Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

that-what-a-simp-would-say-pewdiepie.gif

This from the man who praised Johnson for switching to the Swedish model on the day he suggested Street Covid Commissars to make sure their neighbours were keeping to the lockdown rules. :lol:

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well, if you think it should be legal for private concerns to discriminate on the basis of medical history, rather than democratic governments acting on public health grounds, that's another issue. Happy to chat about that if you like. :)

I genuinely think you need help when you come out with stuff like that.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

How do the GP’s feel about this?

Can only speak for the ones i have contact with who are quite despondent with it. Would have massive implications for us. Sure tynie could let us know if the messaging is the same in the east. Mrs is expecting more info tomorrow. Id rather she got out of the NHS if this is the mentality.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I genuinely think you need help when you come out with stuff like that.

Likewise.

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I think they could kill your first born and you’d still kiss a picture of Sturgeon goodnight.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

He has broken the rules so often now there isn't even a question on whether he will resign or be forced out. What a bunch the Tories are.

There must have been at least 10 different events over the last few years that would previously have been considered a ‘scandal’ where heads would roll, and (other than Hancock) they just brass neck it and ignore it’s even happened. A fucking disgrace of a government/party that need fired into the sun.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

There must have been at least 10 different events over the last few years that would previously have been considered a ‘scandal’ where heads would roll, and (other than Hancock) they just brass neck it and ignore it’s even happened. A fucking disgrace of a government/party that need fired into the sun.

I would say probably closer to 100, mind when Diane Abbott had to resign because she drank a cocktail on a tube train or the other woman from the Labour front bench got chucked for taking a picture of an England flag :lol:

They are basically unaccountable, even to the electorate most of them have a 5 figure majority. 

Anyone who bases their Covid precautions on Boris Fucking Johnson's behaviour is an idiot. He's the man who bragged about shaking every patient's hand in a Covid ward before getting hospitalised with it.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The more interesting question is this. Given that we've sat for 18 months watching so many people in power (political and scientific advisors) repeatedly simply side-step the rules they've mandated by law that everyone else has to follow, why is anyone either listening to them or complying with them?

Maybe some of the anger is actually people feeling a bit foolish for complying with this nonsense?

It’s because we’re British. In broad brush stroke terms, I think that means we, generally, obey the rules, play by the book, are good at queuing, play with a straight bat, etc, etc, and all that.

Personally, I have never trusted a Tory as far as I could throw them, and initially thought the SNP were (again, generally) a modern, centre-left progressive party who were better than them. I felt they could be trusted a bit more, because they obviously knew life existed North of the M25, and had an in-built Scottish sense of having their heids’ screwed on. Now though, if Sturgeon & Co told me tomorrow was Thursday, I’d go and check the fcuking calendar.

Go to your average shopping centre tomorrow and mask wearing will be up, because we’re British. We do what we’re told.

At the next election, I am faced with an interesting choice. I don’t want to vote for any of the fcukers. Deliberately spoiling my ballot paper it is then, in a thought-out manner that ensures the candidates will be shown my paper, in order to agree it is a spoiled paper. I know how to do it. I am making sure my vote isn’t wasted, and counts. For a brief moment, every one of them will look at it.

Democracy in action?

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The more interesting question is this. Given that we've sat for 18 months watching so many people in power (political and scientific advisors) repeatedly simply side-step the rules they've mandated by law that everyone else has to follow, why is anyone either listening to them or complying with them?

Maybe some of the anger is actually people feeling a bit foolish for complying with this nonsense?

I think people understand that public health guidance is largely brought in to protect people and people in the main are willing to do something they think will protect others, it's an different conversation to have about whether people need protection or if the measures implemented are suitable.

Secondly people are angry not about being "foolish" but the fact that people came up with the rules and the penalties seem to face no rules and are subject to no penalties like the rest of us would be. I know the police have attended Boris' residence before but I doubt they went to break up this party and issue him with a fine, like they did round the country at his request.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

What's fascinating is that Brits tend to think that this level of obedience and compliance is something to be proud of. Something virtuous. When in actual fact it just means we're easily manipulated, weak and prefer others to do our thinking for us. Strong people would have ditched lockdown the second they saw the Scottish CMO or whatever her title was, visiting her holiday home in Fife after telling the rest of us to stay indoors.

Remember it was only last year that people needed to be told how to wash their hands by singing a full verse of Happy Birthday or whatever song it was - cue multiple YouTube videos explaining the process.

I do just wonder whether some of this rage towards Boris is just a bit of embarrassment.

