Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Patients arriving at accident and emergency departments will be sent away if more appropriate treatment is available elsewhere in a bid to reverse record-long waits for treatment.

Humza Yousaf has issued new guidance for A&E departments across Scotland that would see them refer patients to GPs, pharmacies or told to look after themselves.

It follows yet another week where A&E waiting time performances have fallen to record low levels, with 30.4% of patients not seen within the four-hour target.

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/more-pa...o-cut-wait?top

13 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Are cases climbing again in Scotland or is there some data catch-up in today’s number?

Daily reported case numbers have been a bit unreliable lately, meaning the specimen date figures are more useful.

These charts haven't been updated today, but you can see they have been essentially flat for some time. Taking the last datapoint for 7 day average, this was 2,555.9 on Wednesday 27th October versus 2,446.1 on Wednesday 29th September. It was 3,136.7 the previous week, but wouldn't have been a fair comparison.

Masks and vaccine passports have done nothing to bring cases down, whilst increased mixing has done nothing to cause a spike.

Hospital numbers are slightly lower too, but, for the sake of this comparison, they are equally flat.

I'm not really sure where the recent talk about re-introducing restrictions up here has come from. We already have the media's much desired "Plan B" already in place.

Screenshot_20211103-153419_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20211103-153408_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20211103-154639_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20211103-154656_Opera.jpg

The Dutch government yesterday announced new, stricter measures to protect against the increase in Covid-19 infections in the country.

The following measures come immediately into force:
social distancing of 1.5m minimum;

working at home (where possible) for at least half the time;

Other measures are introduced this coming Saturday:
the use of the coronapas is extended to museums and fairs, cafe and restaurant terraces, theatre presentations and organised sport for over-18s;

face masks must be worn in all indoor spaces accessible to the public, such as shops, as well as all contact professions with the exception of sex workers.

And if the tide does not turn and the numbers keep rising, they promised further measures:
introduction of the coronapas on the work-floor, but on a voluntary basis;
the coronapas required in zoos, amusement parks and non-essential shops.

Edited by superbigal

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Devoid Sridhar at it again...

"the only alternative to child vaccination would be to impose tough restrictions on society again."

"Sridhar... said another full lockdown was unlikely but that Scotland’s vaccine passport scheme may be extended from the present limited use in nightclubs and stadiums, to wider use in restaurants, bars and gyms."

So, just to be clear, we must vaccinate children to avoid extending the vaccine passport scheme to places children don't really go to...

😂

She is absolutely sick. Probably endorses this too:

Sturgeon should be having her launched into the long grass.

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

Nudge Nudge.

What 'experts'? Independent SAGE types? Lel. And 'journalists' at Sky unable to even get the basics right.

Cases continuing to decline in England/UK-wide and now Javid has gone from sacking 60,000 healthcare workers to extending the 'deadline' to April. Lel.

Not happening south of the border which will drag the devolved governments into touch as we exit winter. Pleasing.

Edited by Elixir

What grinds my gears is the (mainly) general acceptance of these bizarre tweaks to restrictions.
Totally based on zero medical or scientific evidence as far as I can make out, yet elected politicians, who you would think have some degree of intelligence if not self- awareness, instruct with a straight face that stuff like “vertical drinking” and the Dutch now exempting “sex workers” from wearing masks. In Ireland they’ve put a restriction on “crowd surfing in nightclubs”. You have the Spanish in summer enforcing masks on beaches unless swimming.....it’s all a pantomime of lunatics. 
We may as well have not bothered with the rush to create vaccines and simply closed down the world until a flu- like virus disappeared.

At least sex workers in Amsterdam and politicians in Kelvingrove, Glasgow appear to be safe and immune so I’m sure it’s not all bad news.

25 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Is there any way if checking when invite for booster jab might arrive?
I reckon I should get mine this month.

You can get a rough idea if you click on “Start guide” about halfway down the page on the link then tick the relevant box.

NHS inform

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Is there any way if checking when invite for booster jab might arrive?
I reckon I should get mine this month.

Get the Mrs to have a look at the doormat every morning.  If she reports back there is a blue envelope you probably have a booster jab appointment.