Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id have been delighted with her and full of praise for such a decision.

No, you wouldn't. 

You would have been whining like a baby about 'Nippy' clamping down on freedoms and how Scotland has become like North Korea. ***

*** Insert any other SNP-hating trope. Krankie, nanny state, chief mammy, most restricted country in the world, etc etc etc. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No, you wouldn't. 

You would have been whining like a baby about 'Nippy' clamping down on freedoms and how Scotland has become like North Korea. ***

*** Insert any other SNP-hating trope. Krankie, nanny state, chief mammy, most restricted country in the world, etc etc etc. 

Pretty sure ive never called her Krankie or made any comment that makes fun of Nicola Sturgeon’s appearance or any other form of similar comment. On the whole I actually like Nicola Sturgeon, thats why I rejoined the SNP when she became leader in 2014, I just think she has completely lost her way. Any one I have met who knows her personally says she is a genuinely nice person and more power to her (except public health power).
She doesnt seem out to enrich herself the way that many other politicians do, I just think shes had a howler over the last couple of years and the lack of decent alternative has basically kept them in power. But dont let that get in the way of your agenda. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

'Their modelling'. 

As far as I'm aware, Devi Shridhar is not an elected member of the Scottish government. She's an advisor, with an opinion which the SG may or may not listen to. 

And again, as far as I'm aware, her opinions are not those of Nicola Sturgeon or of the Scottish government. 

So why are you deliberately confusing the two ? 

As posted earlier. It’s actually in the SNP fanzine Sunday edition.

She is an advisor and the government have published her findings. It suggests they either have genuine concerns or are more sinisterly sewing the seeds of blame towards Westminster just in case.

Ok, so the correspondence every practice in my wife’s cluster and the GGC Health Board received stating this expectation is a lie? 
So the fact police, ambulance, health, local government and fire resources are being removed from Scotlands communities is again a lie? 
Glasgow City council arent led by SNP councillor Susan Aitken? GCC havent extended licensing hours and arent hosting civic events every single day? 
Glasgow does have the infrastructure? I must have missed the bit where there appears to be wide spread impact on rail services and indeed strike action planned for the conference too. Even when it does run ‘properly’ it struggles to cope with peak hour travel.
I must have also missed the part where the Scottish government no longer had powers to stop mass gatherings happening or any other public health powers. 
You're screaming wee man syndrome.

Vanity project?

Jesus fucking wept.

With the majority of these looking like they are about to / have already plateaued we could see quite considerable drops in that UK case total by the end of the coming week.

At which point, hot off the press of their July prediction of doom, SAGE should be disbanded on the basis of being utterly useless.

Experts indeed.

Nation_20211024_1 (1).png

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

With the majority of these looking like they are about to / have already plateaued we could see quite considerable drops in that UK case total by the end of the coming week.

At which point, hot off the press of their July prediction of doom, SAGE should be disbanded on the basis of being utterly useless.

Experts indeed.

Nation_20211024_1 (1).png

Maybe my hangover is messing with my memory but was there not talk yesterday about hitting 100,000 cases per day.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Maybe my hangover is messing with my memory but was there not talk yesterday about hitting 100,000 cases per day.

The UK Gov have quoted that figure twice now (presumably modelled by SAGE), and it's seemed unrealistic both times. Either they are using it to discredit SAGE and gain public support for ignoring their mewlings, or they are giving some room to see their plan A through whilst still saying "the figures are withing what we expected."

Obviously a 10% week on week drop out of the blue needs more data to support that cases are going down, but local authority and specimen date data certainly supports the idea that the peak, at least, has arrived.

Wales are apparently going to increase vaccine passport restrictions this week. I also saw a report that Austria are going to ban unvaccinated people from leaving the house (apart from to work obviously) if ICU numbers hit a certain level.

Every country seems to be talking about increased restrictions. No one is talking about an endpoint or how  reinfection functions which should really be the main focus at this point. 

We are a long way from cigar photos.....

Edited by Detournement

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm sure that continuing to call a forum moderator a "moonhowling extremist" will work out fine for you.

I'm certain of it.

Yep.

Absolutely.

No doubt.

If I need any advice from a ridiculed racist and homophobe like yourself, I'll ask for it.

Yep.

Absolutely.

No doubt.

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm sure that continuing to call a forum moderator a "moonhowling extremist" will work out fine for you.

I'm certain of it.

Yep.

Absolutely.

No doubt.

@Tynierose is a player as well as a moderator, and I'm confident he separates the roles. 

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

A welcome change from the usual narrative when clicking on Sky News and seeing Breaking News of "Covid cases and deaths drop in the UK"

Am I reading it wrong or are deaths not up by a third roughly, from 57 to 72? It's to be expected by the lag of course, but could make for a scary headline in a media outlet eager for stoking the panic.

Edited by welshbairn

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Am I reading it wrong or are deaths not up by a third roughly, from 57 to 72? It's to be expected by the lag of course, but could make for a scary headline in a media outlet eager for stoking the panic.

Screenshot_20211024-191816_Opera.jpg