Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It’s actually far more than that as the 42,000 is only the number with major issues that weren’t solved quickly. 
I have no idea what typical error rates are, and frankly don’t care, as over 1% of double dosed people being excluded from many of the things that make life enjoyable is not acceptable for me, regardless of what a typical app error rate is.
I'm not saying it's acceptable especially not for those affected but it's not surprising given % error in public sector bodies. Housing benefit error runs between 3.5 and 5% a year. That has a far more reaching effect on people's lives but goes mostly ignored (that's error not fraud). In public sector settings 0.5% is a low error rate but obviously those directly affected are understandably not concerned by such facts. I'm just surprised that such an error rate is shocking people.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
It’s actually far more than that as the 42,000 is only the number with major issues that weren’t solved quickly. 
I have no idea what typical error rates are, and frankly don’t care, as over 1% of double dosed people being excluded from many of the things that make life enjoyable is not acceptable for me, regardless of what a typical app error rate is.

I'm not saying it's acceptable especially not for those affected but it's not surprising given % error in public sector bodies. Housing benefit error runs between 3.5 and 5% a year. That has a far more reaching effect on people's lives but goes mostly ignored (that's error not fraud). In public sector settings 0.5% is a low error rate but obviously those directly affected are understandably not concerned by such facts. I'm just surprised that such an error rate is shocking people.

I’m certainly not shocked at all, more furious that people are being fucked over by it.

How many times do you think our 'experts' need to get it wildly wrong before they shut up and stop making bold claims?

It simply shouldn't be the case that posters on a thread in P&B's General Nonsense forum can look at historic and current data trends and more accurately predict future positions than our supposed experts on a regular basis.

They come across as being so entrenched in their view that Covid is new and unique (and absolutely not flu so nothing that flu related can apply) that decades of scientific data from previous respiratory virus outbreaks is just cast aside, and the wheel tried to be re-invented at every turn, to the point that what appears rather obvious to a layman not only seems invisible to them, but must be wrong.

Edited by Todd_is_God

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It simply shouldn't be the case that posters on a thread in P&B's General Nonsense forum can look at historic and current data trends and more accurately predict future positions than our supposed experts on a regular basis.

On 19/08/2020 at 12:17, Todd_is_God said:

3 deaths on the NRS weekly report this week (around 0.3% of total deaths), and deaths 8% below the 5 year average.

And people still think it's a public health crisis 🤣

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The Tories probably cannot believe their luck that they have managed to get an idiotic public to blame non-mask wearers and the unvaccinated for the current situation simply by continuing to publish and highlight case numbers as being the be-all and end-all.

image.png.c448e2219f3ac7ee99bb84883d5841ad.png

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

How many times do you think our 'experts' need to get it wildly wrong before they shut up and stop making bold claims?

they will never admit theyre bullshitters on the take

the news and papers will give them air time as long as theyre saying the right things

Edited by Glennie