Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Today's figures below.
Hospital numbers down by around 200 in the last month. ICU figures relatively unchanged over the same period.
2,287 new cases of COVID-19 reported
29,800 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
8.2% of these were positive
17 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
53 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (57 one month ago)
727 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (was 925 one month ago)
4,344,043 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,945,451 have received their second dose, and 1,598,749 have received a third dose or booster

Anyone know where devi is? I can’t see her through all this fuckin cigar smoke!

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Had somewhat hoped these Boris bluster briefs were a thing of the past. 

Blah blah blah, do x,y and z to save Christmas. Blah blah blah. World beating test and trace. 

Can’t wait to hear him praise peppa pig again. 

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Hospitals? Care Homes? Scotland fans in the fountains at Trafalgar Square? Nike Conferences? The Tory benches at Westminster? Sevco fans in George Square? Nick Hancock’s boudoir?

Has to be more. 

I've not been on this thread for a while. Nick Hancock's a blast from the past. What's he been up to? 

15 hours ago, GTee said:

I think we're well past the stage of restrictions we had this time last year ever being imposed/adhered to again. Thankfully. I also think (my experience anyway) that in my local area, probably more have had Covid than not. It isn't 'scary' anymore. Most are not hiding from it now. I'll probably catch it over the weekend and be really ill 🤦 Wish it would go away. I also know a few who have died including a family member.

Got Covid at the start of the month - looked at the cases by neighbourhood and my town had a 7 day case rate of about 40 / 600 per 100k, and it seems to have been running that way all month so probably everyone is going to get it at some point.

Fortunately it was not serious - if this was two years ago I'd have just said it was a cold/flu!

Edited by Ginaro

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Today's figures below.

Hospital numbers down by around 200 in the last month. ICU figures relatively unchanged over the same period.

2,287 new cases of COVID-19 reported

29,800 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

8.2% of these were positive

17 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive

53 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (57 one month ago)

727 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (was 925 one month ago)

4,344,043 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,945,451 have received their second dose, and 1,598,749 have received a third dose or booster

Get the cigars out.

2 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

2 UK cases confirmed of the new variant

Border restrictions working wonderfully again!

What is the point in making people take PCR tests for a variant that is already in the country? It's here - that's it. 

No evidence it evades the vaccine, no evidence it causes increased rates of serious illness. 

Edited by Michael W

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Review again in 3 weeks (18th December) exactly a week before Christmas. Cancellation incoming!

I think we are going to start hearing Tory MPs wondering loudly in public if we should bring back restrictions before 18 December.