Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

f**k off! they're supposed to recline , I bet you burst baws that end up in your garden ya crabbit auld c**t

Look, I know that you are bound to be a bit grumpy because 10 man Raith horsed you lot out of the cup at the weekend, but that was a bit harsh, was it not? 

That means it's awready been here for some time, should be good thing as the sky hasn't fallen in & a sign to simmer the f**k doon but we all know it won't
Pretty much spot on. Get the feeling this has been doing the rounds for a few weeks. If the symptoms are as mild as being reported then this can only be a good thing

32 minutes ago, Snafu said:

SkyNews saying authorities confirming community transmission in Scotland with some of the six cases having no travel history.

Why is the fact that there is community transmission news?  Of course there will be community transmission of this variant, same as there has been for all other variants.  Once it's in the country it will spread.

Came to the thread to say exactly that. From everything I’ve seen so far, if anything we want this to spread like wildfire through the population and effectively end the pandemic.

It’ll come as no surprise that the South African doctors words have been twisted. All cases presented to her were young males - you wouldn’t generally expect them to become unwell. The sample size is simply too small currently and in her own words ‘two weeks from now maybe we will say something different’.

Of course it’s possible it’s less severe and if it is, it’s great news. But we don’t know that yet - we don’t even know if it’s more contagious. I remember Delta being described as ‘bobbins’ on this thread and it all being a big conspiracy to cancel Christmas. Ended well. Unfortunately on this occasion we actually do, as the handwringers say, just need to ‘wait and see’.

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

It’ll come as no surprise that the South African doctors words have been twisted. All cases presented to her were young males - you wouldn’t generally expect them to become unwell. The sample size is simply too small currently and in her own words ‘two weeks from now maybe we will say something different’.

Of course it’s possible it’s less severe and if it is, it’s great news. But we don’t know that yet - we don’t even know if it’s more contagious. I remember Delta being described as ‘bobbins’ on this thread and it all being a big conspiracy to cancel Christmas. Ended well. Unfortunately on this occasion we actually do, as the handwringers say, just need to ‘wait and see’.

South Africa is a much younger country in general than the UK (average age is 25 there, 40 here I think).  

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Four of these community transmission cases are in Lanarkshire. My house is in Lanarkshire. I’m entering full panic mode at 12 noon. Until then, time for a cuppa. Come noon though, I’m going full Sturgeon… to save Christmas.

It'll be ok. Wth the new variant rife in Lanarkshire, they'll just nuke the place from orbit.  Only way to be sure.

They realise that it won't actually stop the variant but it was probably needing done anyway.

Bit of a pointless update overall.

Classic NS "We'd do this if only we could" schtick which covers their arse if it goes tits up after Rishi almost certainly tells her to bolt.

Nice bit of business uncertainty added to the mix, though, which they will no doubt be thankful for...

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

8 days mandatory quarantine for all arrivals with 2 x pcr tests but only if all 4 nations agree. Hopefully not before Saturday night ffs if at all.

Its ok, Boris will never agree to that or the financial support asked for by Scotland and Wales, so if things go boobies upwards, it'll be the PMs fault. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

8 days mandatory quarantine for all arrivals with 2 x pcr tests but only if all 4 nations agree. Hopefully not before Saturday night ffs if at all.

That would be the third different (and shortest) quarantine period in the last 2 years.

Given the noise they are making about how transmissible it could be you'd be forgiven for thinking they were picking a number of days out their arse that they think people might be ok with rather than basing it on any scientific basis.

Be surprised if the UK Gov decide to go with it anyway so it's a largely moot point.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Has she not been briefed that the variant is already in Scotland? Like, has she had a complete brain fart there? Absurd