I'm in the same boat as you regarding the SNP. I probably just won't vote rather than ruin my ballot paper. Not sure when I will vote again. I like my politicians to stay the f**k out of my day to day life. Apparently that's asking too much. Just found out recently that I now need to have to replace all of my perfetcly well-functioning smoke detectors in my house and replace them with blue-tooth connected ones at a cost to me of a few hundred quid with the risk of my insurance not paying out if I don't thanks to Sturgeon. The WTF moments just keep piling up.

I would encourage you to spoil your ballot paper in a sensible manner that means all candidates are shown it, in order to agree it is spoiled. If, for example, someone goes in angry, and just scrawls ‘cnuts’, but it is scrawled across one candidate’s box, that candidate can claim it is in their box, so is a vote for them. If however, you write something like ‘none of them’ diagonally, from bottom left to top right, ensuring all candidate’s boxes are covered, they are all shown it to agree it goes down as spoiled. I think it’s important to vote. You are only responsible for your own vote, so whatever you choose to do with it is your personal choice. That will be my choice. A choice made deliberately and that’s all that I’m bothered about.

21 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s because we’re British. In broad brush stroke terms, I think that means we, generally, obey the rules, play by the book, are good at queuing, play with a straight bat, etc, etc, and all that.

Personally, I have never trusted a Tory as far as I could throw them, and initially thought the SNP were (again, generally) a modern, centre-left progressive party who were better than them. I felt they could be trusted a bit more, because they obviously knew life existed North of the M25, and had an in-built Scottish sense of having their heids’ screwed on. Now though, if Sturgeon & Co told me tomorrow was Thursday, I’d go and check the fcuking calendar.

Go to your average shopping centre tomorrow and mask wearing will be up, because we’re British. We do what we’re told.

At the next election, I am faced with an interesting choice. I don’t want to vote for any of the fcukers. Deliberately spoiling my ballot paper it is then, in a thought-out manner that ensures the candidates will be shown my paper, in order to agree it is a spoiled paper. I know how to do it. I am making sure my vote isn’t wasted, and counts. For a brief moment, every one of them will look at it.

Democracy in action?

I'm going to exercise my right to vote and also exercise my right to be an immature cunt at the next GE and draw a cock on my paper.  I'll always vote for an independent Scotland, but the SNP have lost my vote for the foreseeable with the refusal to accept that vulnerable people will die from Covid.

I was going to vote Green but they're just as bad.  And the Alba Party are full of mad dangers.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Give that you need to be told how to wash your fucking hands, I don't think you should be throwing the word "idiot" at anyone my friend. 🤣

Happy Birthday welshy. Happy birthday. 🤣

Says the toddler who threw a tantrum when asked to wash his hands at Specsaver. :lol:

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not trying to have a go here because you're welcome to take whatever view you want but this is the bit I don't understand.

How can anyone still be trying to convince themselves and others that this is about public health when those who make the rules are blindly ignoring them?

Why is it not crossing your mind that maybe these rules are useless control measures?

How does 18 months of this not force you to re-think what is going on?

I think a pandemic is by it's nature a public health issue, I don't agree however mask wearing or vaccine passports or test and protect is a long term strategy, it needs a fundamental overhaul of society we live in promoting healthy lifestyles, making that affordable, building a resilient NHS that can cope every winter. Needs serious cash and that of course goes to the heart of society people shouldn't be able to minimise their tax liability companies who trade in Scotland should be subject to fair taxation.

I think I posted way back in the pandemic that the people in charge can do their best of understand what it's been like for normal people but their lives have been more normal than most going into work seeing other people working at a frantic pace etc. As for then not following public health advice rendering the advice useless Boris nearly died of Covid so I would suggest he's a bit dim.

That said most people want an easy life if that means sticking a mask on to wander round a shop and save someone on a low wage having to stand and take stick for reminding people to wear it then I'm happy to do that.

But yes the previous 18 months show that this system we have just now doesn't work, I would hope independence would bring about real change and a host of new political parties offering real difference rather than the colour chart of beige options we currently have.

That perhaps goes slightly off tangent :lol:

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm going to exercise my right to vote and also exercise my right to be an immature c**t at the next GE and draw a cock on my paper.  I'll always vote for an independent Scotland, but the SNP have lost my vote for the foreseeable with the refusal to accept that vulnerable people will die from Covid.

I was going to vote Green but they're just as bad.  And the Alba Party are full of mad dangers.

Make it a big cock, and draw it across all names on the ballot paper. In the next election, there could be an issue there though. The SNP could claim the big cock vote is a vote for John Swinney.

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I assume by "people" he means Nicola Sturgeon and the entire Scottish Government? 

I assume he means the CEO of Moderna who gave out different mood music yesterday.  Both of them trying to sell jags.  If one says our jag is good and the other says our jag is OK which one are countries going to buy?