Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Another one who has absolutely no understanding, or is wilfully ignoring cost/benefit.

We do have "tools" to cut cases. They almost all involve a fucking enormous cost, and not just financial either. They were almost all brought in to prevent bodies in the streets type scenarios, and were all brought in pre vaccines.

So you are really going to have to demonstrate an equivalent cost to tag on to the "do nothing" scenario, that makes the exorbitant cost of reopening furlough and setting the whole thing back months (if its not years)

This is bang on, and why we’re not locking down again.

The frustrating thing is we have people like @oaksoft deciding they don’t want to do the easy things like wearing a mask because “civil liberties”. There is almost no cost to that, but some people still push back. 

Edited by Wee Bully

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

The end or do you mean recovery?

Whatever. My therapist told me that practicing empathy would be a good move, I'm only a beginner, give me a chance!

Edited by welshbairn

15 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
15 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Quite a few folk on here and ones I know in real life have covid at the moment and are double vaccinated. Just shows what a mockery it makes of the covid passport system when these people could go to an event but an unvaccinated covid free person couldnt. The world is fucked...especially Australia 

Only an uber c**t would go to any event knowing they had Covid so it's not much of an argument. That goes for a vaccinated or unvaccinated being. Not sure how many times you need to be reminded that the motivation is not an attempt to stop infected people attending events as you constantly keep thinking it is.

15 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
I could be wrong but I took his point to be that they could go whilst pre-symptomatic.
Unless, of course, the 'experts' want us to forget their 18 months of scaremongering about asymptomatic / presymptomatic transmission but avoid outright admitting it was never really a big thing in the first place.

He saying folk positive for Covid "could" go to an event. That's total fuckwit behaviour vaccinated or not.

15 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Yeah I was meaning they could be asymptomatic and be allowed in. My aunt currently has it and had symptoms, but her son and his family didnt and theyd all been at a caravan last week. They all got tested and her daughter in law is also positive. 

So no problem then. Contacts test negative they go about their normal business. Hee haw to do with vaccine passports

So they don't go to an event then vaccinated or not, passport or not. No idea what point you are trying to make here. No one who gets a positive test should be going to any event whether that event requires a passport or not.
The passport is a (very crude) vaccine uptake tool, nothing more or less. You borderline anti vaxx stance will obviously not sit comfortably with that.

Can’t tell if you were being intentionally obtuse and misrepresenting what he was saying on purpose, or just dense. 

It was blatantly obvious he was meaning vaccinated people who were positive but didn’t know yet could go to events, whilst unvaccinated people that didn’t have Covid couldn’t.

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm a bit "chesty" this morning and slight nasal congestion. Slept for 8 hours and aches and pains are back to normal levels. In short, fighting fit.

I'll probably be on ventilation by lunch time.

I'll put the sausage rolls order on hold.

21 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Linda Bauld calling for restrictions to be re-introduced again on the BBC this morning  :lol: 

In Scotland, or is she talking about England here? Given her remit I assume the former, but sometimes people talk at cross purposes. 

The SG already has masks and vaccine passports so really the options available short of harder restrictions like enforced distancing in hospitality/leisure settings or restricting private gatherings are very limited. 

18 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Can’t tell if you were being intentionally obtuse and misrepresenting what he was saying on purpose, or just dense. 

It was blatantly obvious he was meaning vaccinated people who were positive but didn’t know yet could go to events, whilst unvaccinated people that didn’t have Covid couldn’t.

But that's a good thing as unvaccinated people who aren't positive would be at much greater risk of severe illness/hospitalisation/death if they attended an event and were infected by vaccinated people who are unaware that they're positive. Shirley?

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

But that's a good thing as unvaccinated people who aren't positive would be at much greater risk of severe illness/hospitalisation/death if they attended an event and were infected by vaccinated people who are unaware that they're positive. Shirley?

IMO they should be allowed to assess and take their own risk of attending such events, rather than be stopped entirely by the government.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

People that have chosen not to be vaccinated have made the choice to accept that risk.  Let them get on with it.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

IMO they should be allowed to assess and take their own risk of attending such events, rather than be stopped entirely by the government.

IMO that would be fine if the risk was only to themselves but it isn't. It increases the pressure on services which has the knock on effect for the care and treatment of others. 

16 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

IMO that would be fine if the risk was only to themselves but it isn't. It increases the pressure on services which has the knock on effect for the care and treatment of others. 

So if you don’t conform to what the government would like us to do you should be excluded from society?  Alchohol related incidents increase pressure on services and therefore impact the care and treatment for others.  Don’t see us making sections of society only open to teetotallers.

25 minutes ago, Left Back said:

People that have chosen not to be vaccinated have made the choice to accept that risk.  Let them get on with it.

But quite correctly there isn't an idiot lane at the NHS. There's no triage based on whether your ailment is self inflicted or not. Maybe there's an argument to be made there, but I don't think so. 

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

So if you don’t conform to what the government would like us to do you should be excluded from society?  Alchohol related incidents increase pressure on services and therefore impact the care and treatment for others.  Don’t see us making sections of society only open to teetotallers.

We restrict the sale of alcohol in a number of ways already. I don't think it's valid to say that the underage or the guy who can barely speak, has pished himself and keeps falling over is being "excluded from society" when the barkeep refuses service.

6 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

But quite correctly there isn't an idiot lane at the NHS. There's no triage based on whether your ailment is self inflicted or not. Maybe there's an argument to be made there, but I don't think so. 

We restrict the sale of alcohol in a number of ways already. I don't think it's valid to say that the underage or the guy who can barely speak, has pished himself and keeps falling over is being "excluded from society" when the barkeep refuses service.

That’s exactly the point.  People who abuse alchohol (and therefore put pressure on services) are not excluded from society.

As to your first point nae bother.  Cancer is it mate?  Ever smoked?  Your own fault then.  Get in this line over here and we’ll get round to you when we can.