Coronavirus (COVID-19)

52 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

She does herself no favours with these sorts of comments. Little is known about this variant at the moment and talking of the "need to go further" and "doing anything to keep the population safe" just sounds ridiculous until all the facts are known. 

Precisely the sort of stuff that has people lashing out and becoming agitated. Hardly a surprise that the expectations of harsher restrictions are always there given the amount of time spent hinting of it. This is aided and abetted by the media, who seem permanently desperate for harsher restrictions.  It's always on their mind. The lines of questions yesterday were as depressing as they were predictable - basically why hasn't the government gone harsher.  

Once again the messaging has been predictable and we're back to the usual hint hint nonsense. It's becoming more than tedious reading that a politician has said x but they are doing this so that the people do y in an effort to prevent them having to do x. It's time their remarks were taken at face value and questioned. 

To have Whitty out yesterday talking about possible immune escape and then Johnson wittering about expanding the booster roll out (who saw that coming!) was genuine head in the hands stuff as well. 

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I honestly thought we'd seen the end of the insufferable headless chickens and the shrieking panic merchants but they seem to have found their purpose again in the last week or so. I swear to god, they are absolutely loving this. This is their "world war 2" moment and they're not keen on letting it pass them by. They are absolutely fucking gagging for Omicron to be a disaster so they can say they told us all so. I see Deepti Gurdasani has already started with that particular tone and she's not alone.

You do begin to wonder at which point things will ever get back to normal.

doomsday cult moonhowlers gagging to turn the world into an open air mental asylum

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Here's the thing. If you want to have a reasonable conversation about things, you need to do a bit less talking and a bit more listening to what others are saying to you.

It's crystal clear you're not bothering to listen to what I have to say, let alone actually engage in any thought.

For that reason, I'll wish you well and leave you to it.

Here's the thing, I think you are a dangerous charlatan and the next time you want to have a reasonable conversation about things, don't tell easily disprovable lies and don't place your dogshit opinions in a magic tower above those of others.

I don't wish you well and I'll happily continue to go in two footed every time you spin some nonsense for attention and internet points as I believe what you are doing and the way you go about it has the potential to do harm.

I hope that's crystal clear and will engage whatever you have by way of a conscience in thought and with any luck, silent refection. 

Here's the thing, I think you are a dangerous charlatan and the next time you want to have a reasonable conversation about things, don't tell easily disprovable lies and don't place your dogshit opinions in a magic tower above those of others.
I don't wish you well and I'll happily continue to go in two footed every time you spin some nonsense for attention and internet points as I believe what you are doing and the way you go about it has the potential to do harm.
I hope that's crystal clear and will engage whatever you have by way of a conscience in thought and with any luck, silent refection. 
f**k me [emoji1787]

12 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

What an utter lunatic you are.

1 hour ago, GTee said:

Sweeper for first case of Omicron? in Scotland. Wednesday morning - Edinburgh. Anyway, hopefully it doesn't come to much and blows over without a fuss. 🤞

I reckon it’ll be somewhere like Fort William or Isle of Skye for maximum shit the bed “the health service can’t handle it in these rural areas” effect.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

A staggering lack of self-awareness on show.

I've not reared my head on this thread for months because frankly, I've had more important things going on in my life and covid and the associated restrictions and wailings sort of melded into background noise but it's no surprise to see you are still one of the most ill-informed folk on the entire thread and continue to post with a level of self-confidence and certainty that is bordering on parody.

A staggering lack of self-awareness on show.
I've not reared my head on this thread for months because frankly, I've had more important things going on in my life and covid and the associated restrictions and wailings sort of melded into background noise but it's no surprise to see you are still one of the most ill-informed folk on the entire thread and continue to post with a level of self-confidence and certainty that is bordering on parody.
Iv no doubt hel be calling someone a moonhowler on here shortly aswell, just to ram home the self awareness thing.....

48 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

image.png.dcd7d74195435ef04c49a80fce9647da.png

Which begs the question, how do we ever get out of this? The virus is going to continue to mutate until the end of time. Cases are coming down UK wide and we have seen this reaction. The UK now has extremely high levels of immunity in the population, so what is going to be different this time next year or every year after?

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Don’t you dare even think about putting any restrictions back in place. 

Maybe 'caring' Nicola wants to keep more Africans out? Does she only pretend to care about the folk coming here in dinghies because she suspects there's political capital to be made from that as well?

17 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Which begs the question, how do we ever get out of this? The virus is going to continue to mutate until the end of time. Cases are coming down UK wide and we have seen this reaction. The UK now has extremely high levels of immunity in the population, so what is going to be different this time next year or every year after?

nothing different.

the same doomsday cultists on their 8th booster posting graphs about the new kappa epsilon II 3.211c variant

Edited by Glennie

Detailed explainer on variants. Not sure how anyone could honestly promise what's next and when it will all be over until we at least know more about this latest version of the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/health/coronavirus-variant-tracker.html

Edited by welshbairn

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Detailed explainer on variants. Not sure how anyone could honestly promise what's next and when it will all be over until we at least know more about this latest version of the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/health/coronavirus-variant-tracker.html

What about the variant that will replace Omicron - and the one after that?

Influenza (remember that?) changes over time - sometimes so much we get pandemic influenza rather than seasonal influenza, as seen in the late '50s, '60s, and indeed 2009, though the latter was fortunately not severe.

Never have we acted and responded in this way, so again, when will 'this time' suitably be the last time?