Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Cases in Scotland down again another 2.11% today.   Still rising in England.

I'm convinced you are at it now.

Cases in England have fallen each of the last 3 days since Saturday.

Cases in Scotland today actually rose 1.67%

Please stop posting utter shite.

29 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You seem to miss the part where i say i support it, i dont think there is grounds for this massive debate and infighting?

There isn't grounds for debate and infighting in the sense that nobody in the SNP should be against strengthening transgender rights.

However, if there are members of the SNP who are against strengthening those rights, and there certainly are, then there absolutely is grounds for debate and infighting to make sure that the correct side wins out and those rights are strengthened. The alternative to that would be to just not bother with transgender rights in order to make sure there is no infighting, which would absolutely be the wrong response.

So with that in mind, the fault for any SNP infighting on the issue certainly doesn't lie with 'academics' who are interested in 'idealistic debates' since transgender rights are not an academic debate or a daft minutiae but a reality for a marginalised group in society (which is exactly what the left wing should be fighting for).

The fault lies squarely with the members of the SNP who want to stand in the way of transgender rights.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm convinced you are at it now.

Cases in England have fallen each of the last 3 days since Saturday.

Cases in Scotland today actually rose 1.67%

Please stop posting utter shite.

You're clearly getting your figures from different sources. Think you need a nice cup of tea.

Nicola Sturgeon has urged Scots to regularly test in a bid to prevent further spread of coronavirus across the country.

The First Minister announced during a statement to the Scottish Parliament that all nine cases of the Omicron variant in Scotland, which originated in southern Africa, can be linked to a private event on November 20. 

At present there are five cases in Lanarkshire and four in the Greater Glasgow and Clydehealth board area. 

Testing is being ramped up to halt further spread of the variant which is believed to be more transmissible, according to early reports from scientists.

The SNP leader revealed that testing locations will be made available in supermarkets, garden centres and Christmas market around

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Nicola Sturgeon has urged Scots to regularly test in a bid to prevent further spread of coronavirus across the country.

The First Minister announced during a statement to the Scottish Parliament that all nine cases of the Omicron variant in Scotland, which originated in southern Africa, can be linked to a private event on November 20. 

At present there are five cases in Lanarkshire and four in the Greater Glasgow and Clydehealth board area. 

Testing is being ramped up to halt further spread of the variant which is believed to be more transmissible, according to early reports from scientists.

The SNP leader revealed that testing locations will be made available in supermarkets, garden centres and Christmas market around

Sleep Yawn GIF

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Out of interest, what would you do if a bus driver politely asked you to put a mask on? I'm not questioning your way of dealing with it all btw, it seems most reasonable.

In London, where technically since Sadiq Khan's announcement it has been just as mandatory to wear a face mask on a bus as it has been in Scotland, I have walked onto at least a hundred buses without wearing a mask, and not been asked by one driver.

If one did, I would put the one on that I carry with me.

I have put it on once or twice on buses when they have got very full, and also did once when I was mildly choking on a sweet and probably made the whole upper deck think I was riddled with COVID.

Anyway, back to the hypothetical of a bus driver politely asking, I'd say 'sure, no bother', put it on, and then sit down on the bus. Depending on its capacity (especially on the upper deck when it's me and two other people sat up there), I would take it off again. If it is a 50%+ or more full bus, I'd probably keep it on.

However, more than anything, I just want to reach a point where, if I leave the house and forget my mask in a rush, it isn't something I then have to double back for because no driver would let me on. That's a very different kind of exemption to a medical one, but I feel that it's nearly as important, at least in terms of getting us back to a normal society.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Nonsense,

Thanks for summing up your post nice and early, saved me a lot of bother.

Edited by HibsFan

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The First Minister announced during a statement to the Scottish Parliament that all nine cases of the Omicron variant in Scotland, which originated in southern Africa, can be linked to a private event on November 20

So it was in the country before then, and before SA even announced it.  Unsurprising.

Case numbers I print as ever are with a 3 day lag and is a 7 day rolling average to ensure accuracy.   Todd can continue to shriek and red dot away.  

On a personal level he strikes me as a complete p***k.

That however is not an official stat.

Edited by superbigal

14 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

There isn't grounds for debate and infighting in the sense that nobody in the SNP should be against strengthening transgender rights.

im glad we agree on that. 

However, if there are members of the SNP who are against strengthening those rights, and there certainly are, then there absolutely is grounds for debate and infighting to make sure that the correct side wins out and those rights are strengthened. The alternative to that would be to just not bother with transgender rights in order to make sure there is no infighting, which would absolutely be the wrong response.

punt them, get them to f**k. 

So with that in mind, the fault for any SNP infighting on the issue certainly doesn't lie with 'academics' who are interested in 'idealistic debates' since transgender rights are not an academic debate or a daft minutiae but a reality for a marginalised group in society (which is exactly what the left wing should be fighting for).

The fault lies squarely with the members of the SNP who want to stand in the way of transgender rights.

Again though its not just the snp, they were the second party i mentioned, the stuff with Corbyn and Labour is a bigger issue in terms of the left ripping itself apart. You’ve got trade union leaders who’ve never even worked in a trade now, albeit the Tories tied a hand behind their back. Anyway we’re getting away from the covid debate on what was just a segue-way away which has snowballed.  

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Case numbers I print as ever are with a 3 day lag to ensure accuracy.   Todd can continue to shriek and red dot away.  

On a personal level he strikes me as a complete p***k.

That however is not an official stat.*

*now peer reviewed 

Nipped into a Dobbies garden centre today for a quick bite to eat. Big queue outside the restaurant with a woman from Dobbies letting people into what looked like a half-empty restaurant one at a time. No visible queue at the sandwiches or hot food station. So, I wait patiently in line wondering if the moronic variant scaremongering has prompted Dobbies management to ‘do a Sturgeon’ and shite themselves, re-introducing social distancing and general panic.

Nope. Their big coffee machine had broken down and the staff were doing their best to give punters instant coffee from big kettles, so they were trying to stop a big queue from forming at the broken and busted coffee station.

Whew. Life is good. 😜

31 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So it was in the country before then, and before SA even announced it.  Unsurprising.

The Belgian case of it dated from the 11th of November. This was announced before any UK case had been confirmed. 

The game was up at that point. If it was there it was almost certainly here too. The flight ban now can only be justified to prevent it 'taking hold' here now and working out whether it is more dangerous and the rest of it. 

However I think there is a fundamental problem with South Africa. They were required to do a pre-departure test for the Netherlands, which must all have been negative, and yet 10% of them were positive on arrival. Some of it Omicron, but most of it Delta. It's a known risk that you may catch the virus in the 48hrs before you arrive somewhere, but 10% of people? That shouldn't be happening. Clearly there's an underlying issue there. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Glennie said:

get yer jab subscription cards out for number 4 already

people actually believed this was going to stop at 2 😂

We don't need a climate change denier to tell us to laugh at what folk will believe.