Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Quite a few folk on here and ones I know in real life have covid at the moment and are double vaccinated. Just shows what a mockery it makes of the covid passport system when these people could go to an event but an unvaccinated covid free person couldnt. The world is fucked...especially Australia 

Quite a few folk on here and ones I know in real life have covid at the moment and are double vaccinated. Just shows what a mockery it makes of the covid passport system when these people could go to an event but an unvaccinated covid free person couldnt. The world is fucked...especially Australia 
Only an uber c**t would go to any event knowing they had Covid so it's not much of an argument. That goes for a vaccinated or unvaccinated being. Not sure how many times you need to be reminded that the motivation is not an attempt to stop infected people attending events as you constantly keep thinking it is.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Only an uber c**t would go to any event knowing they had Covid so it's not much of an argument. That goes for a vaccinated or unvaccinated being. Not sure how many times you need to be reminded that the motivation is not an attempt to stop infected people attending events as you constantly keep thinking it is.

I could be wrong but I took his point to be that they could go whilst pre-symptomatic.

Unless, of course, the 'experts' want us to forget their 18 months of scaremongering about asymptomatic / presymptomatic transmission but avoid outright admitting it was never really a big thing in the first place.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I could be wrong but I took his point to be that they could go whilst pre-symptomatic.

Unless, of course, the 'experts' want us to forget their 18 months of scaremongering about asymptomatic / presymptomatic transmission but avoid outright admitting it was never really a big thing in the first place.

Yeah I was meaning they could be asymptomatic and be allowed in. My aunt currently has it and had symptoms, but her son and his family didnt and theyd all been at a caravan last week. They all got tested and her daughter in law is also positive. 

He saying folk positive for Covid "could" go to an event. That's total fuckwit behaviour vaccinated or not.

Yeah I was meaning they could be asymptomatic and be allowed in. My aunt currently has it and had symptoms, but her son and his family didnt and theyd all been at a caravan last week. They all got tested and her daughter in law is also positive. 
So no problem then. Contacts test negative they go about their normal business. Hee haw to do with vaccine passports

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

So no problem then. Contacts test negative they go about their normal business. Hee haw to do with vaccine passports

Eh? One of her close contacts was her daughter in law who's also tested positve despite having no symptoms

Eh? One of her close contacts was her daughter in law who's also tested positve despite having no symptoms
So they don't go to an event then vaccinated or not, passport or not. No idea what point you are trying to make here. No one who gets a positive test should be going to any event whether that event requires a passport or not.
The passport is a (very crude) vaccine uptake tool, nothing more or less. You borderline anti vaxx stance will obviously not sit comfortably with that.

I see there’s another talking head calling for restrictions.

Tbh the fact that placing massive restrictions on people’s lives in order to ‘protect the NHS’ has become normalised is deeply worrying.

Dr Eleanor Gaunt, a virologist at Edinburgh University, said pressure on in Scottish hospitals was “only going to get worse” and called on ministers to reintroduce some restrictions to stem the case numbers.

“If you look at the causes that are underlying that it looks as though this is due to staff sickness and staff having to self-isolate and bed shortages as well and all of those factors are directly attributable to high case numbers of coronavirus.

“This is something we have intervention strategies to bring back under control and . . . in these areas and under this high pressure, it’s something we need to consider enacting now because it’s only going to get worse.”

Experts are warning not to rule out the prospect of a further lockdown if cases are not brought back under control.

Any fresh curbs on freedoms are likely to include capping the number of people allowed to attend indoor gatherings or the possible reintroduction of social distancing rules.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So they don't go to an event then vaccinated or not, passport or not. No idea what point you are trying to make here. No one who gets a positive test should be going to any event whether that event requires a passport or not.
The passport is a (very crude) vaccine uptake tool, nothing more or less. You borderline anti vaxx stance will obviously not sit comfortably with that.

They came back from the caravan on Monday. Hypothetically her daughter in law could have been at an event in any of the 3 days before she was tested. 

I'm very well aware the vaccine passport is about coercion, but there is still people out there who believe its "keeping them safe"

They came back from the caravan on Monday. Hypothetically her daughter in law could have been at an event in any of the 3 days before she was tested. 
I'm very well aware the vaccine passport is about coercion, but there is still people out there who believe its "keeping them safe"
You take that "risk" everywhere you go. I don't think many folk see the vaccine passport as "keeping them safe" even NS publicly states it's an uptake tool.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

He's a perfectionist in an imperfect world. Masks aren't 100% effective so dump them. Tests aren't 100% reliable, so don't bother. Vaccines don't protect you 100% so what's the point. Vaccine passports can be shared and forged, so they're useless. I'd have thought that there's a way around the passports would be welcomed, but there we are.

"We need restrictions because nurses are tired and sick" is an idea that can get fired into the sun rapid
Another one who has absolutely no understanding, or is wilfully ignoring cost/benefit.

We do have "tools" to cut cases. They almost all involve a fucking enormous cost, and not just financial either. They were almost all brought in to prevent bodies in the streets type scenarios, and were all brought in pre vaccines.

So you are really going to have to demonstrate an equivalent cost to tag on to the "do nothing" scenario, that makes the exorbitant cost of reopening furlough and setting the whole thing back months (if its not years)