Coronavirus (COVID-19)

38 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It shouldn't be a fucking badge of honour. I've been vaccinated twice and I take a test every single time before I go to visit my ageing parents.

Not because I want to, but because I at the very least have the opportunity to (hopefully) eliminate risk before I visit. The test is there, it takes minutes to do...why not do it ? 

Anyone who thinks they're clever by refusing to take one in similar situations is just an ignorant dick to be honest. 

Aren’t you a hero.  Clap for you on Thursday.

Myself and Mrs B are double jagged.  In the next couple of weeks she’ll get her booster.  My FIL (elderly relative) who we visit every few weeks is already boostered.  

Like you we’ve all followed the  government recommendations to get the best protection we all can via vaccination.

We’ve decided between us the rest of the theatre is horseshit and we won’t be doing it.  My FIL doesn’t check if everyone in the supermarket is tested before he goes in for his messages or when he meets his mates in the pub.  He’s too busy getting on with his life to worry about it.

No ignorance.  An informed decision. 

If you want to treat yourself as a lethal weapon you go wild mate.  I’ll get on with a normal life and laugh at you.

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It shouldn't be a fucking badge of honour. I've been vaccinated twice and I take a test every single time before I go to visit my ageing parents.

Not because I want to, but because I at the very least have the opportunity to (hopefully) eliminate risk before I visit. The test is there, it takes minutes to do...why not do it ? 

Anyone who thinks they're clever by refusing to take one in similar situations is just an ignorant dick to be honest. 

Are those the ones that even the CDC state 'belong in the trash'? Shame they'll be giving you a false sense of security.

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

He must also be devastated to know that in real life, most people don't think like him. Nae luck.

Sturgeon and the Scottish Government shat it two Tuesdays in a row because of the real-life backlash, you massive dosser.

There are some people, myself included, who have been generally supportive of the SNP before this and who have lost a bit of faith in them over the last year or so. However there are definitely posters on here who are trying to pretend they're in that boat when in reality they have been anti-SNP the whole time.

13 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Jeeso......unbelieveable that the usual suppects would red dot you for this. 

13 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You'd be better off telling them to get the vaccine.

Have to admit that the reaction on here to the SG not making the changes they were expected to make (changes which were being heavily criticised in the lead up) has been bizarre and shows that there are now some who are so anti-SG that they can’t be objective about anything they do.
I’ve been a fairly strong critic of the SG throughout, but yesterday they, incredibly surprisingly, didn’t double down on the wrong path, yet the same people who were criticising them for what they thought they would introduce are now criticising them for not introducing them. Ludicrous stuff tbh.
Agreed the steps the SG took not doing what looked inevitable was great, the introduction of LFT tests to get into a venue is also a step in the right direction but they certainly should not be applauded whilst still implementing the use of vaccine passports especially considering there is absolutely no data justifying their use.

19 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Similar to the right wing campaign to vilify GPs it is remarkable that giving a f**k or "caring" is now being portrayed as a negative trait in a national leader. 

18 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Thing is I don't believe the Scottish Government are that cynical and while i agree with some of the concerns over vaccine passports i think they are slight compared to the harm caused by the unvaccinated getting infected, hospitalised and placing a burden on services. 

Not everyone is at it. Some people, like me for example, genuinely believe that things like masks are supported by decades of infection control research and clinical best practice. Because they are. 

Passports are more tricky and I accept quite a lot of the concerns about civil liberties but, in the round I'd rather the unvaccinated were strongly encouraged to get the jag and if it has to be that way, prevented from attending some high risk venues and events. In the same way we don't let folk drive without a seatbelt or ride a motorbike without a helmet. 

I'll get pelters for the seatbelt comparison but I'd just like to make it clear to the "main players" 🤭 on here who will lose their minds at that comparison that they can suck my balls. 

15 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Can't believe you'd post this. What are you trying to achieve??????? Blah d-di di blah blah fucking blah.

14 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Well as a mere muggle and not a professor of the dark arts like you I'll just have to take your word for it. Or listen to folk who are qualified in a relevant field instead, who know how to spell parroting.

14 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It would have been nice of her but the idea Nicola phoned me up to offer advice on infection control is pretty wild, when I have been living with two doctors, one of whom was undergoing chemotherapy at the height of this shambles. Perhaps I should have listened to that guy who runs a pub in Essex, or asked a lollipop lady or read the back of a packet of fucking frosties to form my unthinking opinions on the subject.

Also, Ice cream vans in Greenock must be very different to the eens we have in the East. Someone should tell the local public/environmental health team about that. 

You ARE John Swinney and I claim my £5!!

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Not baldy but definitely specky. 1/2

Only reason I’m here this week is cos I’m stuck in the house down with Covid, crabbit and bored out my tits. I could have doubled down and called you a tedious c**t to make the score 2/3 but that is below my usual standards. So I won’t. But please understand the place from where any further cheap digs or lame interventions are coming from until after the weekend. 

Oh, and BTW, how there can be guys on here with 20/30k post counts?. Wow. 

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Only reason I’m here this week is cos I’m stuck in the house down with Covid, crabbit and bored out my tits. I could have doubled down and called you a tedious c**t to make the score 2/3 but that is below my usual standards. So I won’t. But please understand the place from where any further cheap digs or lame interventions are coming from until after the weekend. 

Oh, and BTW, how there can be guys on here with 20/30k post counts?. Wow. 

Hope you and your posting gets better soon 😜

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

They really want as little natural immunity as possible. 

lol wut

Being exposed to the virus post-vaccination will simply top up your overall immune response.