Coronavirus (COVID-19)

33 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

It's amazing how people can't comprehend that just because the virus will continually mutate in order to reinfect us over time, that doesn't mean our immune response won't retain memory which makes these subsequent infections far milder.

It's the reason why humanity doesn't live in a permanent state of devastating respiratory epidemics...

14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Cue everyone buying Moderna shares and placing advance orders.

Pfizer execs raging they didn’t get their press release out first.

This is when they start raking it in, f**k selling them at cost, highest bidder and queue jumper's paradise in the private sector, the 3rd World can forget about it. Pfizer said 100 days for theirs to roll out of production, 6 weeks for development.

Moderna are confident they’ll have a modified vaccine for this variant in 30 - 60 days.
I've just had their juice for my booster. Days of pain in the arm, no sleep on the night following, and a fever the next night. Honestly felt worse than I did when I had the virus. Arm still sore - jag was on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59434196

Chris Witty worried that people won't follow any further restrictions.

Yes Chris. That's what happens when people sit and watch 18 months of knicker wetting restrictions achieve the square root of f**k all.

They may not be scientifically educated but they can spot that almost none of you seem to have the faintest idea what you are doing either. All of you have combined to destroy the credibility of science amongst the general population.

Only vaccines matter. Nothing else has made any discernible difference. And people are simply not going to be persuaded otherwise now.

So STFU about further restrictions, ditch your shite modelling software and your shite modellers and for all that is holy, please please PLEASE STFU about variants "potentially" evading vaccines and give us a shout if and when it actually happens.

I hope there is widespread riots and toppling of governments if they even think of dragging this shit on past the winter, tbh.

Telegraph saying they don’t think it’s as bad as delta, express reporting it could cancel Christmas.

Everyone else just wanting them to shut the f**k up about it all til they have any facts. Vaccine efficacy for symptomatic infection is still going to be about 50% and will still be at least 90% for hospitalisations and deaths am sure. Simmer the f**k down.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Moderna are confident they’ll have a modified vaccine for this variant in 30 - 60 days.

One thing we were told with the mRNA vaccines was that they could he tweaked pretty easily, just like Moderna is planning. Given they were all based on the original virus, I've always wondered why they haven't done so to date. They still work, of course, just a bit surprised they didn't modify them given how easily it now spreads. 

Remains to be seen whether a tweak to the vaccine is necessary as well, albeit good to know we can run with it if required. 

Telegraph saying they don’t think it’s as bad as delta, express reporting it could cancel Christmas.

Everyone else just wanting them to shut the f**k up about it all til they have any facts. Vaccine efficacy for symptomatic infection is still going to be about 50% and will still be at least 90% for hospitalisations and deaths am sure. Simmer the f**k down.

Newspapers desperately seeking click bait remains a huge issue here. It’s almost as if their profitability is more important than even vaguely balanced reporting.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Both governments may have thought they were very clever lying to the public about how long things would last but IMO it's a clear case of them winning the battle and losing the war.

You seem to have the misperception that anyone has known just what the hell is going on. 

I choose to be optimistic and if Omicron is the new master it will multiply with ease, squeezing out Delta and be less harmful than the common cold, living with us in perpetuity in symbiotic harmony.

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

As usual Welshy, I have no idea what you are banging on about.

You claimed the Governments have being lying about how long things would last but I don't think they or anyone had a clue.