Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The Sun (yes I know 🙄) already running a story about how everyone will need a booster for foreign travel. Colour me shocked 

Why don't we send the booster jags round the world and end this pandemic rather than turning it into a profit making excerise for the pharmaceuticals

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Why don't we send the booster jags round the world and end this pandemic rather than turning it into a profit making excerise for the pharmaceuticals

There's no political merit in doing the right thing for other countries.

Just now, hk blues said:

There's no political merit in doing the right thing for other countries.

There is if you're trying to brand yourself as "global Britain" whilst having your pants continually pulled down by trade deals with other countries.

Just now, 101 said:

There is if you're trying to brand yourself as "global Britain" whilst having your pants continually pulled down by trade deals with other countries.

Where I am, we are pretty much depending on donated vaccines.  Nobody on the ground knows where they come from, the politicians rarely if ever acknowledge where they came from or thank the donors in any was as this would underling how poor a job they were doing.  

51 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Where I am, we are pretty much depending on donated vaccines.  Nobody on the ground knows where they come from, the politicians rarely if ever acknowledge where they came from or thank the donors in any was as this would underling how poor a job they were doing.  

I think you get the majority of your AZ vaccine from Thailand, not donated I must add, just manufactured here.  I can't find the figures, of who gets what of the 10 million doses per month.

You're not doing great there with only 23% fully vaccinated.

We managed to get to 40% today.

Off to Sunderland for a family doo this weekend. Got tickets for Sunderland v Charlton on Saturday and have the app up and running just in case. Got Belfast next weekend so will 100% need it there, this might be a good trial.
Hopefully I don't return from England like another poster did in such a blind rage that I feel compelled to post that I want the NHS immediately privatised !!!

Having had to use my passport on Tuesday afternoon during a visit to Celtic park I got my app ready on route and opened up the second dose QR code expecting them to scan it, got near the gates and the wife just took a quick look at the home page of the app and no other questions asked.

I've been double vaccinated as has the missus, we've both tested positive last week and had this confirmed by the NHS PCR tests that were sent out.

If we'd had to go somewhere and show a passport in the day leading up to the test when we'd have likely already caught it I don't see how it would have made a difference. We would have been let in anyway.

It's fucking grim by the way.

Having had to use my passport on Tuesday afternoon during a visit to Celtic park I got my app ready on route and opened up the second dose QR code expecting them to scan it, got near the gates and the wife just took a quick look at the home page of the app and no other questions asked.
Oh Gav......

Big team found [emoji17]

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Off to Sunderland for a family doo this weekend. Got tickets for Sunderland v Charlton on Saturday and have the app up and running just in case. Got Belfast next weekend so will 100% need it there, this might be a good trial.
Hopefully I don't return from England like another poster did in such a blind rage that I feel compelled to post that I want the NHS immediately privatised !!!

You 100% will not need the app for the stadium of light or anywhere in the North East of England. You will hear the odd announcement about wearing masks and distancing in shops but no one bothers.

I went to the Sunderland v Newcastle under 23s game there on Monday night.  Neither team would sell me a ticket as it was category A game but a steward spotted me asking anyone if they had spares 3 minutes before kick off and said "are you a season ticket holder? to which i said no and he said "yes you are" and let me in for free. 

I was based in Newcastle and it felt odd checking into the room with no mask and the same going out and about but apart from seeing people getting off buses, masks are non existent. 

2,902 new cases of COVID-19 reported
35,188 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
8.8% of these were positive
19 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
60 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
894 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

Whilst I get Deepti Gurdasani's point RE: multi-layered approaches, it is still perfectly valid to question which layers actually work, and which layers are ineffective.

If experts wish to argue that masks are an effective layer, then (quite drastic) anomalies like Scotland & Wales require much deeper analysis and explanation than "they work, right."

If it is the case that masks only make a real difference if they are a "high grade" (whatever that means), and anything else is largely pointless then, if we are to continue to insist on mask wearing, we should ban the use of cheap fabric masks etc immediately.

I've not heard a single person (including Clownshoes or NS) advise against cheap pishy masks.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Whilst I get Deepti Gurdasani's point RE: multi-layered approaches, it is still perfectly valid to question which layers actually work, and which layers are ineffective.

If experts wish to argue that masks are an effective layer, then (quite drastic) anomalies like Scotland & Wales require much deeper analysis and explanation than "they work, right."

If it is the case that masks only make a real difference if they are a "high grade" (whatever that means), and anything else is largely pointless then, if we are to continue to insist on mask wearing, we should ban the use of cheap fabric masks etc immediately.

I've not heard a single person (including Clownshoes or NS) advise against cheap pishy masks.

Yep - look at Raghib's tweets. Especially number 5 of the thread - utterly senseless. As pointed out in some replies.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Yep - look at Raghib's tweets. Especially number 5 of the thread - utterly senseless. As pointed out in some replies.

I liked that John Burns Twitter guy linking to a study about two villages in Bangladesh and ignoring the mass experiment involving 60 million people in the UK.

The scientific equivalent of shagging a bird at your gran's bit.