with that amount of cloud cover

33 minutes ago, Tynie Wickfield said:

Despite all the differences on this thread fundamentally we all want to get back to normal and get our lives back to what they were.

Gutted, you were a solid 9 but now I've seen you.....7...still wid

2 hours ago, Tynie Wickfield said:

You look slightly less stumpy than the last pic that got posted, so thats something for you to enjoy... A wee compliment from Bairnardo

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Ridiculous. Folk having to use a week's annual leave to look after their kid sent home because someone in a different class has a cough. 

Does seem a bit of an over reaction for three cases. Text at 5pm on a Sunday evening. 

4 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Ridiculous. Folk having to use a week's annual leave to look after their kid sent home because someone in a different class has a cough. 

We have just had a primary class sent home. Rule here (Italy) is two cases in a Primary class and that class goes home, three cases in a class for Middle School. The weans were having sleepovers at the weekend 😄