Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Are the Scottish/UK Governments still trying to offload those shanners the CDC stated 'belong in the trash'?

I was at an event last week and noticed that the box for the LFT they had sitting for people who wanted to take them looked different. No idea what was inside it but it wasn’t the usual blue nhs branded boxes they were sending out and giving away during the euros.

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

You did it yourself with your link, you just didn’t understand what the tests were. Prior to June 2020 you only got tested if you were in hospital or referred to one of their dedicated centres and the tests were done and recorded via an nhs lab. The lighthouse labs came online from that point allowing them to mail tests out to people, have mobile centres etc and to allow them to carry out the mass pcr testing - remember the whole 100k a day promise from Hancock- without draining nhs resources.

Thanks. Does anyone record the LFT results? The numbers must be huge compared to pcrs.

Thanks. Does anyone record the LFT results? The numbers must be huge compared to pcrs.

I seem to remember the nhs England website used to record them - fairly sure a screenshot of the numbers were posted months back but no idea if that still happens. Considering that every pupil is meant to test twice a week and upload the results, LFT tests taken daily must be in the hundreds of thousands even if only a % are doing it.

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

I seem to remember the nhs England website used to record them - fairly sure a screenshot of the numbers were posted months back but no idea if that still happens. Considering that every pupil is meant to test twice a week and upload the results, LFT tests taken daily must be in the hundreds of thousands even if only a % are doing it.

NHS England do record them.

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a bit surprising that positivity is only 8-11 %

It's not really. From day dot we have had complete morons (including those with no symptoms at all) choking to get tested for whatever reason.

Add in that you need a negative PCR to be allowed out if you are a close contact then it's not surprising that we continue to chuck money down the drain daily to reassure people who aren't ill that they are, in fact, not ill.

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's not really. From day dot we have had complete morons (including those with no symptoms at all) choking to get tested for whatever reason.

Add in that you need a negative PCR to be allowed out if you are a close contact then it's not surprising that we continue to chuck money down the drain daily to reassure people who aren't ill that they are, in fact, not ill.

I wonder if @Gaz and @Rugster have changed their opinion

On 04/09/2020 at 16:03, Gaz said:

People getting tested for the fun of it :lol:

On 04/09/2020 at 16:00, Rugster said:

Aye, people are getting tested for the fun of it, for sure. 

Quick question guys,

Does anyone know if it matters or not whether you actually take or record the LFT for day 2 on return from abroad ?

The reason I ask, is that I have purchased the kits and received the codes for the UK PLF, however a couple of the kits are missing and despite chasing the company they haven't responded.

So, as long as I have the codes to make it back home, does it actually matter if we take the tests or not ???

Something that may be causing test numbers to be jumping up is repeat tests. Two mates of mine, unconnected have both had to take tests administered at test sites in the last 48 hours and the results of 4 tests have came back as inconclusive.

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Quick question guys,

Does anyone know if it matters or not whether you actually take or record the LFT for day 2 on return from abroad ?

The reason I ask, is that I have purchased the kits and received the codes for the UK PLF, however a couple of the kits are missing and despite chasing the company they haven't responded.

So, as long as I have the codes to make it back home, does it actually matter if we take the tests or not ???

That is the perfect scenario as you can push the company for a refund.

If you were taking it seriously you then inform the NHS your tests never turned up and they send you a couple.

It certainly backs up your ability to get a refund.

A very sad interview.
I've also read this morning that 10% of NHS beds in England are people who are fit to be discharged but can't get care packages. So the government is effectively causing an NHS crisis by gutting residential care homes and domestic care workers.
This is nothing new. My dad died 3 years ago nearly now. He was in hospital waiting weeks on discharge to a care package. It's been that way long before Civid although no doubt it's worse now.

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Quick question guys,

Grant Shapps said there were no checks to see if people had taken their day 2 tests when it was PCR, so I doubt that's changed. To cover yourself you could always take a free NHS LFT and photograph the result next to your passport just in case you're asked, but you probably needn't bother. What firm did you use by the way? I got ripped off by Chronomics for a pre flight test, nothing arrived before I left, and it still hasn't. I'm pursuing it but it was only £20, and it turned out I didn't need it. 

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Grant Shapps said there were no checks to see if people had taken their day 2 tests when it was PCR, so I doubt that's changed. To cover yourself you could always take a free NHS LFT and photograph the result next to your passport just in case you're asked, but you probably needn't bother. What firm did you use by the way? I got ripped off by Chronomics for a pre flight test, nothing arrived before I left, and it still hasn't. I'm pursuing it but it was only £20, and it turned out I didn't need it. 

Aeromedical consulting. 

The tests were only £15 each but there's obviously been a reason for that !!!

I've got my flu vaccine tomorrow - they say on the letter they will offer me the Covid booster if it's more than six months since i got my second dose.  I checked on the app today and it's five months and 26 days.  Do you think they'll give me it anyway?  Would save me a trip to Ingilston I guess.