Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You've blinkered yourself to thinking about everything through the prism of covid. trying to reduce the number of NHS facilities and staff dealing with covid which/who therefore can't deal properly with other conditions.

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What you are engaging in here is called justification. trying to reduce the strain on the NHS by expecting folk to do what they can to help. 

Corrected your misunderstandings for you.

The way some folk around this forum respond to masks, vaccine passports etc you'd think they were being asked to donate a kidney or go fight in the trenches. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

19 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Corrected your misunderstandings for you.

The way some folk around this forum respond to masks, vaccine passports etc you'd think they were being asked to donate a kidney or go fight in the trenches. 

Of course you’re entitled to view these restrictions as you choose, but others feel that unscientific policies which are designed to segregate and divide are worth questioning.

The other point of course is that vaccine passports would’ve had a catastrophic impact on pubs and other venues, and impacted an untold amount of jobs as a direct result, for very little gain.

Again, that might not be on your list of priorities but scoffing at others for challenging such nonsense isn’t the best look.

1 hour ago, AlbionSaint said:

His eyes betray the fact he's totally unhinged and should be nowhere near the levers of power. He's literally attempting to redefine the term 'anti-vax' to include people who have voluntarily gone to a clinic, rolled up their sleeve and taken the vaccine. 

Worryingly for Antipodeans, there seems to be a number of these types in office down there.

Just had a quick look at the BBC Scotland news webpage. You’ve got things like ‘This Christmas, will visitors be able to stay with me?’, ‘Will schools be able to have nativity plays this Christmas.’. I half expected the next bullet point to be ‘Will St Mirren ever finish top 6?’, ‘Ever visited a Turkish men’s sauna?’, ‘Ever seen a grown man naked?’.

I don’t think I’ve ever lived through another 18 month period in my life where my attitude to the news changed so dramatically from ‘This is serious, I need to absorb what they’re saying here’, to ‘Get yourself to fcuk, just fcuk off’.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Just had a quick look at the BBC Scotland news webpage. You’ve got things like ‘This Christmas, will visitors be able to stay with me?’, ‘Will schools be able to have nativity plays this Christmas.’. I half expected the next bullet point to be ‘Will St Mirren ever finish top 6?’, ‘Ever visited a Turkish men’s sauna?’, ‘Ever seen a grown man naked?’.

I don’t think I’ve ever lived through another 18 month period in my life where my attitude to the news changed so dramatically from ‘This is serious, I need to absorb what they’re saying here’, to ‘Get yourself to fcuk, just fcuk off’.

I suspect a number of people have been scrutinising media outputs during the last 18 months or so more than they ever did before.  This will have led some people to the conclusion that a lot of the output is in realty a lot of inaccurate pish when you do some digging.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

I suspect a number of people have been scrutinising media outputs during the last 18 months or so more than they ever did before.  This will have led some people to the conclusion that a lot of the output is in realty a lot of inaccurate pish when you do some digging.

You don’t need to dig too deeply. 😏

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Good news, instead of using someone else's vaccine passport you can just pretend to do a LFT now.

Indeed. The law abiding Mrs Poz just said the exact same thing to me a moment ago. You do have to wonder, do the Scottish Government think to themselves, even for just a moment, ‘we’re just making this shit up on the back of a Woodbine packet now’.

5 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Good news, instead of using someone else's vaccine passport you can just pretend to do a LFT now.

The SG must know this. If they weren't desperate to save face they'd bin the whole charade.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Indeed. The law abiding Mrs Poz just said the exact same thing to me a moment ago. You do have to wonder, do the Scottish Government think to themselves, even for just a moment, ‘we’re just making this shit up on the back of a Woodbine packet now’.

I would imagine that it would be a lot less hassle to either download the vaccine passport or do an LFT. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

You seem to ignore this every single time I post it, but there is absolutely no legal requirement for universities to require social distancing in classrooms. Any such rules are being implemented by the individual universities themselves, usually in consultation with the unions.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-universities-colleges-and-community-learning-and-development-providers/pages/overview/

I get what you are saying, but the unis take the lead from the government. Some unis had an even stricter maximum than the 50. The guidance published states the below, but away from what is on the web there have been discussions with university management and government about this. Any wonder no uni has broken out and said "we refuse to follow this guidance and will pack 'em high".

This could include, for example:

• limiting student numbers in lectures
  • keeping class lists for test and protect purposes
  • hand-sanitisation stations; one-way systems
  • voluntary physical distancing and / or provision of materials to clean surfaces

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I get what you are saying, but the unis take the lead from the government. Some unis had an even stricter maximum than the 50. The guidance published states the below, but away from what is on the web there have been discussions with university management and government about this. Any wonder no uni has broken out and said "we refuse to follow this guidance and will pack 'em high".

This could include, for example:

• limiting student numbers in lectures
  • keeping class lists for test and protect purposes
  • hand-sanitisation stations; one-way systems
  • voluntary physical distancing and / or provision of materials to clean surfaces

Not a uni but, judging by the picture in question, City of Glasgow College appear to have done exactly that!

12 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Suggestions this afternoon that it may have to be a paid for approved test, rather than a free NHS effort so they can’t be easily faked.

“LFTs will be allowed so as not to exclude the unvaccinated from society”…

Oh, btw you actually have to pay £20 to enter the pub.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Surely no government is stupid enough to make people pay for tests to get into places. You'd be as well shutting everything again.

You forgetting that you had to pay the extortionate price of the "official" SG test to get into Scotland.  Making people pay for an LFT would not even rank amongst the top 20 stupid decisions that have been taken in Scotland around Covid