Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Pfizered up so now have a cocktail in my veins.
And a seemless exercise and a 100m walk home.
What's not to like.

In an out in 25 mins and then went to the cafe for a full Monty to celebrate...well that was the excuse 

this is a dark path we're going down, time to turn around

That whole account is full of tinfoil hat conspiracy theory shite.

There are plenty of good arguments against restrictions without resorting to the "like the Nazis" nonsense.

It's not only a sloppy analogy but actually downright offensive.

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That whole account is full of tinfoil hat conspiracy theory shite.

There are plenty of good arguments against restrictions without resorting to the "like the Nazis" nonsense.

It's not only a sloppy analogy but actually downright offensive.

a speech at a holocaust memorial dismissed as conspiracy theory, jesus f**k

sloppy analogy my arse the parallels are blatant

2 minutes ago, Glennie said:

It’s just so noticeable how the left leaning media  and left leaning politicians all seem to want more and more restrictions.

The right of the Conservative party and GBNews, the Telegraph, the Mail and the Express are the only ones that are adopting a libertarian approach of ‘leave it up to the individual’.

I don’t think it will be long before mainstream conservatives will be telling the SCIENCE, Michie et al to ‘sling their hooks’

Time now for life to get back to normal.

That "speech" video is very selective - why not show the whole thing? Or was there context included that those who are pushing it didn't want included?

The speech itself was made on 27 January 2020 - the target wasn't restrictions but the nationalist Polish government.

It's a deliberate false equivalence being used by the far right. To say say the current restrictions are like the Holocaust is just fucking insulting to the 6 million who died.

It's disingenuous shite of the worst kind.

Who are you going to quote next?

Pastor Niemuller?

It’s just so noticeable how the left leaning media  and left leaning politicians all seem to want more and more restrictions.
The right of the Conservative party and GBNews, the Telegraph, the Mail and the Express are the only ones that are adopting a libertarian approach of ‘leave it up to the individual’.
I don’t think it will be long before mainstream conservatives will be telling the SCIENCE, Michie et al to ‘sling their hooks’
Not surprised you're white knighting you utter cretin.

Leave aside the holocaust part and your "offence" and think about what point is being made here.
We are allowed to learn from history.
Look at what is happening. A tranche of people are being progressively closed off from normal society and being labelled as "the problem".
This is creating unnecessary fear, suspicion and division in society.
We don't need to have direct equivalence between what is happening now and what happened in WW2 but it's the last major event in recent history where such division was created so it's not unreasonable to look at it through that lens.
This deliberate and progressive creation of a 2-tier society should be something every one of us should be opposing.
Don't get distracted by the holocaust nonsense. That doesn't need to be the outcome for those lessons to be heeded.
The speech wasn't about restrictions though - it was implicitly criticising the racist actions of the Polish government.

It's completely misleading.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
35 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not surprised you're white knighting you utter cretin.

Just giving you the truth.

Take a look at the front pages of the Guardian, Independent day after day.

The BBC is just itching for more restrictions as are SKY.

Just giving you the truth.
Take a look at the front pages of the Guardian, Independent day after day.
The BBC is just itching for more restrictions as are SKY.
So taking a quote about the Holocaust that implicitly criticises the racist Polish government and pretending it's criticising restrictions is your kind of truth?

There are plenty of good arguments against restrictions without resorting to that kind of nonsense.

It's absolutely deliberate because the narrative here isn't the restrictions but the false equivalence - it's a classic far right approach to reduce the meaning of the Holocaust.

When Marian Turski said: “when you see that the past is stretched for current political needs”, he was clearly taking aim at the current Polish government who made it illegal to accuse Poland of complicity in the Nazi crimes that were committed on its soil.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

This thread needs a public health warning and quarantine notice slapped on it. The paranoid hysterics are fair flying this morning.

I haven't really bothered with it much other than to laugh at Detournement now and again, but aye, a fair few have completely jumped the shark, on either side of the debate. 

23 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I haven't really bothered with it much other than to laugh at Detournement now and again, but aye, a fair few have completely jumped the shark, on either side of the debate. 

Very wise, think I'll take a wide swerve while I still have a few remaining marbles.

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You should take a swerve for being a hypocritical arsewipe while you are at it.

Just as a last farewell, I wasn't in the "mainplayer" dotting fraternity wanting @Granny Danger truncheoned in the face and arrested for driving his wife to the supermarket and staying in the car while she did the shopping last year. Now that's what you call hypocrisy. The common sense approach to the advice and rules has been my motto throughout. You should re-read @hibsfan 's posts a few pages back, there's a fag paper between our attitudes. I'm going to take his advice and stay away from this home for hysterics. I'm just off to add a few arsewipes to my ignore list so I don't get tagged back on here.

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just as a last farewell, I wasn't in the "mainplayer" dotting fraternity wanting Grannydanger truncheoned in the face and arrested for driving his wife to the supermarket and staying in the car while she did the shopping last year. Now that's what you call hypocrisy. The common sense approach to the advice and rules has been my motto throughout. You should re-read @hibsfan 's posts a few pages back, there's a fag paper between our attitudes. I'm going to take his advice and stay away from this home for hysterics. I'm just off to add a few arsewipes to my ignore list so I don't get tagged back on here.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards