Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 minutes ago, Michael W said:
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing
Must be just shy of 800k tests a day being made in England. England reports LFTs (assuming that people bother their arse recording them, I didn't on the two occasions I had to take one). 
At any rate, just under 1.5% of the population being tested every day. Nuts.

The thing is the public are doing it voluntarily.

I honestly don't know anyone who's taken a home test other than a couple of schoolteachers who take 2 per week for work purposes.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Michael W said:
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing
Must be just shy of 800k tests a day being made in England. England reports LFTs (assuming that people bother their arse recording them, I didn't on the two occasions I had to take one). 
At any rate, just under 1.5% of the population being tested every day. Nuts.

The thing is the public are doing it voluntarily.

Schools ask for twice weekly testing. How much of it is in line with that, and how much is voluntary, I don't know. 

There is clearly a significant amount of people that are testing themselves, though. I will only test myself if I am actually unwell. I'd tested myself previously when I had a bit of a cough and had to go into the office, but otherwise wouldn't have bothered for just a cough. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

I don't understand this, do people report negative LFTs? The positivity stats must be way off.  

I assume that at least some must do it. There was an article a while back about a huge amount of "missing" LFTs, which presumably was mostly down to people not reporting results. 

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Must say I find it odd the number of separist supporters who are following what Javid says.

Nothing to do with Scotland what he says?

Course it is. The UK Gov hold all the strings where covid restrictions are concerned.

If they bring back distancing or close anything, Sturgeon would immediately do the same here, regardless of whether it looks to be needed or not.

You really could have just stopped there.
There's something very wrong with people who do stuff like this.
There's really no words to describe other people who think doing this is somehow OK or that there's a "grey area".

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it was a new paragraph and you maybe didn't direct that at me. I have at no point defended his actions.

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Course it is. The UK Gov hold all the strings where covid restrictions are concerned.

If they bring back distancing or close anything, Sturgeon would immediately do the same here, regardless of whether it looks to be needed or not.

Of course she would. She’d make sure though to do it a week or two later, or a week or two earlier than Westminster, whichever suited her and made it look like the SNP government were walking a different path.

The 6 o Clock news headlines just battered in. Who knew that the words ‘face coverings’ would be front and centre? Hold on, every chunt would know that.

It’s all that really matters. I said it months ago ‘It’ll be all about facemasks’… and it is. The way they talk about them, it’s as if they hold magic powers. We never made them discretionary in Scotland, and we were Europe’s Covid capital. If England make them mandatory again, it’ll achieve the square root of fcuk all, or maybe not fcuk all, but so little it might as well be fcuk all. Folk will simply dig out the fashion polyester facemasks with printed leopardskin patterns or football club logos etc, or will walk about them hanging off their chin.

Facemasks. They’ll have us wearing the fcuking things in our own beds and in the shower soon. They’re magic. All powerful and the secret weapon in Holyrood and Westminster’s arsenal.

I think the Saudis should simply put a facemask in charge at St James Park. Easy the Toon, champions for sure.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Javid has just made clear that if folk don't get vaccinated and do the behavioural changes that we all know about - he specifically mentioned wearing masks - there WILL be restrictions brought back.  It's so blindingly obvious that he really shouldn't have to say it. 

But if they're telling folk to do it and "Do our bit" then the fuckers might consider doing it themselves.

_121138696_hi070391342.jpg

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

But if they're telling folk to do it and "Do our bit" then the fuckers might consider doing it themselves.

Journalist just referred to that.  He seemed genuinely embarrassed and confirmed that everyone had to play their part..... Will he be wearing a mask in the Commons next time... Doubt it. 

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No need for facemasks. Those two bits of perspex either side of the bloke on the right could stop an Exocet missile in its tracks. Not sure it’ll be much good in stopping airborne snottery Covid-riddled sneezes though.

Edited by pozbaird

20 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The irony of them sitting in the indoor enclosed space of the press conference without them, wasn't lost on me either.