Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I would question why when we are now 2 years into a covid pandemic they seem surprised this variant had mutated in the way it has, is it really the case this is so unexpected. I doubt that is the case. Will it happen again id take an uneducated guess that it will at some point. 

do the flu’s mutate in same way every so often, id take another uneducated guess and say they do.

Ive no idea about this latest variant it could be bad it may not, i just wonder how much they are still just reacting to things week to week

neither uk or scottish government fill me with much confidence in how they have dealt with this at times

Edited by BigDoddyKane

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Which begs the question, how do we ever get out of this? The virus is going to continue to mutate until the end of time. Cases are coming down UK wide and we have seen this reaction. The UK now has extremely high levels of immunity in the population, so what is going to be different this time next year or every year after?

we don't get out of it, and nothing changes in the next decade

Well MSM fear mongering certainly worked. My mum previously said she wasnt going to take the booster as she'd had AZ before and this was Pfizer. Today she went and got it "because the new varient!!" , she had no reply when I told her BoJo said in the briefing that it can still be spread/caught by those triple dosed 🙄

5 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

we don't get out of it, and nothing changes in the next decade

It's certainly starting to look that way, and there are a lot of utter weirdos who would be happy with that arrangement it seems.

But what about the decade after, and the one after that? Covid is still going to be here, mutating away.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Well MSM fear mongering certainly worked. My mum previously said she wasnt going to take the booster as she'd had AZ before and this was Pfizer. Today she went and got it "because the new varient!!" , she had no reply when I told her BoJo said in the briefing that it can still be spread/caught by those triple dosed 🙄

"Can", but less likely and probably less severe. The details are important.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's certainly starting to look that way, and there are a lot of utter weirdos who would be happy with that arrangement it seems.

But what about the decade after, and the one after that? Covid is still going to be here, mutating away.

weirdos ? naw, they're just overly cautious, but i'd still rather have them than anti mask fannies.

15 minutes ago, Elixir said:

So are the Aberdeen supporting fruitcakes 🙁

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Pupils and staff at secondary schools in England now strongly advised to wear face coverings in communal areas from Monday. I see also masks are to be back in use in shops and public transport in England from Tuesday due to the new variant.

Also all travelers into the UK to take a PCR test and isolate until negative test. All contacts of new variant cases to isolate even if fully vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-59452502

Worrying situation?? What! the new variant or the measures brought back?

I see Prof Neil Ferguson has resurfaced again, anticipating more cases.

How many deaths this time Neil?

Never mind, Boris will save Christmas again.

This is a hysterical one for me.  To know it’s omicron you have to sequence it.  That takes a certain amount of time before you confirm it then track people to pop them into covid jail.

3 hours ago, Glennie said:

nothing different.

the same doomsday cultists on their 8th booster posting graphs about the new kappa epsilon II 3.211c variant

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

🤦‍♂️

mind before this mass psychosis when "theres somethin goin aroond" was the start and end of it

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

weirdos ? naw, they're just overly cautious, but i'd still rather have them than anti mask fannies.

For fuds like yourself and others, will it therefore be morally reprehensible for the rest of time to not want to wear a bit of cloth on yer gub when going for milk and teabags or a bus to the football?

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

For fuds like yourself and others, will it therefore be morally reprehensible for the rest of time to not want to wear a bit of cloth on yer gub when going for milk and teabags or a bus to the football?

if a wee bit of mandatory cloth on my face is required in Sainsburys for the next 10 years, its a small price to pay to make others feel more at ease, getting on the tits of know it all c***s like you and your girlfriends in this thread, is just the silver lining to that particular cloud.

34 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

if a wee bit of mandatory cloth on my face is required in Sainsburys for the next 10 years, its a small price to pay to make others feel more at ease, getting on the tits of know it all c***s like you and your girlfriends in this thread, is just the silver lining to that particular cloud.

Sociopath confirmed.