Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Personally think that Wee Bully, aged 47, is highly likely to have his finger on the pulse as to how the boycott by young females affected pub/club trade at the weekend.

More so than some ten-a-penny, multi venue owner sharing real life experience of the weekend just past anyway. That's for damn sure.

8 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Personally think that Wee Bully, aged 47, is highly likely to have his finger on the pulse as to how the boycott by young females affected pub/club trade at the weekend.

With 2 daughters at Uni, I suppose I might. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

More so than some ten-a-penny, multi venue owner sharing real life experience of the weekend just past anyway. That's for damn sure.

I’ve not said that he is wrong, just that there is a lack of evidence, and other alternative (and plausible) explanations.

Of course, if you just want absolutes and certainties which back up your preconceptions, this is the very thread for it.  

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

Good to see the hard of thinking firing in.

I hadn’t responded because it didn’t contradict at an empirical level anything I have said.

1. The amount of people in his club were down 150, and not the 1 or 2 which were apparently mentioned in the Thread.  No-one on this thread said that 1 or 2 people were missing from his (or anyone else’s) Club.  Rather that 550 refused entry is 1 or 2 a venue.  

2. ”And bear in mind, the 35% drop isn’t wholly attributable to people actually knocked back at the door for not having proper certification, it’s also comprised of those who didn’t bother going out as they knew they wouldn’t get in (the vaccine passport scheme is hardly a well kept secret), and those who simply went somewhere they knew the enforcement would be laxer. “.  Unless he has spoken to the people who weren’t there, then this is just supposition. 

3. No-one said that the drop was due to the boycott, merely that it was another possibility.  It was pretty well publicised, and a lot of females I know have taken a stance on it, or just don’t feel safe going to Clubs at the moment.  

So,, all in all, moves the discussion not on a single bit.  

@Frankie S I tried to warn you!

image.thumb.jpeg.b8e757cf4ece70a81ef8310c67204930.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I’ve not said that he is wrong, just that there is a lack of evidence, and other alternative (and plausible) explanations.

Of course, if you just want absolutes and certainties which back up your preconceptions, this is the very thread for it.  

Your alternative and plausible explanations can presumably be treated with the same lack of respect you afforded Frankies considerably more thought out, rational, and evidence led than your own though surely? Wouldn't want to be caught out being hypocritical now would we?

10 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

You really are struggling, aren’t you?  

As usual, nothing of substance to add, other than a picture.  

Struggling to understand someone defiantly ignoring the blatantly obvious because it doesn’t reflect kindly on their political views? You’re absolutely right I am.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Your alternative and plausible explanations can presumably be treated with the same lack of respect you afforded Frankies considerably more thought out, rational, and evidence led than your own though surely? Wouldn't want to be caught out being hypocritical now would we?

Yes, they should be treated in exactly the same way.

Interesting you say “evidence led”.  His takings were down - that’s evidence.  There was no evidence as to the reasons though.  Just his view on why people weren’t there.  And given they weren’t there, and it was this weekend, he can’t have asked them all.  

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Yes, they should be treated in exactly the same way.

Interesting you say “evidence led”.  His takings were down - that’s evidence.  There was no evidence as to the reasons though.  Just his view on why people weren’t there.  And given they weren’t there, and it was this weekend, he can’t have asked them all.  

Yeah but you are going with "I have daughters" and "loads of women I know"

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah but you are going with "I have daughters" and "loads of women I know"

Agreed.  What’s your point?

At no point have I offered a certainty.  I haven’t said “the drop off in attendance was due to a boycott”.  I have noted there was a boycott, and there are a lot of women stating that they do not feel safe in clubs just now, and asked whether that could have been contributory to the decline in footfall.

In other words, are there a number of factors at play, or is it “just” the vaccine passport causing it?

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Agreed.  What’s your point?

At no point have I offered a certainty.  I haven’t said “the drop off in attendance was due to a boycott”.  I have noted there was a boycott, and there are a lot of women stating that they do not feel safe in clubs just now, and asked whether that could have been contributory to the decline in footfall.

In other words, are there a number of factors at play, or is it “just” the vaccine passport causing it?

I dont really have a problem with questioning the other factors tbh. I just thought it a bit off that you were dismissive of a pretty good post which was clearly relevant to the discussion, from someone who is literally in amongst what the topic is all about, and cited a lack of evidence, before going on to use " I know loads of women......" as evidence. 

It reeks of "MUST DEFEND SNP" which has been a pretty common theme in this thread with varying degrees of trolling amongst it. 

I dont really have a problem with questioning the other factors tbh. I just thought it a bit off that you were dismissive of a pretty good post which was clearly relevant to the discussion, from someone who is literally in amongst what the topic is all about, and cited a lack of evidence, before going on to use " I know loads of women......" as evidence. 

It reeks of "MUST DEFEND SNP" which has been a pretty common theme in this thread with varying degrees of trolling amongst it. 

It really wasn’t.  I wasn’t going to respond at all, but couldn’t help reacting to posters who suggested i wouldn’t respond to it. 

