Coronavirus (COVID-19)

42 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Again, no context.  Down 40% on when? This time 2 years ago?  Last week?

Any other reasons why it might have been down?  For instance a boycott by females due to drink spiking? 

36 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Down 40% from where? I'd posit that it's up from last year. Glass half full folks. 

Nothing to see here.  Move along.  Must be finding it hard to breathe with your heads in the sand for so long.

We have industries that have been on their knees because of closures, we're still putting up barriers to recovery and you don't see the problem with that?

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

The Scottish Government giving us a far lower quality of life than what England is currently enjoying to err... make them look more caring than those nasty Tories who are enabling better (normal) life.

Vile.

The Scottish Government don't want a night time economy. 

51 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Conveniently ignoring the statement that footfall is down 40% and venues were closing early.  Doing a great job of keeping venues open.

Why were venues closing early?  The article says this:

“Some venues had decided to close at midnight, taking them outside the scope of the scheme, because of problems with staff recruitment and welfare, it said.”

So, the reason for closing early wasn’t to do with the scheme, but with staff recruitment.  Are you suggesting they can’t recruit staff because of the vaccine scheme?  If the answer is yes, i suspect they would have come out and said that explicitly. 

27 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Christine Tait-Burkard I think it was on Radio Scotland this morning saying we need further restrictions, specifically the roll out of vaccine passports for all indoor hospitality and events.

I’ll be surprised if we see to mid November without this coming in. Essentially no vaccine, no entry to just about everywhere, except the supermarket.

Wales are going to add more restrictions this week. 

There is never any mention of when any of this might end. All this shit for a vaccine which doesn't prevent infection or transmission and for u60s has a marginal impact on severity of illness. It is nothing to do with public health. 

Edited by Detournement

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Why were venues closing early?  The article says this:

“Some venues had decided to close at midnight, taking them outside the scope of the scheme, because of problems with staff recruitment and welfare, it said.”

So, the reason for closing early wasn’t to do with the scheme, but with staff recruitment.  Are you suggesting they can’t recruit staff because of the vaccine scheme?  If the answer is yes, i suspect they would have come out and said that explicitly. 

Not how I read it.  Yes some venues decided to do the above to take them outside of the scope.  I read the first part as venues closing early because there wasn't enough footfall to justify being open.

Quick trip to the Metro Centre this morning before heading back up the road. Amazed at the voluntary masking compared to my last trip down South a few weeks ago. Al least 40% in Metro Centre and went into Asda earlier and it would have been closer to 70%. Looks like the media fear campaign is working to spook people.

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The vaccine passport isn't protecting  anyone over 60 from catching the virus so i've no idea what your point is. 

But if the current state of affairs is now permanent then it should be clinically vulnerable people who adjust their lifestyles. 

RE the first part, reducing the number of people becoming infected at large events will shirley reduce the chances of the elderly catching Covid in places outwith such events.

I agree with the second point though, especially as 2019 was a time when it was deemed acceptable to tell those vulnerable to flu to avoid non-ventilated crowded places etc.

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

How odd. I've just checked and it's working fine for me.  They must be out to get you.  

Yes, that must be it 🤡

Alternatively, it just isn’t effective for everyone. Just because something is working fine for you as an existing user doesn’t mean it is working for everyone attempting to download it again. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Yes, that must be it 🤡

Alternatively, it just isn’t effective for everyone. Just because something is working fine for you as an existing user doesn’t mean it is working for everyone attempting to download it again. 

Mrs SnV trying to download it now... The tension.... The tension... I'll let you know how she gets on. 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Tried to download the vaccine passport app yet again - still doesn’t work, a genuine heap of shit. 

What isn't working with it? It took me about a week before I finally got it working

Anyway I was out Saturday night, no vaccine passport checks for me at a nightclub 

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

RE the first part, reducing the number of people becoming infected at large events will shirley reduce the chances of the elderly catching Covid in places outwith such events.

I agree with the second point though, especially as 2019 was a time when it was deemed acceptable to tell those vulnerable to flu to avoid non-ventilated crowded places etc.

The number of unvaccinated people who would have spread Covid at a large event is tiny. And even if the vaccine passport stops them getting into an event they don't disapear and can spread it elsewhere during the time of the event. 

You are talking bawhairs of a difference on the level of the whole population. 

10 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

What isn't working with it? It took me about a week before I finally got it working

Anyway I was out Saturday night, no vaccine passport checks for me at a nightclub 

I can’t even get it past the initial loading stage, tried everything on my iPhone that might be causing it but still no luck. 

Only downloading it for the football tomorrow night, I have my electronic version outside the app regardless - if they are still accepting that anyway. 

Update - after reinstalling it several times I’m now in. As long as the rest goes smoothly. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

Mrs SnV successfully downloaded app.  The only issue she had with it was keeping the photo page of her passport flat enough for her phone camera to capture it. 

I believe that I speak on behalf of every British national when I say that whichever joker decided to move the ID page to its new position should be hung drawn and quartered.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I can’t even get it past the initial loading stage, tried everything on my iPhone that might be causing it but still no luck. 

Only downloading it for the football tomorrow night, I have my electronic version outside the app regardless - if they are still accepting that anyway. 

Update - after reinstalling it several times I’m now in. As long as the rest goes smoothly. 

Good stuff!  The two guys in the black SUV wearing sunglasses and earpieces outside your gaff must be there for someone else..... 

2 hours ago, ddfg said:

Just had a look on the status App to see when I'm eligible for a booster and it now has a timer below the QR code, presumably a "safety" measure to stop screenshots being shared. Maybe other people have had this before but it was the first I've noticed it. 

It's not a countdown btw - it's the current time

18 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Experts now saying cases could be only 5,000 a day in a matter of weeks.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-sky-news-live-blog-uk-coronavirus-latest-daily-cases-plan-b-restrictions-12443026

If they keep firing darts at the board eventually they have to hit a bullseye

So somewhere between 5,000 and 100,000. Deepti Gurdasani with the space cadet 200,000 prediction from back in May that never materialised. 

Wonderful!