Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just came through security in Rome. No checks of the negative lateral flow that was supposedly required, £40 well spent.

They did check the vaccination record, but the Scottish app doesn’t scan in Italy. Luckily I’d got the paper copies as I was sure the app being useless would be the case. 

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Just came through security in Rome. No checks of the negative lateral flow that was supposedly required, £40 well spent.

They did check the vaccination record, but the Scottish app doesn’t scan in Italy. Luckily I’d got the paper copies as I was sure the app being useless would be the case. 

Even the "International Travel" bit?

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Even the "International Travel" bit?

Yes, although the person checking was quick to just point at my paper copy instead and had a brief look. Then just did the same for my partner rather than trying to scan her app, so might just be an issue with my app specifically.

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yes, although the person checking was quick to just point at my paper copy instead and had a brief look. Then just did the same for my partner rather than trying to scan her app, so might just be an issue with my app specifically.

A lot of border officials prefer paper copies to peering at phones.

Worth remembering that this Winter exit wave that parts of Europe are losing their bottle over is exactly what those weirdos on iSAGE wanted for us, all to keep us safe and avoid an unethical public health experiment...

image.png.0f4a59cb5df6eaddb17023352f1929ab.png

Edited by Todd_is_God

44 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

I have visions of people being pinned to the ground and forcibly injected, while their neighbours stand on their doorsteps clapping.

We need a few celebrities involved so I can send this to Jim'll Paint it and get it on a t-shirt.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This is from the US and isn't directly applicable to the UK but was interesting anyway

https://intellectualinting.substack.com/p/among-the-unvaccinated

I would say this is the proverbial canary in a coalmine of far deeper problems. But we have had so many canary in the coalmine moments, from the opioid epidemic, to the election of Trump, and yet we keep on marching along, sending more and more miners down into the shaft, like nothing is fundamentally broken.

That is sad and depressing. Very very sad and depressing.

The conclusion is spot on.

It's not even a real lockdown in Austria, as they have laughably decided to keep schools open to pump out infections into the community indefinitely, thereby retaining the 'need' for an indefinite lockdown on perfectly healthy and vaccinated adults. 

An absolute clowncar state of affairs all round, but the snippy parent brigade of Linz will be happy. 

https://covid19-dashboard.ages.at/

Lo and behold, 5-14 age group miles ahead of any other age group in terms of infection in Austria. 

I suppose acknowledging this would have prevented the Chancellor from being able to play divide and rule by punishing the entire population. A step up from the already punitive punishing of the unvaccinated. 

Edited by Michael W

43 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's not even a real lockdown in Austria, as they have laughably decided to keep schools open to pump out infections into the community indefinitely, thereby retaining the 'need' for an indefinite lockdown on perfectly healthy and vaccinated adults. 

An absolute clowncar state of affairs all round, but the snippy parent brigade of Linz will be happy. 

"Meine beiden kinder hatten es nicht!"