Coronavirus (COVID-19)

47.1% of English cases today in those aged under 20, and all the chat is about demanding restrictions on adults.

Thankfully schools are off next week which should slow rates down and buy some time to flush these moonhowlers' heads down the toilet.

It's been touched on before on this thread but it's absolutely incredible how (frankly nuclear) mitigation steps like fucking lockdowns have become a popular tool that people call for at the first opportunity.

Edited by Todd_is_God

10 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Talk this morning the UK Government are drafting a plan C that will put restrictions on household mixing again.

Surely to f**k it’s just a bluff to get booster rates up and possibly justify bringing in the vaccine passports.

Source? 

Interesting wee snippet on Valneva. After Sajid Javid told the commons that "the Valneva contract was cancelled as it is unlikely to get MHRA approval" the sleekit lying little shit went back and corrected Hansard to say " the Valneva contract was cancelled as it does not have MHRA approval" (as it hasn't completed the approval process yet).

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Talk this morning the UK Government are drafting a plan C that will put restrictions on household mixing again.

Surely to f**k it’s just a bluff to get booster rates up and possibly justify bringing in the vaccine passports.

Given the knock on implications of that -

Distancing in hospitality (otherwise what is the point) / reduction in ability to trade / business support grants / furlough 

Then I can't see that happening at all. I could see them, like you say, using it as a justification for the passports, though

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Interesting account but not surprising in the slightest. Their decision to hive off a new climate change group was the key tell that this is was an insidious lobby group interested in self-promotion above all else. 

Look forward to shrieking tirades on Channel 4 News/Newsnight soon about how the proles need to give up bacon rolls so that the professional middle class can feel content that the UK is 'making a difference'. 

58 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Given the knock on implications of that -

Distancing in hospitality (otherwise what is the point) / reduction in ability to trade / business support grants / furlough 

Then I can't see that happening at all. I could see them, like you say, using it as a justification for the passports, though

An easy way to work out if the UK Govt will do something is if it would involve bringing back furlough. If it does, it's not going to happen. Can already see ministers promoting mask wearing again as an alternative- as Javid did yesterday 

Edited by sparky88

An easy way to work out if the UK Govt will do something is if it would involve bringing back furlough. If it does, it's not going to happen. Can already see ministers promoting mask wearing again as an alternative- as Javid did yesterday 
Either way though, we are definitely returning to blanket coverage of teasing and threatening various restrictions for a few months now. I found this aspect the absolute worst in terms of my own mental health last year. It had me fuming all the time, so I am saddened to see thats what we are back to.

16 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The biggest worry in Scotland I’d suggest, is if England bring in measures such as face coverings or light use of vaccine passports (like out current set up), what does the SG do to amplify / tighten ours?

Vaccine passports for all hospitality, events , non essential shops?

Attend school or work in person, only if you’ve been vaccinated?

They will need to be seen to be doing something more and it’ll be an absolute shit show.