Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Tbh they can f**k right off with the increased home working nonsense as well.

I have absolutely zero desire to go back to spending 5 days a week in my bedroom all day and I know the majority of my colleagues are similar.

I can’t understand why the SG continue to persist with this idea that restrictions are still the way to ‘keep people safe’ as they like to put it rather than highly effective vaccines.

Particularly when there’s absolutely no evidence that vaccines passports are effective as it is.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-died-blood-clot-linked-22115555

The family of a lawyer who died after a reaction to a coronavirus vaccine have been praised by a coroner for continuing to emphasise the importance of having the jab.

It's only ever affluent families who seem to get quoted in the press after their relatives die from the vaccine. 

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

Nightlife economy already desperately screwed up and they want to introduce this final nail in the coffin for no justifiable reason? I couldn't find a bar open in central Glasgow past 11pm on a Thursday night a few weeks ago ffs.

They surely must realise this handicaps business intake and therefore damages the economy - and that they need to win the economic argument if they hope to win a future referendum, right? Right? The Simps supporting this really don't realise the hidden collateral damage it will do to their cause. Hilarious.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

They surely must realise this handicaps business intake and therefore damages the economy - and that they need to win the economic argument if they hope to win a future referendum, right? Right? The Simps supporting this really don't realise the hidden collateral damage it will do to their cause. Hilarious.

The problem is a sizable proportion of both the English and Scottish public actually want more restrictions. Either because they don't think it will effect them negatively or because of ideological reasons.

For me I think too many people are underestimating how hard this economic recovery will be.

The entire purpose of vaccine passports should be to improve uptake. But uptake is strong anyway so it's completely unnecessary. As long as there is testing and isolation when people symptoms there is no need.

It's not working in many mainland European countries either. Cases are increasing massively in Germany for instance.

36 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Sickening. The amount of coercion involved in this vaccine is scunnering. Free guns, doughnuts, women etc. Surely people can see that having things like this as an "incentive" is just wrong 

Edited by Thereisalight..

2 hours ago, DMCs said:

Nightlife economy already desperately screwed up and they want to introduce this final nail in the coffin for no justifiable reason? I couldn't find a bar open in central Glasgow past 11pm on a Thursday night a few weeks ago ffs.

Welcome to (wee) Free Scotland!

New CDC rules for entry requirements to the US stipulate that your test before travel has to be witnessed  by a medical professional. Some companies are offering a video consultation so you can be viewed swabbing yourself, one place in Glasgow has a walk-in service. 

This might work for relatively small numbers travelling but would appear to be totally unworkable everytime someone want to go the cinema or for a beer. 

39 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

The proposed extension of the inherently flawed vaccine passport scheme throughout the hospitality industry, if it comes to pass, will be the final straw for many small businesses. The entire industry is currently suffering from huge issues relating to staffing, Including recruitment and retention, greatly exacerbated by Brexit and the continuing Pingdemic. Asking every pub and hospitality outlet to check for vaccine passports on entry adds yet another layer in terms of staffing, when the vast majority of outlets can’t fill their existing staff rotas. Speaking from the perspective of my Edinburgh city centre business, we’re working on a day to day basis, hoping that we can patch together a staffing rota from amongst the remaining (non-pinged, or those recording a subsequent negative LFT or PCR result amongst the pinged contingent) regular staff, temporary staff, freelancers, friends, family and former employees before deciding whether we can actually open the doors on any given afternoon.

In terms of enforcing the vaccine passport scheme, nightclubs generally employ door staff, most pubs don’t, other than the busier city centre pubs at weekends. There is already an industry-wide shortage of properly accredited door staff, with training courses having been adversely affected by the pandemic, so increasing the numbers of stewards required exponentially by extending the vaccine passport system to all hospitality outlets, seven days a week, seems to me to be a logistical impossibility. The staff simply aren’t there, and they can’t be summoned into existence by wishful thinking and good intentions.

The Scottish government clearly has no idea how stretched and utterly demoralised the hospitality industry in Scotland is right now, or worse, if it does know, then it simply doesn’t care. Given Scot Gov’s consistent scapegoating of the industry since the start of the pandemic, the latter wouldn’t remotely surprise me, but ascribing to them sufficient competence and/or engagement with the industry to assume that they do know what the f**k is going on inside Scottish businesses ATM seems laughable, given their track record to date. So, on balance, I’ll charge them with reckless ineptitude rather than wilful vandalism.

FWIW, both my wife and I tested positive for Covid-19 this week, both double vaccinated, both with vaccine passports. The first person to test positive in the family was our 12-year-old son. Wonder where he got the virus from? More vaccine passports though, that’s clearly what’s needed.

Honestly, every time I read one of your posts I despair for the Country with those puritanical idiots at the helm. When Scotland becomes Independent I would not be surprised if they floated the notion of Prohibition, with certain exemptions conveniently around certain parts of Edinburgh of course.

Over the piece lots of people have made comments about the SNP wanting this to go on forever and being dismissed. "Why would they want that" etc. Well I cant answer why, but extending the restrictions to the point where they massively increase collateral damage is ABSOLUTELY keeping this going on longer than necessary, doing more damage than necessary. We'll see what the apologists (And cabinet members who previously objected to passports) have to say when the expansion comes........ 

Can see vertical drinking being reconsidered. Remember the discussions around substantial meals with an alcoholic drink. Weird times. Would assume the vaccine passport for local pubs/bars will be advisory. Not sure if that could or would be implemented. 

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

image.png.99fcbf7ef3e59cbfa951dea7dc740935.png

Screenshot_20211109-152021_Opera.jpg

Any time I see this chart, the 15 to 24 age group is always quite low compared to the groups either side. Thought this age bracket would be mixing a fair bit. Surprised to see this trend. 

23 minutes ago, GTee said:

Can see vertical drinking being reconsidered.

Genuinely can't see it. Anything which reduces capacity will lead to reductions in revenue / staff hours and therefore necessitate business grants and furlough schemes. WM won't have any interest in funding this, and the SG certainly can't afford months of that.

Hospital numbers have dropped 20% in a week. It's utterly laughable that the catastrophically bald speccy tube has come out with this tbh. He appears to have replaced Clownshoes in the "look like a tit by being a couple of weeks behind the data" stakes.

Edited by Todd_is_God