Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Pretty loud noises this morning, as regards the crowd size at the Steps gig falling through the cracks of the existing criteria for needing proof of vaccine status, so suggestions it needs to be tightened up for all indoor events and hospitality.

Just banning shite acts like Steps from performing would fix this.

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think the point here is that we are stuck with restrictions like masking permanently and not just till next Summer.

If 24 cases per 100k wasn't low enough this year then Covid case numbers will never be low enough to convince Sturgeon to remove them. There's never going to be a time where this is no risk of a new variant.

Are you happy masking up, testing, having vaccine passports and doing PCR tests for travel forever?

I'm asking this because if your answer is No, then I have to ask you and all the others who think this isn't a big deal "for now" - at what point do you start protesting against it?

She’ll have to make facemasks discretionary ‘after the winter’. Whenever that is is up for debate. As 2020 has turned into 2021, and we’re a baw’ hair away from 2022, she’ll simply have to, at some point, stop the charade of mandatory pieces of useless fashionista tat from the mobile phone case sellers being slapped on people’s faces in the Antonine Centre in Cumbernauld… and other similar venues across the breadth of our country.

That is, if they stop going on about IndyRef 2 long enough to remember to do it. 

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Put it this way, I wouldn’t vote my wife in as first minister. 

A lot of people in life are hugely risk averse and don't always understand that everything in life has a risk, including doing nothing, and the trade of involved with the benefits .  I doubt someone who made it to first minister is one of those people but she knows many of her voters are , and now that everything in politics has become a version of the old firm she has to do the opposite of what the UK government are doing

The reckless torry's , who i'm sure aren't really doing it for the befit of the people, have went with the line of " if you don't do anything dangerous , then you won't do anything at all"  which is actually the right thing to do although it will lead to more illness and death. the world has backed themselves into a corner with lockdowns and restrictions , there's now no way out without an exit wave, someone had to bite the bullet and go first. 

To be amongst the first few to do so along with the USA, the UK government probably hoped that this would give them a massive economic headstart over the EU so that they could tout brexit as a success, that would be a disaster for the snp , so naturally they want to stop it.  Politics is the big bad world 

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Pretty loud noises this morning, as regards the crowd size at the Steps gig falling through the cracks of the existing criteria for needing proof of vaccine status, so suggestions it needs to be tightened up for all indoor events and hospitality.

Where are you seeing this?

Would it surprise any of the non-Simps if, having pied/shat it from expanding the scheme two weeks in a row recently, that the Scottish Government would find the most flimsy of 'justifications', just in time. All, of course, at a time of months low hospital and ICU admissions, and no evidence whatsoever that the latest variant leads to more severe outcomes. Indeed, the actual fear is that it makes the vaccines less effective, making Covid passports even more pointless than they already are.

One thing is for sure, though: nothing will surprise me with this tinpot administration.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Problems in Luxembourg at a Christmas market. Those who advocate vaccine passports might want to be prepared for this sort of thing.

Ironically some of them were wearing face covering. I liked that they tidied up, rather than launch the barrier through a window.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't know, the smell of the sausages makes me lose all control.

The last time I was at Edinburgh Zoo, one of the food outlets was selling sausage rolls by the inch. Long sausage roll and a ruler screwed on to the counter.

Dunno why, but I couldn't stop laughing.