Coronavirus (COVID-19)

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That might be true for some, but I don't think that's true for some of the most prolific posters on here, like @Elixir for instance who continually quotes the Telegraph and has called for the privatisation of the NHS, and even approvingly quotes Peter Sweden, a far right nutter on par with Paul Joseph Watson.

Hahahahahahaha

14 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Devi and Linda will be upset at this news. 

Absolute psycho talk from Sturgeon. Lip service about the prospect of more restrictions when the talk should be of less as cases flat line and inevitably drop. You just know she won't bin the theatre when cases crash in the coming weeks and months as it's winter and 'just in case, to be safe'.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Absolute psycho talk from Sturgeon. Lip service about the prospect of more restrictions when the talk should be of less as cases flat line and inevitably drop. You just know she won't bin the theatre when cases crash in the coming weeks and months as it's winter and 'just in case, to be safe'.

i'm pretty sure if we still had furlough available we would be stuck in level 0.5 through the winter like ireland are 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

That might be true for some, but I don't think that's true for some of the most prolific posters on here, like @Elixir for instance who continually quotes the Telegraph and has called for the privatisation of the NHS, and even approvingly quotes Peter Sweden, a far right nutter on par with Paul Joseph Watson.

17 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I think @Elixir has just proved @welshbairn’s point.

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Looking at going to Italy. Notice that in addition to the PCR 2 day test (can’t remember if people had said we still have to use the NHS rip off £68 one or we can use private providers now?) you also have to have proof of a negative PCR or antigen test taken within 48 hours of departure to get entry to Italy. Does this mean you have to pay for another test? Or can I just go to a drop in centre and get tested the day before? Or does antigen mean lateral flow?

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Antigen means LFT. You have to buy a private one, don't use Chronomics, I ordered one because I wasn't 100% whether I needed one for coming to Portugal via Holland, and it never arrived. Turned out I didn't need one but I had a hard time convincing Check in at Inverness of that. Don't book anything until the last minute, the rules change daily and you'll probably only need an LFT for Day 2.

P.S. As far as flying back to a Scottish airport goes, the only definite at the moment is that you don't need to use the rip off £68 one.

Sturgeon just announced LFTs ok for Day 2 for flights arriving at Scottish airports after 4am Sunday, bookable from Friday evening.

20 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Hilarious that caution, safety and giving a shit about people are now cast as negative "psycho" traits in a leader.

Aye, that's really what's going on. wiggo.png

The bed wetters and grifters must absolutely hate the truly useful folk who *actually developed a vaccine* when they are quite clear Covid is well on its way to being a relative non-event.

Posted at 12:53

UK's Covid situation improving, says Pollard

We have some more from Prof Pollard's comments to MPs.

He says it is "inevitable" that there will be a lower level of asymptomatic Covid testing in the future, saying: "We are not going to be testing at this rate forever."

Pollard adds that the country is in "an improving situation" because of high vaccination coverage and the booster programme, which contributes to higher levels of population immunity.

"At some point we will reach a steady state with the virus," he says, before adding that experts do not know when that will be.

Some very good stuff being put to MP's today, like why we should soon be stopping the testing of asymptomatic people and how it is ridiculous comparing the UK to other countries using disingenuous measures. Pleasing.

You are... spectacularly. Again.

And this is with three days worth of Welsh data - the most riddled part of the UK right now despite mandated mask wearing and vaccine passports. The real figure is more in the region of 36-37,000. Collapsing.

The fall in cases south of the border is down to fewer tests being done than a week ago, rather than some collapse. The test positivity is the same roughly. 

18th October, 779,000 tests. 25th October, 658,000 tests. 

The real drop will come in a couple of weeks, as the English half term effect kicks in. 

Just now, Michael W said:

Percentage of English people actually wearing masks on public transport and in shops: nowhere fucking near 81% and 76%.

Come on, you know by know these polls reflect what people want other people to do...

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Come on, you know by know these polls reflect what people want other people to do...

Mask for thee, not for me. 

If that amount of people do think that masks should be mandated, I'd be seeing those numbers when I'm out. But I don't. Presumably anyone that thinks they should be mandatory doesn't think this for the sake of it and instead that it would be a real benefit. 

I really don't see why anyone of the "they should be mandatory" persuasion would therefore decide that they will not be wearing until the government makes them mandatory, despite their views. If you believe there's a (public health) benefit to it, why aren't you contributing? 

I try not to subscribe to the "rigged polls" type comments because they are fucking tedious, but when they are so far outside of lived experience, you can't help but think they're a crock of shit. 

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You also clearly stated that only 1 or 2 people per club would be affected by the passports and that has been shown to be bollox.

Just to jog your memory, it was in relation to 550 people over the weekend being knocked back. 

The problem with you is that you are reading what you want to read, and not what has actually been written.  Classic playing the man, rather than the ball.

There is no “debate” on this thread.  There is shouting into the abyss