Coronavirus (COVID-19)

55 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Meanwhile, we now have another treatment for this nothing virus: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59502745

I welcome any and all treatments for it. 

You don’t make your argument any stronger by referring to a virus which has killed 145,000 in the UK as a “nothing virus”.  

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, alta-pete said:
Ok, I know no-one will know the answer to this but after a frustrating 5 hours going round the houses, I'm looking for an opinion from the P&B massive:
I tested positive with a symptoms start date of 21 November. I exited self isolation after 30 November. A longstanding commitment, we are due to fly to Fuerteventura on 4 December (13 days after my symptoms started).
Filling out the Spain Health form to get the QR code for entry through immigration it asks about your previous 14 day covid history. Me, being an honest soul, 'fess up to being covid positive in the previous 14-day period and declare the wife and offspring as having been similarly in close contact with a covid positive person.
Spain Health then generates the QR codes but on the accompanying email it states - 'Based on your answers, we advise you not to travel...', (their bold, not mine).
My Jet 2 Travel Insurance allows me to cancel if there's a positive covid test within 14 days of departure (remember, I'm at Day -13). Gets me just about all my money back.
Having been round every imaginable agency today, no-one has yet said whether we can travel, whether anyone will take the blindest bit of notice at immigration or if we're doomed to having flashing red lights the minute we arrive, only to be huckled into a darkened isolation cell to wait the next available flight back to the UK. By which point we'll have spunked our flight and accommodation money with no recourse.
What would P&B do?

I'm in Fuerteventura right now, the Spanish PLF was checked and the QR code scanned on entry. You need to do another PLF and answer the Q no or cancel. Fuerteventura going to L3 restrictions on Monday it was announced today, second tightening since we arrived mid November.

Thanks. The real life fact based experience answer I was after. I knew you'd deliver!

f**k. 😢

It's also given handy cover for all sorts of organisations (public and private) to scale back services or user privileges because the big, bad pandemic made us do it. See Scotrail's alcohol ban. 
Or completely limit the ability to actually speak to a human being.

Getting through some of these automated call systems is a fucking joke.

Ok, I know no-one will know the answer to this but after a frustrating 5 hours going round the houses, I'm looking for an opinion from the P&B massive:

I tested positive with a symptoms start date of 21 November. I exited self isolation after 30 November. A longstanding commitment, we are due to fly to Fuerteventura on 4 December (13 days after my symptoms started).

Filling out the Spain Health form to get the QR code for entry through immigration it asks about your previous 14 day covid history. Me, being an honest soul, 'fess up to being covid positive in the previous 14-day period and declare the wife and offspring as having been similarly in close contact with a covid positive person.

Spain Health then generates the QR codes but on the accompanying email it states - 'Based on your answers, we advise you not to travel...', (their bold, not mine).

My Jet 2 Travel Insurance allows me to cancel if there's a positive covid test within 14 days of departure (remember, I'm at Day -13). Gets me just about all my money back.

Having been round every imaginable agency today, no-one has yet said whether we can travel, whether anyone will take the blindest bit of notice at immigration or if we're doomed to having flashing red lights the minute we arrive, only to be huckled into a darkened isolation cell to wait the next available flight back to the UK. By which point we'll have spunked our flight and accommodation money with no recourse.

What would P&B do?

Maybe not much help, but Spain accepts LAMP tests as on level with PCR. LAMP is less sensitive than PCR so much less likely to detect dead covid stuff, so negative tests for the family might help you. Problem is they'll likely check your QR codes for the Spanish location form before you even get on the plane. If it was me I'd redo the landing form and just be a bit sensibly discrete with the actualite this time, you muppet, and hope the algorithm pumps you out nice new QR codes. Sorry I can't be more help, good luck.

Edited by welshbairn

General

The most commonly reported adverse reactions have included nausea, vomiting, constipation. Injection site pain and injection site reaction have been reported with the IV product.

Hepatic

Common (1% to 10%): Increased aspartate aminotransferase
Rare (less than 0.1%): Increased hepatic transaminases
Frequency not reported: Liver failure

Gastrointestinal

Very common (10% or more): Nausea (up to 34%), Vomiting (up to 15%)

Common (1% to 10%): Abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, dyspepsia, enlarged abdomen
Frequency not reported: Dry mouth

Hypersensitivity

Postmarketing reports: Anaphylaxis, hypersensitivity reactions

Hematologic

Common (1% to 10%): Anemia, postoperative hemorrhage
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Thrombocytopenia, leucopenia, neutropenia

Dermatologic

Common (1% to 10%): Rash, pruritus,
Rare (less than 0.1%): Serious skin reactions such as acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Pemphigold reaction, pustular rash, Lyell syndrome

Respiratory

Common (1% to 10%): Dyspnea, abnormal breath sounds, pulmonary edema, hypoxia, pleural effusion, stridor, wheezing, coughing

Cardiovascular

Common (1% to 10%): Peripheral edema, hypertension, hypotension, tachycardia, chest pain

Metabolic

Common (1% to 10%): Hypokalemia, hyperglycemia

Nervous system

Common (1% to 10%): Headache, dizziness
Frequency not reported: Dystopia

Musculoskeletal

Common (1% to 10%): Muscle spasms, trismus

Psychiatric

Common (1% to 10%): insomnia, anxiety

Genitourinary

Common (1% to 10%): Oliguria

Local

Common (1% to 10%): Infusion site pain, injection site reactions

Ocular

Common (1% to 10%): Periorbital edema

Other

Common (1% to 10%): Pyrexia, fatigue
Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Malaise

No that isn't the side effects of vaccines.

