Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Vaccine passport scheme going well then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59034619

The Scottish Government giving us a far lower quality of life than what England is currently enjoying to err... make them look more caring than those nasty Tories who are enabling better (normal) life.

Vile.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The Scottish Government giving us a far lower quality of life than what England is currently enjoying to err... make them look more caring than those nasty Tories who are enabling better (normal) life.

Vile.

Hyperbolic pish.

No change there then.  

Just had a look on the status App to see when I'm eligible for a booster and it now has a timer below the QR code, presumably a "safety" measure to stop screenshots being shared. Maybe other people have had this before but it was the first I've noticed it. 

The Scottish Government have invented people being arseholes when knocked back from nightclubs is a new and interesting take.

The article conspicuously notes it is individuals refused entry for not having a vaccine passport, if only there was some action individuals could take to solve this. 

An appropriate alternative headline would be "Vaccine Passports Working."

But then where's the fun and faux rage to be had there?

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I just did an app update on my phone and now my status doesn’t display. Shambles. 

That happened to me a day or so ago but it's fine now.  Have you tried again and is it ok now? I like the new colour changing clock  image.  

By the by my Scotrail app was a bit weird a week or so ago.  I tried again and it was fine.  Hardly a "Shambles". 

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The Scottish Government have invented people being arseholes when knocked back from nightclubs is a new and interesting take.

The article conspicuously notes it is individuals refused entry for not having a vaccine passport, if only there was some action individuals could take to solve this. 

Indeed - 550 people over the whole weekend.  How many venues are there?

Sounds to me that this means 1 or 2 people per venue (at most).

6 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Conveniently ignoring the statement that footfall is down 40% and venues were closing early.  Doing a great job of keeping venues open.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Conveniently ignoring the statement that footfall is down 40% and venues were closing early.  Doing a great job of keeping venues open.

Again, no context.  Down 40% on when? This time 2 years ago?  Last week?

Any other reasons why it might have been down?  For instance a boycott by females due to drink spiking? 

45 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Hyperbolic pish.

No change there then.  

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Are England having these problems, or the Nordic nations? The vaccine passports certainly don't have any health or medical benefit - they only cause issues for business and further division in society.

Just you carry on simping and defending the indefensible, though.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Down 40% from where? I'd posit that it's up from last year. Glass half full folks. 

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Are England having these problems, or the Nordic nations? The vaccine passports certainly don't have any health or medical benefit - they only cause issues for business and further division in society.

I'd be surprised and delighted to hear how the Nordics and England have solved the people being dickheads when refused entry to nightclubs issue and keen to hear more details of this miracle at your earliest convenience. 

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Happy to carry on simping.

I presume “simping” includes pointing and laughing at your pathetic pearl clutching?

By the way, it is going to be spectacular watching the climb down and scrambling from the 'public health' authoritarian clowns when cases start to plummet south of the border again - all without needless interventions on people's lives. It already started yesterday.

But of course, the vile lapdogs on here like Wee Bully and Willie's Tache will continue to batter on like there's not a problem with anything going on up here. No sir!

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Down 40% from where? I'd posit that it's up from last year. Glass half full folks. 

I'd be surprised and delighted to hear how the Nordics and England have solved the people being dickheads when refused entry to nightclubs issue and keen to hear more details of this miracle at your earliest convenience. 

They don't have people being refused entry because they aren't discriminating on supposed 'health' grounds, bud.

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Happy to carry on simping.

I presume “simping” includes pointing and laughing at your pathetic pearl clutching?

Oh, we all know you will carry on simping.

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You predict that attendance of nightclubs will be higher when they are open, compared to when they were forcibly closed and literally zero people could enter? Some prediction that! 

Christine Tait-Burkard I think it was on Radio Scotland this morning saying we need further restrictions, specifically the roll out of vaccine passports for all indoor hospitality and events.

I’ll be surprised if we see to mid November without this coming in. Essentially no vaccine, no entry to just about everywhere, except the supermarket.

Edited by Abdul_Latif