Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Depends on the incubation period, you’d need to look at who tests positive after the event to get an accurate picture of transmission, something they’ve so far not given us much info on.

Also look im not mad keen on all the restrictions, but from observation at cop there wasn’t much adherence to the restrictions which were in place, all for the cameras, which angers me because its a bit do as i say and two tier. Wanting to restrict travel after all her pals got to Scotland and she got her pictures (and achieved nothing). 

Fair enough. It is pretty disappointing there's been a lack of transparency around that, but I'm not surprised about that. "A bad look" for many parties, so there's an incentive to keep Schtum I imagine.

Fully agree COP should've been moved online or postponed. 

1 minute ago, CheeseBurger said:

When you bluff, you don't go in at a level that you expect to be called. The whole point was to present something to Boris Johnson that had no chance of him ever taking seriously. His response was exactly what she was anticipating.

I'm not disagreeing with you.  I'm laughing at welshbairn describing it as mild precautions.

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

mild precautions?  From Johnson maybe.  Sturgeon is hitting the panic button basically wanting to kill the travel industry (again).  Full on wfh again which will hit loads of service businesses and she wants the treasury to get the cheque book out again.  Thats hardly mild.

I'm wondering if Harvey is behind the idea of travel restrictions and is prompting NS, it would fit in with his mindset.

Just now, Left Back said:

I'm not disagreeing with you.  I'm laughing at welshbairn describing it as mild precautions.

I was talking about going back to PCR testing instead of LFT for Day 2 testing, and temporarily putting SA back on the red list. Nothing has changed domestically.

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Fair enough. It is pretty disappointing there's been a lack of transparency around that, but I'm not surprised about that. "A bad look" for many parties, so there's an incentive to keep Schtum I imagine.

Fully agree COP should've been moved online or postponed. 

Aye but thats my point about the two tier thing, no criticism of protesters, no criticism of things that she agrees with but f**k me if you’re a naughty football fan. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was talking about going back to PCR testing instead of LFT for Day 2 testing, and temporarily putting SA back on the red list. Nothing has changed domestically.

You did listen to the briefing or have read about what was said?  If you did you'd know that statement is absolutely untrue in Scotland.  I'd suggest having a read of the transcript to see if you can figure it out.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-29-november-2021/

22 minutes ago, CheeseBurger said:

No she doesn't. It's simply another game of bluff. She fully expected Boris Johnson to completely disregard it. Do you have any idea how politics works?

Her posturing is a disgrace.

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You did listen to the briefing or have read about what was said?  If you did you'd know that statement is absolutely untrue in Scotland.  I'd suggest having a read of the transcript to see if you can figure it out.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-29-november-2021/

I watched it and read the transcript now in case I'd missed something. I didn't, there are no new domestic restrictions, just an appeal to follow the the current rules and advice and work at home if possible. Exactly the same as yesterday.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It is, however, exactly what her supporters will lap up. 

The "reckless toarrrrrries" narrative makes a return.

I think even some of her biggest fans are seeing through much of this and are getting tired of the same narrative while seeing no progress on holding a referendum.

Listening to Ian Blackford on the radio yesterday morning I got the impression she’s falling out of favour within the party too.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I watched it and read the transcript now in case I'd missed something. I didn't, there are no new domestic restrictions, just an appeal to follow the the current rules and advice and work at home if possible. Exactly the same as yesterday.

Changing your tune here again as you usually do when you get called out.  You never mentioned restrictions.  you said "nothing has changed domestically". 

Even the work at home stuff has changed.  We were in a period (supported by SG) of returning to the office.  Telling everyone to again WFH now is a change no matter which way you try and spin it.

Lets move on to testing.

This was said in an early part of the speech "from now on, testing yourself before mixing socially with people from other households".  You might loosely construe this as being the same as the current advice but the use of the phrase "from now on" means she knows it's different.

She then went on to say this "So on any occasion that you are intending to socialize, or mix with people from other households - whether that is in a pub, a restaurant, a house or even a shopping centre"

Test yourself before going to the shops now as well?  You don't think that's different?

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Changing your tune here again as you usually do when you get called out.  You never mentioned restrictions.  you said "nothing has changed domestically". 

Even the work at home stuff has changed.  We were in a period (supported by SG) of returning to the office.  Telling everyone to again WFH now is a change no matter which way you try and spin it.

Lets move on to testing.

This was said in an early part of the speech "from now on, testing yourself before mixing socially with people from other households".  You might loosely construe this as being the same as the current advice but the use of the phrase "from now on" means she knows it's different.

She then went on to say this "So on any occasion that you are intending to socialize, or mix with people from other households - whether that is in a pub, a restaurant, a house or even a shopping centre"

Test yourself before going to the shops now as well?  You don't think that's different?

A tour de force. The poster welshbairn has a fast and loose relationship with fact and reality.

6 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I think even some of her biggest fans are seeing through much of this and are getting tired of the same narrative while seeing no progress on holding a referendum.

Listening to Ian Blackford on the radio yesterday morning I got the impression she’s falling out of favour within the party too.

I desperately hope she is finally falling out of favour within the party. Though I reckon the MPs down there have long been disgruntled with her.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If it turns out to be less severe than Delta we should be offering Joburgers discounted holidays in Scotland. In the meantime I don't see the problem with mild precautions in case it isn't, to give more time to adjust the vaccines.

What does this actually mean in concrete terms?