Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They all have to show proof of a negative test on arrival, and pass an LFT test every day they're here, vaccinated or not. Anyone who's been in a red country in the previous 10 days has to do managed hotel quarantine.

Heads of state, their security and diplomatic teams all get exemption from it as do people given status by the UN. 
I dont agree that we’ll see a surge in the level of Devi’s prediction but there will be a strain.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Heads of state, their security and diplomatic teams all get exemption from it as do people given status by the UN. 
I dont agree that we’ll see a surge in the level of Devi’s prediction but there will be a strain.

I think there's more chance of a surge back in their own countries when they go home, nearly all of them are coming from places with far lower case rates.

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

My son has let his holiday house in Prestwick to 5 members of the Biden entourage.

The US official stated that ‘they wanted to play lots of golf’.

Kind of puts things into perspective.

Heard there's a nice wee course nearby at Turnberry. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thing is, for once Devi gets something right, delegates flying in without testing, being encouraged to open our homes to the same people, NHS GP surgeries being told to expect delegates to come and place further demand on their practices.
Public sector workers/emergency service workers being removed from Scotland’s communities for this vanity project that already looks like a damp squib. Thats all before you consider the disruption caused by bidding (by an snp led council, the same one which was shaming people for minor covid breaches is increasing licensing hours to put even more strain on) for an event that Glasgow has no where near the infrastructure required to hold effectively. Nicola Sturgeon could stop it immediately. 

I'm not sure how she could, given that this is UK government event. 

I don't really understand how it could have any sort of massive impact on our numbers. There are already lots of people in Scotland with covid, and people are already allowed to move around freely and basically do whatever they want. A few extra people coming here from overseas for an event might lead to a handful of extra cases, but I don't really understand how that would translate to some enormous outbreak.

It's not May 2020 where we had no vaccines and a low level of natural immunity.

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm not sure how she could, given that this is UK government event. 

I get that youre not the brightest bob, but its pretty obvious she could use the public heath legislation she used to shut the country down. So long as they deem it necessary to place controls and restrictions on other mass events no other event should be held without it. Its the usual from the SNP. Save me the ‘bUt ItS tHe Uk’ patter too, Glasgow city council (led by the SNP), Scottish Government (led by the SNP) were foaming at the mouth for cop26.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I get that youre not the brightest bob, but its pretty obvious she could use the public heath legislation she used to shut the country down. So long as they deem it necessary to place controls and restrictions on other mass events no other event should be held without it. Its the usual from the SNP. Save me the ‘bUt ItS tHe Uk’ patter too, Glasgow city council (led by the SNP), Scottish Government (led by the SNP) were foaming at the mouth for cop26.

Any need for the insult ? 

I merely pointed out that this is a UK government event, and it has a high international profile. Do you honestly think that the Scottish government would step in and shut it down ? 

I realise that you're desperately trying to shoehorn an 'SNP baaaaad'  dig into every single post that you make, but your 'rEaSOniNg' is laughable. 

On 21/10/2021 at 21:01, Bob Mahelp said:

If you can find any single post I've ever made where I 'hope for restrictions', I'll gladly remove you from my list of moon howling fuckwits. 

What is 'weirdo behaviour of the highest order', is making a 100 posts on this thread every single day, copying confirmation bias tweets, and constantly, constantly, constantly telling people what your opinion is.....despite having no qualifications at all other than proclaiming yourself a self-appointed internet expert. 

Thinking that the whole world agrees with you because another dozen moonhowling loners on a football forum give you a reach around now again, also comes into the category 'weirdo behaviour'. 

Have a nice evening. 

On 21/10/2021 at 18:42, Bob Mahelp said:

Have you been reading this thread ? Welcome to the world of moonhowling fuckwits.

Very few of them ever go to football games I suspect. They're people who join a football forum to post all day like batshit mental zealots. 

On 21/10/2021 at 18:54, Bob Mahelp said:

That all you got bub ? Your tedious wee 5 year old insults ? 

Keep it up, who knows, you might even get to a fitba game one day if you can stay away from this thread. 

On 21/10/2021 at 18:55, Bob Mahelp said:

Hahahahaha. 

Another moonhowling fuckwit crawls out from under his rock. 

Loving it. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I merely pointed out that this is a UK government event, and it has a high international profile. Do you honestly think that the Scottish government would step in and shut it down ? 

I realise that you're desperately trying to shoehorn an 'SNP baaaaad'  dig into every single post that you make, but your 'rEaSOniNg' is laughable. 

Kermit GIF

34 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Ill take this point by point

1) Yes 

2) The Scottish government have a responsibility to ensure public services in Scotland including emergency provision (especially during a pandemic) are protected, they arent. Its not even that the Scottish Government haven’t shut the conference down, its the sheer lax attitude to it which is entirely the opposite approach to its attitude towards its own people. Then you have the strain on Scotland’s largest city, which has been further screwed over by the SNP led council by extending licensing hours and holding its own receptions in the city chambers. If you truly want to lay all the blame on UK gov then fine, but the actual facts don’t back up this argument. That’s also not me saying that the UK government arent culpable for this mess either, but lets not make out that the SNP aren’t salivating at the thought of Nicola getting her picture with heads of states. That’s what this is all about, especially given the conference itself is a busted flush with no China and no Russia. Im actually quite concerned about the potential for disorder further impacting people’s lives in Glasgow as a result of anger about a conference which looks doomed to fail. Countries attending have already ‘shown their hand’ in terms of what they are planning and its clearly not acceptable to prevent climate change and indeed appease those who are taking gradually more extreme action to protest this fact. 
3) I dont need to ‘shoehorn’ they’re doing a pretty grand job of it themselves. But the cult won’t ever accept a single shred of criticism. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nicola Sturgeon could stop it immediately. 

She’s playing a blinder here tho. Will get access to all the top delegates while it’s on, and if it goes pear shaped in a few weeks with a spike, she’ll blame Westminster for holding it at all.

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

She’s playing a blinder here tho. Will get access to all the top delegates while it’s on, and if it goes pear shaped in a few weeks with a spike, she’ll blame Westminster for holding it at all.

Absolutely and folk like wee helpmaboaby will absolutely eat it up. 
I cant wait for independence so we can get that cabal to f**k.

Thing is, for once Devi gets something right, delegates flying in without testing, being encouraged to open our homes to the same people, NHS GP surgeries being told to expect delegates to come and place further demand on their practices.
Public sector workers/emergency service workers being removed from Scotland’s communities for this vanity project that already looks like a damp squib. Thats all before you consider the disruption caused by bidding (by an snp led council, the same one which was shaming people for minor covid breaches is increasing licensing hours to put even more strain on) for an event that Glasgow has no where near the infrastructure required to hold effectively. Nicola Sturgeon could stop it immediately. 
I don't know where to begin with this inaccurate drivel.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I don't really understand how it could have any sort of massive impact on our numbers. There are already lots of people in Scotland with covid, and people are already allowed to move around freely and basically do whatever they want. A few extra people coming here from overseas for an event might lead to a handful of extra cases, but I don't really understand how that would translate to some enormous outbreak.

It's not May 2020 where we had no vaccines and a low level of natural immunity.

Unless there are some new dominant variants in the making that arrive here quicker and circumvent acquired immunity.