Coronavirus (COVID-19)

All over 18s should be offered boosters and the gap reduced to three months. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-59457268

I'm sure Stevie Wonder could see the increased roll out of boosters coming, but this is probably going to result in a lot of logistical issues given the large widening of catchment and the reduced duration between doses. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Before I start, for me a new variant that becomes dominant but is less deadly is a good thing. Herd immunity achieved quicker with less deaths. So if this one wipes out Delta so be it. Fire in the boosters and all is good.  No bed wetting required.

Weekly Cases Update is really interesting down a substantial 12.86% and infectivity dropping.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 20th to 26th November  were 20,631 to 17,978 Down 12.86%, Positivity was 9.6% now 8.9%.  Cases per 100K were 377.4 now 328.9

Numerous councils down over 20% on the week.  Only Falkirk now standing out.  Dundee & Glasgow still at the right end.

Home Nations Weekly Cases  per 100K update  :  UK Average  418.3 to 439.5 Up 5.07%, England 409.5 to 437.8 Up 6.91%, Wales 536.5 to 495.1 down 7.72%, Northern Ireland 581.2 to 633.6 up 9.02%

Cases in Europe in terms of of numbers per 100K  Czech 1188, Slovakia 1059, Austria 955, Netherlands 916, Belgium 908, Croatia 810, Slovenia 803, Hungary 732, Ireland 620,  all over 600.    No new entries in this category.

Council progress in last week as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk   536.2 to 564.9  Not in sync with Scottish declining cases and miles out in front. 

Angus  491.3 to 432.6  Down 12% yet jumps to 2nd

Moray   534.9 to 422.1  Down well over 20%

East Renfrewshire  386.2 to 414.3  Another riser up 11 places

East Dunbartonshire  438.6 to 411.0  

Dumfries & Galloway   532.1 to 403.9  Also well over 20% down

East Lothian  471.7 to 381.8  Down 20%

Aberdeen City  492.4 to 380.7  Down well over 20%

Fife   455.5 to 379.5  

Clackmannanshire  475.7 to 378.2  Down 40% in a fortnight.

East Ayrshire 400.5 to 375.0 

Stirling  521.9 to 371.0 Down a huge 28.91%

North Lanarkshire  389.0 to 339.2

BELOW AVERAGE 

Aberdeenshire   343.6 to 325.2 

West Dunbartonshire  395.1 to 324.9  Down 20%

Inverclyde    350.4 to 323.1

City Of Edinburgh  317.1 to 312.2 

West Lothian  350.9 to 311.7  

Scottish  Borders  347.1 to 305.4

South Lanarkshire 341.6 to 300.8  

Renfrewshire 288.8 to 298.2  Another rare riser

Perth & Kinross  352.2 to 281.7  Down 40% in 2 weeks.

Argyll & Bute  386.1 to 278.6  Down over 25%

North Ayrshire   292.7 to 277.1 

Midlothian  306.0 to 269.5

South Ayrshire 377.2 to 266.6 Down over 25%

Highlands  382.7 to 261.6   Down over 45% in 2 weeks

Dundee City  342.0 to 260.7  Down nearly 25%

Glasgow City 264.9 to 243.5

Shetland Islands  489.7 to 240.5  

Western Isles   143.4 to 147.2  

Orkney Islands   223.2 to 133.9  

Glasgow near the bottom of the league - probably not for much longer though because 😉:

image.png.e22693e004158c497a01f4dfc0d78b3a.png

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

Yeah: we can safely conclude that covering our beaks in cloth rags until the end of time is not normal human behaviour. You could almost say expecting people to comply with such a thing is 'selfish'.

You utter bell-end.

what is selfish about asking people to comply ? Did your mum do such of a shite job, you got all your own way by throwing a tantrum ?

LightheartedUnevenGypsymoth-small.gif

Edited by Meldrew

3 hours ago, CheeseBurger said:

No she doesn't. It's simply another game of bluff. She fully expected Boris Johnson to completely disregard it. Do you have any idea how politics works?

