Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

There was a male MP called Fatty Soames!

Prescott, Foulkes and Gapes another three who were notoriously rotund.

Foulkes was on both my flights last week. Surprised he's still going.

39 minutes ago, gmca said:

Cyril Smith was the most rotund of them all I think.

Can't say his shape would be the first thing I'd be having a go at him for.

I mean, if a detestable individual also happens to be morbidly obese, it simply makes them doubly grotesque.

4 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s pure misogyny.

When we criticise male politicians, it is normally about their character or personality.  When women politicians get criticised, it is normally about their appearance.  Jackie Baillie is a classic example of this 

How many articles and headlines were there about Johnson's legs and shoes?

tory-conference-2.jpg?width=982&height=7

1219.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=forma

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How many articles and headlines was there Johnson's legs and shoes?

tory-conference-2.jpg?width=982&height=7

1219.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=forma

Absolutely - when BJ was laughed at for going running in his dress shirt, it was because he was running in his dress shirt.  Not because of his physical appearance.  

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

Can't think of any recent Presidents of the United States who may have been laughed at for their fraudulent hair, their bottle of Tropicana complexion or being fat cheeseburger-eating slouch. He's on to one here!

Trump was one of the most bizarre looking people ever to attain high office though, of either sex. Berlusconi was a close contender admittedly.

Edited by welshbairn

Absolutely - when BJ was laughed at for going running in his dress shirt, it was because he was running in his dress shirt.  Not because of his physical appearance.  

Aye nobody has ever said anything critical of Johnsons appearance other than his attire....

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s not a dress shirt. It’s a rugby shirt. Or are you talking about some other occasion?

56 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Can someone enlighten me? In the Boris photo, what’s wrong with his shoes? They’re the only thing in that photo I can’t see a problem with.

Nothing.  The point is that the press are obsessed with female politicians legs and shoes.  

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Jeezo, when it comes to getting your arse handed to you on a plate you certainly are the master.

It was the situation with nightclubs yesterday and now today it's a fundamental misunderstanding of what constitutes misogyny.

You're good value for entertainment, I'll give you that. 🤣

OK bro.  Whatever you say.  

Almost regardless of the subject, if you hold one view, I almost automatically assume the opposite is the truth.  

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Can someone enlighten me? In the Boris photo, what’s wrong with his shoes? They’re the only thing in that photo I can’t see a problem with.

They have the shame to be attached to the fat, useless buffoon.  If they were self respecting sports shoes they’d have ran like f**k as soon as he looked at them.