Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, 101 said:

Ireland seem to just constantly make much more of a c**t of the situation than anyone else

It sounds as though they simply let their version of sage call all of the shots entirely as opposed to here and elsewhere where political leaders have had the final say and how much of a deviation depends on where you are

13 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

It sounds as though they simply let their version of sage call all of the shots entirely as opposed to here and elsewhere where political leaders have had the final say and how much of a deviation depends on where you are

Yeh there seems to be no economist in any part of their advice it's just all lockdown, lockdown lite, home by 10pm type stuff.

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yeh there seems to be no economist in any part of their advice it's just all lockdown, lockdown lite, home by 10pm type stuff.

No way of proving it, but my gut feel is if it weren't for Westminster, SG wouldn't be too far behind them.

Sadly the whole thing has degenerated into a left wing / right wing thing now.

Had my booster and flu jabs yesterday.

I feel like shit today. Nothing a  few paracetamol won't sort out but I'm not looking forward to freezing my arse of at Pittodrie this afternoon.

Nice little earner for Moderna. Until Bill Gates gets the battery life in the chip to last a bit longer. 😀

34 minutes ago, Steven W said:

No way of proving it, but my gut feel is if it weren't for Westminster, SG wouldn't be too far behind them.

Sadly the whole thing has degenerated into a left wing / right wing thing now.

Far behind?  You're having a laugh, we would be far Infront.

Devi Sridhar

What the UK can learn from South Korea’s Covid response

At the start of the pandemic, Seoul pursued a zero-Covid policy. How will this affect the west’s response to the next pandemic?’

Wed 17 Nov 2021 08.00 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/nov/17/south-korea-covid-uk-pandemic

[4 Dec 2021]

Record cases in South Korea

South Korea again broke its daily records for coronavirus infections and deaths and confirmed three more cases of the new Omicron variant as officials scramble to tighten social distancing and border controls.

The 5,352 new cases reported by the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency on Saturday marked the third time this week the daily tally exceeded 5,000. The country’s death toll was at 3,809 after a record 70 virus patients died in the past 24 hours, while the 752 patients in serious or critical conditions were also an all-time high.

As the Delta-driven surge threatens to overwhelm hospital systems, there is also concern about the local spread of the Omicron variant, which is seen as potentially more infectious than previous strains of the virus.

3a7.jpg.32b6ce3b005f17b051f35229a549b0e5.jpg

17 minutes ago, Tynie Wickfield said:

Devi has quite possibly been proven to be the biggest fraud throughout these whole pandemic. That's some achievement.

Anything to raise her profile and sell her book.  A dangerous individual.

You couldn't mark her neck with a blow torch 

The real question is, given how utterly wrong she has been on just about everything, why would anyone buy her book now?

Is it not meant to be about how to effectively deal with the next pandemic?

Be a real shame to see it gathering dust in bargain bins.

image.png.657d082c7894eda4ce06312807593a10.png

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Phoned up to book an appointment for Scott to get his second dose. Couldn't do it online without knowing the date I took him to the drop in centre. 

They really do make you jump through hoops to get anywhere on the phone. I know my CHI number and first and second dose dates off by heart now as a result.

Seems a little overkill as not everyone will have that info handy.

21 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They really do make you jump through hoops to get anywhere on the phone. I know my CHI number and first and second dose dates off by heart now as a result.

This is the type of thing that really annoys me. The constant GET VACCINATED message being disseminated whilst in a lot of areas they could make it much easier to do so. 

28 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I’m not disputing this for a second, but when I called up, all they needed was my date of birth and my postcode.  I don’t know if it’s different Health Boards taking different approaches. I agree it should be as easy as possible.