3 hours ago, CheeseBurger said:

When you bluff, you don't go in at a level that you expect to be called. The whole point was to present something to Boris Johnson that had no chance of him ever taking seriously. His response was exactly what she was anticipating.

2 hours ago, CheeseBurger said:

She's a politician. Name me one that isn't a disgrace and i'll kindly explain to you why you're wrong.

I think everyone has a fair idea how it works. Unfortunately pre-Covid I had bought into Sturgeon being different from the rest of the odious group of people that call themselves politicians. I genuinely believed she was not only competent, but actually a decent person who was open, honest and had similar views on what is best for the country to myself. 

What this type of pathetic posture shows though (and she has shown over the entire Covid period) is that she is exactly the same as the rest of them. Putting herself, and ensuring that she covers her arse and looks better than the UK Government, ahead of the mental health of the population with shite like today. She’s not who I thought she was, and that’s really disappointing for me as I’d firmly hung my hat on her and independence before this. Now I’d be terrified of her/the SNP having full control. She’s forced me into actively hoping for Boris and the Tories to save us from them which if you told me I would be 18 months ago I’d have laughed in your face. Depressing times.

25 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

what is selfish about asking people to comply ? Did your mum do such of a shite job, you got all your own way by throwing a tantrum ?

LightheartedUnevenGypsymoth-small.gif

Imagine telling your own self in 2019 about this current discourse and then consider just how insane it would seem.

There's your answer.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I think everyone has a fair idea how it works. Unfortunately pre-Covid I had bought into Sturgeon being different from the rest of the odious group of people that call themselves politicians. I genuinely believed she was not only competent, but actually a decent person who was open, honest and had similar views on what is best for the country to myself. 

What this type of pathetic posture shows though (and she has shown over the entire Covid period) is that she is exactly the same as the rest of them. Putting herself, and ensuring that she covers her arse and looks better than the UK Government, ahead of the mental health of the population with shite like today. She’s not who I thought she was, and that’s really disappointing for me as I’d firmly hung my hat on her and independence before this. Now I’d be terrified of her/the SNP having full control. She’s forced me into actively hoping for Boris and the Tories to save us from them which if you told me I would be 18 months ago I’d have laughed in your face. Depressing times.

Spot on.

Relying on this Brexit-influenced Conservative Government to keep things like travel bans at bay (or minimised) from the 'pro-EU' and 'internationalist' SNP.

An absolutely absurd state of affairs. The 'left' have been an utter disgrace throughout. A betrayal of all sanity.

8 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Spot on.

Relying on this Brexit-influenced Conservative Government to keep things like travel bans at bay (or minimised) from the 'pro-EU' and 'internationalist' SNP.

An absolutely absurd state of affairs. The 'left' have been an utter disgrace throughout. A betrayal of all sanity.

the left have always been prone to insanity and bullying the people as theyve no brakes

10 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Spot on.

Was listening to JHB interviewing Desmond Swayne MP today.

What a hero this guy is. Totally refuses to wear a mask for all the reasons expounded by oaksoft but also, most importantly, in the interests of LIBERTY.

He’s a bit of an odd ball but just wish we had some Scottish politicians of that ilk.

On the left you’ve also got to hand it to Piers Corbyn and his mob.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's selfish because you want to control other people so YOU feel safer.

Did you really need that spelt out?

What is it with people like you and Welshy, Wee Bully, and the others who can't wait to "comply" without engaging your brain about what you are being told by law to comply with?

comply ? we've been asked to do something, i don't have a problem with that whatsoever, why do you and the other bed wetters seem to have issues with it ?

Bit of a pointless update overall.
Classic NS "We'd do this if only we could" schtick which covers their arse if it goes tits up after Rishi almost certainly tells her to bolt.
Nice bit of business uncertainty added to the mix, though, which they will no doubt be thankful for...
She's pretty much made a proposal she knows will be rejected.