Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not really. Once they level off the next move is down. That's not spin.

We should not accept any measures introduced to bring cases down when they are about to do so anyway.

The fact that large sections of the public would wave them through, almost with glee because, unlike Boris NS is doing something, is absolutely bizarre to me.

It's got hee-haw to do with England.

In the graph you posted, on 3 previous occasions, the dotted line leveled off and then started going down, only for it to start going up again within a few days in every case.  So the current leveling off in the last few days doesn't at all mean that the next medium term trend will be downwards. 

Maybe that will happen.  Maybe the line will briefly go down before going back up again after a few days like on the other occasions.  Maybe it won't even start going down before resuming the upward trend.  I don't know, neither do you.

None of this says that an extension of vaccine passports is the right thing to do, but you can't possibly know at this point that cases are about to start coming down in any meaningful trend.

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Update expected tomorrow from Sturgeon regarding the possible extension of the vaccine passport laws to cover other indoor areas such as pubs, cafes and cinemas.

Professor Linda Bauld also suggesting that there may be tougher advice to work from home or alternatively to wear a mask all day at work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59288384

Bauld and Devi trying to stay relevant, :lol: 

If not today then it can't be too far away. Stv news and the like been teeing it up nicely for the last few days 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not really. Once they level off the next move is down. That's not spin.

We should not accept any measures introduced to bring cases down when they are about to do so anyway now an irrelevant way of looking at the impact of this virus.

FTFY.

Edited by The Master

Not sure if this is relevant or even interesting 😀. Just noticed it somewhere else.

If it happens, I suppose restaurants etc which are busy regardless, will maybe check vaccine status when making a booking. Local pubs, which are struggling as it is. Just can't see it.  Not sure about gyms, cinemas, bowling alleys? etc. Just doesn't feel right. When would it be lifted? When does your double vaccination status lapse? - Won't be in place a single day longer than is needed, but with nothing to to say what needs to be met for this.

image.png.e5943ebc40c9143866d0923fef325c82.png

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Its not hard to see where this is going. 

I've been saying all year that Vaccine Passports and mandates are not about public health. I'm glad other people are starting to realise it.

Surprisingly, in complete agreement with you here.

As for that tweet, I think it is awful that parliamentarians are banned from voting based on vaccine status. It is the absolute worst thing I have seen yet. What next? Membership of a particular party needed to vote? The right religion? And here comes Eric with a hashtag like that - what a walloper. 

Just got my letter about my flu vaccine and it said that if I'm eligible I will get the covid booster at the same time.

I thought they were not giving them both at the same time because it led to worse side effects???

Nope that’s not the case. All the recommendations I’ve seen suggest it’s safe to have both together.

Looking for a specific bit of vaccine advice. Family friend who is due Covid booster and flu jab but tested positive for Covid at the weekend. Covid booster will thus be delayed by 4 weeks but they are wondering if they can still get flu jab without delaying that too (obviously would wait until self isolation period complete).

I got my booster and flu jab together and they asked me if I'd tested positive in the previous four weeks.  
Might be worth delaying the flu jab or at least asking for advice from pharmacy etc.

He should definitely delay the Covid booster jab given he tested positive for Covid but not sure if it means there is a specific reason not to have flu jab. He’s seeking advice but I wondered if anyone on here might have already asked that specific question and thus have some info.
Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Just got my letter about my flu vaccine and it said that if I'm eligible I will get the covid booster at the same time.

I thought they were not giving them both at the same time because it led to worse side effects???

I got mine together and, aside from a tender arm for a few days, had no side effects whatsoever.

BBC news there seeming to suggest no extension to vaccine passports incoming but a, sigh, routemap of what will trigger any changes in future.

Belief is that businesses are dead set against any extension of the programme and the belief that cases are high but not about to massively increase and no sign of any post cop problems either.

We shall see soon I guess.