Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

ScotRail bodying a weirdo for taking pics of ransoms on public transport.

Hopefully that’s her texting the polis’ saying there’s a creepy fcuker on the train taking photos of her on their mobile.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

That’s a given.  Not in dispute.  Hopefully the lassie in the photo has an ex named John that gives Gordon a leathering.

Curious to know if he’s actually breaking the law here though.

You can pretty freely take pictures of public in a public place (which I assume public transport would come under) as long as they aren't indecent. It could possibly considered harassment mind you.

https://www.blpawards.org/competition/photo-rights

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

You can pretty freely take pictures of public in a public place (which I assume public transport would come under) as long as they aren't indecent. It could possibly considered harassment mind you.

https://www.blpawards.org/competition/photo-rights

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dunno in terms of civil law and image rights but no nothing criminal.

Cheers.  I asked because I vaguely recall something in the news recently about smart doorbells taking photos without consent and the courts ruling it unlawful.  Didn’t pay a huge amount of attention to it right enough.

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Cheers.  I asked because I vaguely recall something in the news recently about smart doorbells taking photos without consent and the courts ruling it unlawful.  Didn’t pay a huge amount of attention to it right enough.

Pretty sure that headline didn't reflect the full story, they did have a Ring doorbell but the CCTV cameras were more of a problem than the Ring. Don't recall seeing that a Ring doorbell was by itself unlawful

51 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Pretty sure that headline didn't reflect the full story, they did have a Ring doorbell but the CCTV cameras were more of a problem than the Ring. Don't recall seeing that a Ring doorbell was by itself unlawful

It was the ring doorbell that was the main issue, although the camera was also ring.  It was recording the neighbours garden both visual and audio and although the activation area is configurable, the capture area is not.  It was found to be in breach of GDPR and harassment.