I’ve just pointed out that there is a big chunk of supposition as to the reasons in there.

Lastl;y, on the “in know lots of women” point, are people denying that there has been talk of a boycott, or that there hasn’t been significant coverage, in the last week, on spiking? If not, could it have been a contributing factor?

As opposed to those who blame the SNP for absolutely everything that happens without considering other causes. @Frankie S is justifiably raging about what's happened to his industry, and is clearly very knowledgeable, but he's not exactly a neutral voice.

Just now, welshbairn said:

As opposed to those who blame the SNP for absolutely everything that happens without considering other causes. @Frankie S is justifiably raging about what's happened to his industry, and is clearly very knowledgeable, but he's not exactly a neutral voice.

I really think there is much less than that than you think happening here. Many people in this thread will openly admit to being SNP voters, supporters and even members (I think at least three have revoked) who have been turned off by numerous aspects of pandemic response. This also applies to myself (not a member.) Thats a little different from the usual SNPBAD suspects you get on here/in the media. Its pretty disingenous to use the same sort of language typically used to to describe the first, to describe the second. 

I hope this is a once in a lifetime event, its impact is unrivalled, and yet still there are people who cannot step over a political line they have drawn for themselves. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Many people in this thread will openly admit to being SNP voters

That might be true for some, but I don't think that's true for some of the most prolific posters on here, like @Elixir for instance who continually quotes the Telegraph and has called for the privatisation of the NHS, and even approvingly quotes Peter Sweden, a far right nutter on par with Paul Joseph Watson.

Edited by welshbairn

Whilst @Frankie S's post is informative in terms of hearing from somebody involved in the sector, would the best comparison in terms of like for like weekends to see the impact of passports not be this weekend, given that this Friday is the traditional payday for those still paid on the last Friday of each month (given that a pay weekend was used as the comparison point in September).

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 20 (0 day before),  ICU cases 59 up 2   (9 new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid 917  up 15  (300 new admissions).    Not the best of days.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  1,561  2nd vaccines  1,894   Pretty poor stuff as no one cares about clubbing clearly.

Daily Cases Update: 3rd day in a row with a tiny fall, today 1.00% and looks like another similar smallish fall tomorrow.  Still think we are stuck at 300+ for a while yet.  Interesting that 24 of the councils are now within 25% above or below the average.

Glasgow in 28th place is astonishing. Be very easy to see if Cop26 does have an effect.

Much of Europe is surging as well in terms of weekly increase. Czech up 124%, Poland up 94% the uickest risers.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 17th October to 23rdd October  were  17,705 to 17,597 down 0.61%, Positivity was 8.9% now 8.9%.  Cases per 100K were 323.9  now 321.9

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average   486.9 to 485.6 down 0.27%, England  488.5 to 487.4 down 0.23%, Wales 732.8 to 732.9 up 0.02%, Northern Ireland  475.2 to 470.4 up 1.01%  to show @Todd_is_God that today reflects the 1st possible downward trend of a weeks data. All 4 nations down today.  Deaths pretty steep at 263

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 569 (weekly change up 13%), Romania 549 (weekly up 4%), Croatia 428 (weekly up 73%), Bulgaria 419 (Weekly up 46%),  Slovakia 349 (weekly up 61%), Ukraine 310 (Week up 43%), Ireland  295 (Weekly up 23%), Moldova 286 (Weekly up 16%), Belgium 252 (Week up 47%), Austria 252 (Week up 57%), Greece 217 (Week up 32%) These are the only countries over 202 cases per 100K.   The Baltic states Latvia 913, Lithuania 733, & Estonia 718 with smaller populations are in a bad way 

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Clackmannanshire 586.9 to 563.5    

East Ayrshire  474.5 to 451.5     Kilmarnock South & Cap again at 1,678 per 100K.  Is that the Screws & Lags licking each other again ?  @WhiteRoseKilie 

West Lothian  449.4 to 441.7 

Stirling 435.8 to 436.9  

Fife  425.3 to 421.5

North Lanarkshire  403.6 to 393.7  

Falkirk  432.2 to 402.3 to 385.5  Decent near 11% in 2 days

East Dunbartonshire    377.0 to 362.3 

Dundee City   339.3 to 347.4 

Aberdeenshire  345.1 to 347.0  

Perth & Kinross     319.9 to 332.4  Another constant riser up 8 places in 2 days.

South Lanarkshire    378.1 to 351.3 to 332.0 Decent fall over 12% in 2 days

West Dunbartonshire 333.9 to 331.7 

BELOW AVERAGE

Scottish  Borders   339.3 to 320.2  

East Lothian    319.7 to 318.8

Argyll & Bute   311.4 to 316.0 

East Renfrewshire 323.8 to 312.3 

North Ayrshire   315.8 to 307.6

Angus  319.5 to 303.1

Renfrewshire  288.2 to 301.6  

South Ayrshire  305.9 to 300.5  

Highlands 280.8 to 296.9