Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Saffers say that it behaves similar to Alpha strain, has mutations similar to Beta and Gamma variants and has characteristics similar to Delta that make it more transmissible.
Can someone get the bingo card ready for the rhetoric we're likely to hear over the next couple of weeks...
200.gif
So basically all variants which are already dealt with by the vaccines?

NEXT!

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why is medicating children against something they need no protection against, whixh shows no evidence of its stated aims, under pain of exclusion from normality a problem?

Take some time mate. Il wait. 

It’s not medication though is it? It’s prevention. And the reason? To try to maintain public health. 

honestly don’t see the big deal, but I think COVID has become some kind of hobby for a lot of people and we have a whole new generation of armchair epidemiologists making a big drama about everything.

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

It’s not medication though is it? It’s prevention. And the reason? To try to maintain public health. 

honestly don’t see the big deal, but I think COVID has become some kind of hobby for a lot of people and we have a whole new generation of armchair epidemiologists making a big drama about everything.

Evidence for reduction of spread, and a JCVI recommendation to do it should be incoming then aye?

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've had 3 LFTs and 1 PCR this week, all negative, but my head feels like its going to explode since Wednesday (my actual head not my penis.)

I’ve got a horrendous cold this week, which is definitely not covid.

I expect I’ll get a couple more colds till about mid February. That’s just winter.

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's bad enough that we're trying to coerce adults into taking vaccines.

But to suggest that we should do that to children as well when there's no clear benefit to them taking that vaccine (according to the JCVI) is beyond the pale.

Well no, we 'coerce' children into taking vaccinations all the time. It is the choice of the parent whether they should get any other vaccine and that choice should be maintained for Covid as well. 

But as Covid vaccination is offered to 12-16 year olds and then subsequently extended down the age brackets, then each group in turn should also be factored into any existing restrictions on the unvaccinated.  That's the perfectly logical response. 

You either support these passports or you don't. The half-way house you are suggesting makes no sense.

It's the current system that is a nonsensical halfway house - restricting adults by vaccination, while giving a magical exemption to unvaccinated teenagers 'cos thur weans'. 

Vaccine passports should go but while they are kept in place the nonsensical loophole should also go. If that focuses more minds on the inconvenience of the scheme then all the better. 

everybody sit doon

We shouldn't despair, vaccines will be effective, so if you haven't had your vaccine go and get it, be that the booster, the first dose, the second dose.

"Secondly there are new medicines coming along... these will not be affected almost certainly by this mutation.

"We have got much better at controlling the disease in other ways in hospital so it is bad news but it is not doomsday.

1 hour ago, Tynie Wickfield said:

The Saffers say that it behaves similar to Alpha strain, has mutations similar to Beta and Gamma variants and has characteristics similar to Delta that make it more transmissible.

Can someone get the bingo card ready for the rhetoric we're likely to hear over the next couple of weeks...

Quarantine Hello GIF by Morphin

Nicola has her early Christmas present.