Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

What social distancing?

There are 4 solutions to reduce case numbers among school aged children.

1. Do nothing. Allow cases to naturally peak. This is what we did.

2. Mass vaccinate school kids. Use gym halls like normal vaccine days.

3. Extend the Mid-Term holiday by one week and return on the 8th of November instead.

4. Close schools.

There is little point in introducing restrictions elsewhere to reduce cases, as the case numbers in all other age groups are relatively low and fairly stable.

I suspect the UK Gov is firmly in favour of option 1 and, given how it played out up here, that seems a fair decision.

Problem is the media have the bit between their teeth just now, and the UK Gov might just have to buckle and give in under the pressure

10 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Problem is the media have the bit between their teeth just now, and the UK Gov might just have to buckle and give in under the pressure

Hopefully not. Credit to NS, as a couple of months back she told them to sit down and shut up when rumours / pressure was circulating in the press up here. Reckon the UK Gov will do the same when push comes to shove.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

Normality in London this week has been absolutely fucking glorious, but has highlighted just how far behind in the Covid stone age Scotland is from moving on while the mandatory theatre persists. It's genuinely very sad and rather embarrassing.

As for the NHS weirdos who think our lives need to be restricted on and off like a tap to try and make theirs a bit easier can go to hell. Frankly, nothing could make me want to see it privatised more than the utter shit they are coming out with. Stay the f**k out of our lives, or give me a refund on my tax contributions to it, please.

Normality in London this week has been absolutely fucking glorious, but has highlighted just how far behind in the Covid stone age Scotland is from moving on while the mandatory theatre persists. It's genuinely very sad and rather embarrassing.
As for the NHS weirdos who think our lives need to be restricted on and off like a tap to try and make theirs a bit easier can go to hell. Frankly, nothing could make me want to see it privatised more than the utter shit they are coming out with. Stay the f**k out of our lives, or give me a refund on my tax contributions to it, please.
Fucking hell man. What a horrific take.

f**k me....really !

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

You try so hard to fit in by just jumping on whatever opinion is popular but make a complete arse of it every time 

13 minutes ago, Elixir said:

499349568_Screenshot_2021-10-21_17_21.10-removebg-preview(1).png.9d7015cee9dd7201e5c9425aab9fac2e.png

The more I read comments by folk who seem to believe that Covid is just something they can ignore, and that sensible measures to try to reduce it are somehow nothing to do with them, the more I understand why football supporters are generally held in such utter contempt. 

What a bunch of "I'm alright Jack" wastes of skin. 

28 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

PUBLIC health expert Devi Sridhar has forecast the return of tougher restrictions in Scotland as she agrees COP26 will "make Covid worse".

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19...-restrictions/

Pretty sure I saw her interviewed just 2 days ago saying "don't panic" over the recent rise in cases.

Devi clearly has no idea what will happen and is just covering all the bases to make sure she is on record saying what ends up being correct.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Every single person is selfish.

Every single one.

To pretend otherwise is infantile and to actually believe otherwise is beneath contempt.

Expected sort of response, but it's Bollocks.  Infantile behaviour is folk knowing what they should do, and refusing to do it. No better than the childish idiots who accosted staff in a hospital and handed them papers alleging "Nuremberg" trials pish, ot the diddies who put up a scaffold outside Parliament.   "Oooh, amn't I hard because I say I'm standing up to the" Man". Away and lie in yer ain pish. 😂

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

So pleased to hear that Convivial fraternal spirit can stop Covid.

Be a shame if covid was to do the rounds through some of ruddy-faced, obese boomers on those benches but at least they've got their conviviality and a free bar.

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

My paper vaccine passport arrived today. What is there to stop me giving this to someone else to use to enter a venue?

This just rips my knitting. 

It’s like me saying that I've just got a new car. What’s to stop my pal, who isn’t insured, from driving it?  The answer is “nothing”, unless he gets caught. Oh yes, and my duty to society not to be a dick and let him drive it in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s like me saying that I've just got a new car. What’s to stop my pal, who isn’t insured, from driving it?  The answer is “nothing”, unless he gets caught. Oh yes, and my duty to society not to be a dick and let him drive it in the first place. 

"duty to society" :lol: :lol: :lol: 

This is the first interaction I've had with it, so it was a genuine question. Maybe direct your hysterical shite to an appropriate source - wonder why this society-dependent measure that just needs to exist can so easily have the pish ripped out of it. But nah, I'm sure it's all just scum like me who're spoiling things, not those mandating it who clearly have no idea what they're doing.

"duty to society" [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] 
This is the first interaction I've had with it, so it was a genuine question. Maybe direct your hysterical shite to an appropriate source - wonder why this society-dependent measure that just needs to exist can so easily have the pish ripped out of it. But nah, I'm sure it's all just scum like me who're spoiling things, not those mandating it who clearly have no idea what they're doing.
Put it up for sale on Gumtree then send a screenshot to Wee Bully just for the tears it'll cause.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It’s always good to see Thatchers children in here. 

11 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I can only assume they want biometric scanning to make it 100% secure unless an unvaccinated fraudster is willing to rip your eye out to get into the dancing.