Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Javid has just made clear that if folk don't get vaccinated and do the behavioural changes that we all know about - he specifically mentioned wearing masks - there WILL be restrictions brought back.  It's so blindingly obvious that he really shouldn't have to say it. 

It takes pressure of the Gov and means the unvaccinated will become the scapegoats should the inevitable restrictions be reintroduced.

Cue the vigilante attacks and facebook witch hunts on those evil unvaccinated folk who caused the winter lockdown of 2021 / 2022........

31 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Remember the news headlines about 10 months ago "15 million jags to freedom" when it was supposedly just for the elderly and vulnerable. Now it's all about boosters. 

If the experts recommend a booster then I'll be getting a booster. The annoying thing for me though is the messaging. We've been told from the get go that once case numbers go down we can go back to normal, once the elderly are vaccinated we can go back to normal, once everyone has been double jabbed, once the death rate comes down etc. There always seems to be something else around the corner and while the people on charge aren't really responsible for that, they really need to stop the "nearly there" messaging when they have no idea what's coming next. 

Out in Glasgow today on a rare midweek day off with Mrs a-p for a wee bit shopping, an afternoon tea (The Ivy, recommended) and a few drinks.

Mask wearing uniformly complied with all afternoon in the shops, hit the pubs 4 pm and it started the same but now it’s 7pm and no one bothering a shite and just getting on with having their own decent time. And not one establishment has made any effort on the track and trace.  

Good. Good luck anyone trying any enforcement on the weegie populace. 

7 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Not sure tbh. A mentalist pal of mine text me in a pretty vague way that we are away to have a stop the clock type story break before the week is out. Was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

Likely pish mind, as he’s pretty deep in these conspiracies.

Didn't know that you and @Detournement knew each other offline tbh. 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

NHS bosses want restrictions at sub 50k cases and Javid warns cases could rise to 100k a day. Clear collision course looks to be set here.

I suspect Javid will quite rightly, be pointing at the trajectory in Scotland as justification for no new restrictions. 

NHS managers squealing for restrictions to make their job easier. Meanwhile there was some clown from Scotland's fire service this evening telling people to not let off fireworks on November 5th because they've got to do extra work that night. Instead, they should 'watch a fireworks display on TV'. Good shout M8.

mourinho-jose-mourinho.gif.4ffcca5a2c8ef4e6b4a7d11893a502dc.gif

I've got little time for fireworks on November 5th at all, but even less for these fucking losers who now think that it is the UK public's job to make their day at the office as straightforward as possible. Get back in your respective boxes. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Is it bad that contracting covid when you are unvaccinated means you are almost 5 times as likely to die compared to doubly vaccinated people?

Yes.

Yes, it absolutely is bad.

I'm talking about a fatality rate of 3.2% for vaccinated over 60s. 

Pre vaccine the fatality rate was 3.1% for for 64-74. It could be that over 75s are skewing it but that should be more than balanced out by 60-64s and the removal of unhealthy unvaxxed people. 

Edited by Detournement

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The comparison is between vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

You are certainly misinterpreting the pre-vaccine data but after a year of you doing this, I can't be arsed digging to show where you are doing it.

You are normally guilty of comparing apples with oranges. Your error will be in that area somewhere.

No idea whether you do this deliberately or because you don't know any better but I'll leave it to others to point out your specific error.

Sure you could...

All I think here is that Conway has fucked up his numbers.