It's the side effects of Calpol.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe not much help, but Spain accepts LAMP tests as on level with PCR. LAMP is less sensitive than PCR so much less likely to detect dead covid stuff, so negative tests for the family might help you. Problem is they'll likely check your QR codes for the Spanish location form before you get on the plane. If it was me I'd redo the landing form and just be a bit sensibly discrete with the actualite this time, you muppet, and hope the algorithm pumps you out nice new QR codes. Sorry I can't be more help, good luck.

I'm 10 or so days past a positive PCR and I've been told that I'll continue to test positive for up to 90 days. Right now, I reckon I'd fail any and every test.

Muppet is perfectly fair but I just can't fabricate stuff, I can't play poker.

I did try and start again and they'll let you change enough details but not your covid history (muppet me, agreed). I now know I've signed the death warrant on my own holiday as @Billy Jean King has i think confirmed - and, yes i'm completely fucked off about that - but its 90% money back and revisit again in 3/4 months.

15 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I'm 10 or so days past a positive PCR and I've been told that I'll continue to test positive for up to 90 days. Right now, I reckon I'd fail any and every test.

I did try and start again and they'll let you change enough details but not your covid history (muppet me, agreed). I now know I've signed the death warrant on my own holiday as @Billy Jean King has i think confirmed - and, yes i'm completely fucked off about that - but its 90% money back and revisit again in 3/4 months.

Yeah, I relooked at the rules and the LAMP test would only help someone who was unvaccinated recovering from Covid, and as they've now totally banned unvaccinated people from the UK it was useless information. Hard lines m8, maybe have a wee trip to Ullapool or Paris to keep you going till your next attempt. The 90 days is an exaggeration btw, especially with LAMP, and usually you're only asked if you were tested positive in the last 14 days. Which means you could rebook for a week or so, we double vaxxed elite don't have to mess around with fit to fly testing after all!

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not everyone who will opt not to have a third / fourth / fifth vaccine will belong to this category, though.

Personally I'm not getting a 3rd. The continual shifting of the goalposts has went on long enough. If I'm excluded from society or lose my job then so be it, but the thought of 3 or 4 vaccines in the space of a year for someone fit and healthy really is beyond the pale imo

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Personally I'm not getting a 3rd. The continual shifting of the goalposts has went on long enough. If I'm excluded from society or lose my job then so be it, but the thought of 3 or 4 vaccines in the space of a year for someone fit and healthy really is beyond the pale imo

It's been good knowing you, tattie bye!

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, I relooked at the rules and the LAMP test would only help someone who was unvaccinated recovering from Covid, and as they've now totally banned unvaccinated people from the UK it was useless information. Hard lines m8, maybe have a wee trip to Ullapool or Paris to keep you going till your next attempt. The 90 days is an exaggeration btw, especially with LAMP, and usually you're only asked if you were tested positive in the last 14 days. Which means you could rebook for a week or so, we double vaxxed elite don't have to mess around with fit to fly testing after all!

Just to clarify that answer, you could probably postpone your holiday for a couple of days and pass the Spanish landing form algorithm, just make sure it's 15 days after your negative test that you declared in your first one.

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

do the "decent moral thing" and blindly follow the rules

I'm fairly sure I've never said that. All I've suggested is it's not worth getting hysterical over being asked to wash your hands at an optician or to wear a mask in a shop or bus. You can argue how much use it is but I'm sure it's not zero, especially to the bus driver with thousands of passengers every day. I apply common sense to the rules, when I was told last year I shouldn't drive more than 5 miles for a walk, sometimes I'd go 7. If I was going to Spain and they asked if I'd had a negative covid test in the last 14 days, and I'd had one 12 days ago, and fully recovered, I'd say no. If I'd tested positive in the week before I wouldn't even think about going. 

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

FTFY.

Of course. Common sense is seriously lacking on this thread, far too many absolutes. Covid is a maze you have manoeuvre through, not a set of walls of certainty to bash your head against. 

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

I welcome any and all treatments for it. 

You don’t make your argument any stronger by referring to a virus which has killed 145,000 in the UK as a “nothing virus”.  

Do you know how many people have died from influenza in human history?

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Of course. Common sense is seriously lacking on this thread, far too many absolutes. Covid is a maze you have manoeuvre through, not a set of walls of certainty to bash your head against. 

Certainly looking forward to you next getting on your soapbox and calling anyone out for anything.