Coronavirus (COVID-19)

59 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure about that, I probably just quoted SG statements without comment.

Err, no.

You were confidently responding to people about when you expected the SG announcement to be made as though you were some sort of spokesman with insider info. I believe it was to be by the end of the week about three weeks ago.

You are a special kind of simp. Defend absolutely everything, then deny doing so when it doesn't happen.

Screenshot_20211023-193651_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Err, no.

You were confidently responding to people about when you expected the SG announcement to be made as though you were some sort of spokesman with insider info. I believe it was to be by the end of the week about three weeks ago.

You are a special kind of simp. Defend absolutely everything, then deny doing so when it doesn't happen.

Deary me. What a shambles.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Continuing to condense the entire content of every single one of your posts into these five words will improve the forum experience immensely.

Keep it up.

You're making a fool out of yourself bud, but keep on frothing. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Err, no.

Screenshot_20211023-193651_Opera.jpg

They announced they were going 4 nations on it on the Friday, you absolute muppet. I just called them out for stalling on their promise. You should get back to your alt right pals to check what "simp" means.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I don't know if this has been discussed on here before, however one of my friends has not been vaccinated due to rightly or wrongly not wanting the AZ vaccine.

She's 40, so right on the borderline and was basically frightened off with the negative publicity over bloodclots and then the Government "advising" against using it on the under 40's, which just made up her mind that it wasn't worth the risk.

She's tried on 3 separate occasions to book appointments for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and despite being assured on the phone this would be fine, she's been basically been told AZ or nothing when attending the vaccination centres so opted for nothing.

Surely there must be quite a few people in this similar situation and surely we're now in a position to offer people whatever vaccine they wish if it means more taking them up ???

My mum was hesitant and when she went for her appointment she was told it was AZ or nowt so she got it. Now she doesnt want a booster because shes not comfortable having had two AZ and now something else. They should have allowed people with AZ concerns to have one of the other ones. Absolutely bizarre when they were harking on about vaccine hesitancy yet didnt give people an alternative other than "nowt"

44 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My mum was hesitant and when she went for her appointment she was told it was AZ or nowt so she got it. Now she doesnt want a booster because shes not comfortable having had two AZ and now something else. They should have allowed people with AZ concerns to have one of the other ones. Absolutely bizarre when they were harking on about vaccine hesitancy yet didnt give people an alternative other than "nowt"

Yes, I could understand it when they had limited supplies but it just seems like little Hitler stuff now rather than the departments working together for a common good or even using their initiative at a local level.

Didn't happen.

Every imagined scenario you've made up over the last 18 months on this thread has been fucking laughable, all for some green dots from Oaksoft, Tod Is God, and Elixer. Utterly vomit enducing

14 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Didn't happen.

Every imagined scenario you've made up over the last 18 months on this thread has been fucking laughable, all for some green dots from Oaksoft, Tod Is God, and Elixer. Utterly vomit enducing

I'd lie about my mum getting AZ? Why the fck would someone lie about their 64 year old parent getting AZ. Jeez 🙄

32 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I could understand it when they had limited supplies but it just seems like little Hitler stuff now rather than the departments working together for a common good or even using their initiative at a local level.

They could do better at giving options for different venues, but they aren't going to start doling out selection boxes to GPs because they all have to be stored and handled differently, which means more room for error and other practical difficulties.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd lie about my mum getting AZ? Why the fck would someone lie about their 64 year old parent getting AZ. Jeez 🙄

Did you ever get round to sorting out your poor old mum with a vaccine certificate so she could go to the dancing? 

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They could do better at giving options for different venues, but they aren't going to start doling out selection boxes to GPs because they all have to be stored and handled differently, which means more room for error and other practical difficulties.

Yes, totally agree with this.

If someone appears at a drop in centre and different vaccines are available, then can't see why they shouldn't be able to get the one they wish if it isn't causing any issue.

This fixed nonsense about under 40 Pfizer, over 40 AZ isn't helping anyone, especially as the SG message is to get as many people inoculated as possible.

38 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Hahahahahaha

Thing is, for once Devi gets something right, delegates flying in without testing, being encouraged to open our homes to the same people, NHS GP surgeries being told to expect delegates to come and place further demand on their practices.
Public sector workers/emergency service workers being removed from Scotland’s communities for this vanity project that already looks like a damp squib. Thats all before you consider the disruption caused by bidding (by an snp led council, the same one which was shaming people for minor covid breaches is increasing licensing hours to put even more strain on) for an event that Glasgow has no where near the infrastructure required to hold effectively. Nicola Sturgeon could stop it immediately. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

"Tables put infection levels at ­between 17,000 and 44,000 daily ­infections (up from 2902 on Friday last week) in the worst case ­scenario, while the figures for central and best range from 11,000 to 17,000 and 2000 to 11,000."

Do these experts not realise that, each time they are spectacularly wrong, their credibility reduces even further? What is there to be achieved by saying this? Are they so useless at making actual predictions that covering their arses in case something bad happens is all they can do?

When the English cases level off and start to fall very soon, and COP26 produces absolutely no noticeable negative effect, these "experts" should be thanked for their input, ushered out the door, and invited to enjoy their night.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I can't read the article, but the headline provides a ridiculous claim that, far from being a "best case," almost certainly will not happen.
Do these experts not realise that, each time they are spectacularly wrong, their credibility reduces even further? What is there to be achieved by saying this? Are they so useless at making actual predictions that covering their arses in case something bad happens is all they can do?
When the English cases level off and start to fall very soon, and COP26 produces absolutely no noticeable negative effect, these "experts" should be thanked for their input, ushered out the door, and invited to enjoy their night.

Yep. The predictions and best case scenario stuff have long ago lost credibility. For the significant majority of these experts it’s about maintaining a public profile and hoping to be correct now and again so they can conveniently ignore all the stuff they get spectacularly wrong.

25 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

delegates flying in without testing

They all have to show proof of a negative test on arrival, and pass an LFT test every day they're here, vaccinated or not. Anyone who's been in a red country in the previous 10 days has to do managed hotel quarantine. I'm amazed anyone's coming.

Edited by welshbairn