Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Anyone else been absolutely floored by this b*****d of a cold / flu that's going around?
I feel genuinely worse than I did when I had the 'Rona.
I had it for about 3 weeks, then I got better. Then a more traditional cold appeared this week and it now seems determined to burrow into my chest too. My work is rife with ill c***s as is my house. I suspect it will be thus until around April.

10 hours ago, Gaz said:

Anyone else been absolutely floored by this b*****d of a cold / flu that's going around?

Both my wife and I. Not Covid: we do regular tests  and had our booster/flu shots yesterday. Also instructed  to go to A & E

with a persistent heavy nosebleed caused by too much nose blowing. Thank God for the NHS.

Buy Shares in Kleenex.

14 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

You mean the one that lasts for about 2 weeks, ends with howking up litres of gunk n coughing like f**k?

Aye. Aye I have.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
14 hours ago, Gaz said:

I had it for about 3 weeks, then I got better. Then a more traditional cold appeared this week and it now seems determined to burrow into my chest too. My work is rife with ill c***s as is my house. I suspect it will be thus until around April.

3 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Both my wife and I. Not Covid: we do regular tests  and had our booster/flu shots yesterday. Also instructed  to go to A & E

with a persistent heavy nosebleed caused by too much nose blowing. Thank God for the NHS.

Buy Shares in Kleenex.

I'm on day four and still feeling grim. What made it worse is that I've been trying to get back into working out over the past couple of weeks, on Tuesday I did a 5km run and a leg day at the gym for the first time in months so have had some absolutely horrific DOMS thrown in the mix as well.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'm on day four and still feeling grim. What made it worse is that I've been trying to get back into working out over the past couple of weeks, on Tuesday I did a 5km run and a leg day at the gym for the first time in months so have had some absolutely horrific DOMS thrown in the mix as well.

Our sympathies! We are on day 10 and still at the horrible coughing, sneezing, snotting, stage. Tissues are currently almost as hard to get as bogrolls were.

The changes made cos of Rona in my 5 star AI in Tenerife are good as far as I am concerned.
No barging buffet bullshit being the best.
All breakfast , lunch and dinner are booked on a simple app by reservation. Drinks looked after personally.
AI armbands now incorporate a chip that gets you into your room and also confirms when you turn up for your reservation.
As for mask they are part of the law here and worn by everyone when indoors or on the move. No one seems to have any thoughts of riots on the streets.
All in all actually a better experience than last time I was in same hotel 2 years ago.
Oh the 27 degrees and no clouds is not bad either.

Sorry no covid updates for a week.

482607f23d7d9876bf2370ecf0a2d9f9.jpg

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

The changes made cos of Rona in my 5 star AI in Tenerife are good as far as I am concerned.
All breakfast , lunch and dinner are booked on a simple app by reservation. Drinks looked after personally.
AI armbands now incorporate a chip that gets you into your room and also confirms when you turn up for your reservation.
As for mask they are part of the law here and worn by everyone when indoors or on the move. No one seems to have any thoughts of riots on the streets.
All in all actually a better experience than last time I was in same hotel 2 years ago.

No worries, nobody dies at the weekend here anyway. We expect you back at work in a week though, no room for slackers!

30 minutes ago, superbigal said:

482607f23d7d9876bf2370ecf0a2d9f9.jpg

Importantly - is the Brazilian open yet?…

On 01/10/2021 at 11:53, Les Cabbage said:

I know this was posted from a conspiracy theorist detournement moon howling perspective but could it just be that having everyone locked up in their homes for 18 months, eating takeaways and watching Dancing on Ice could have a detrimental impact to their health?

And it’s 0 surprise that it appears to be in the least affluent part of the country too, the social problems we have in this country are devastating.

What explains this then?

FB2FH8IWEAUnvWP?format=jpg&name=900x900

Since I don't have a passport or driver's license and would like to go to gigs I need to get a paper copy of my vaccine status. On the page for doing this, it tells me this:

Please only request a paper copy of your vaccination record if you are travelling in the next 14 days. The name and address on your vaccination record will match the information on your GP patient record at the time of your first vaccination. If your address on your status is out of date you can still use it for international travel, providing your name and date of birth are correct.

Get, and I cannot state this strongly enough, fucked.

Since I don't have a passport or driver's license and would like to go to gigs I need to get a paper copy of my vaccine status. On the page for doing this, it tells me this:
Please only request a paper copy of your vaccination record if you are travelling in the next 14 days. The name and address on your vaccination record will match the information on your GP patient record at the time of your first vaccination. If your address on your status is out of date you can still use it for international travel, providing your name and date of birth are correct.
Get, and I cannot state this strongly enough, fucked.

Just request it - they don't check if you are using it for international travel - it arrives 2-3 days later.