Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Surprised Bozo the Clown is indulging in a few bits of pointless theatre to appease the psychos. Tbh though, I was fearful it would be far worse.

With any luck things will calm in the coming weeks.

Just now, Elixir said:

Surprised Bozo the Clown is indulging in a few bits of pointless theatre to appease the psychos. Tbh though, I was fearful it would be far worse.

Wonder if the SG will announce more rules and restrictions since Boris has done it. 

Just now, pub car king said:

Restrictions aren't going to fly again. People have got their lives back to normal. I'd expect a high level of refusal around masks and isolating. 

They were saying that when the Wuhan lockdown was happening - 'the British wouldnt stand for that!'. I am ready to be surprised but as long as folk can pay their bills and put food on the table (probably through a reinstatement of the furlough) then I can't see too many more people not adhering.

Restrictions aren't going to fly again. People have got their lives back to normal. I'd expect a high level of refusal around masks and isolating. 

They’ll do well enough to get the majority of folk wearing masks, be some laugh the minute they suggest closures or a limit of household contacts etc.

They were saying that when the Wuhan lockdown was happening - 'the British wouldnt stand for that!'. I am ready to be surprised but as long as folk can pay their bills and put food on the table (probably through a reinstatement of the furlough) then I can't see too many more people not adhering.
I'm in Spain have been for 2 weeks now. It's exemplary observed here by all including thousands of English. If it's compulsory the huge majority will comply.

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Wonder if the SG will announce more rules and restrictions since Boris has done it. 

They can't do shit without furlough and would have to embarrass themselves after rowing back two weeks in a row. If the vaccines are somewhat less effective then it makes passports even more nonsensical anyway.

Edit: cases and hospital data is all going the right way here as well.

Edited by Elixir

16 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Can I ask what sort of highly transimissable virus would have you keeking your breeks?

21 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What is the point in making people take PCR tests for a variant that is already in the country? It's here - that's it. 

No evidence it evades the vaccine, no evidence it causes increased rates of serious illness. 

I feel sorry for the travel industry tbh. How can they (or anyone) book or plan anything if, at the drop of a hat, countries can just be added to a list that didn't exist anymore?

Confidence will again be dented in the entire industry, only this time there will be no government support to support them.

I'm fairly certain that it will revert back to normal again fairly quickly (and by that I mean the LFT flavour), but the damage will already have been done.

Is how it should be but in reality a large proportion of the country will bow down to anything the government says, especially when it comes to the Scottish government.