Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

By the way in addition to the above change from PCR to LFT for travel announced for 24 October. Just coincidence in the timing I'm sure. Hopefully as normal we follow suit although no doubt after a week or so of extra hand wringing.

I land at 1.50am on the 24th October so nice timing.  Should be able to book some cheap shite on the 22nd.

Albeit "Rogue outfit" Expert Medicals are only £28 for the day 2 PCR anyway.

Edited by superbigal

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Because regardless if you agree with them or not they're discriminatory.

Im not sure if they could be considered discriminatory as long as they continue with exemptions for those who can't have the vaccine for medical reasons and everyone who requires them has had the opportunity to be vaccinated.

The objection is more because they appear to be pointless given that vaccination does not prevent transmission and, whilst relatively benign in isolation, do represent an infringement on civil liberties that could go further on the next occasion.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Laughably the main BBC headline is now "tens of thousands" given wrong Covid test results. It really is ridiculously easy for this govt to get the MSM to do their "heavy lifting"

That is unbelievable almost as if the Thick of It scene when tucker goes over the the news room and gets then to change the story, is an accurate version of events.

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I land at 1.50am on the 24th October so nice timing.  Should be able to book some cheap shite on the 22nd.

Albeit "Rogue outfit" Expert Medicals are only £28 for the day 2 PCR anyway.

Nice find, most of the "cheap" ones on the Government recommended list end up being £125 when you check the site or you need to get your sample taken in a Peterborough lock up or something. Officially the change doesn't happen till 4am on the 24th, so your PLF algorithm might not accept an LFT. For the sake of a few quid you might be safer sticking with a PCR at that price.

P.S. All the other changes like traffic light ones have happened at 4am anyway, and they've been ultra strict on it.

Edited by welshbairn

That is unbelievable almost as if the Thick of It scene when tucker goes over the the news room and gets then to change the story, is an accurate version of events.
The actual article isn't even specifically about false negative PCRs but it's now the main headline on their mobile site with number 2 the false negative story. A full on "get it into folks minds LFTs are as good as PCR" mind warp despite the same govt and media spending the last 18 months insisting the exact opposite was true.

As you say Tucker (or a posh Eton, Tory version) seems alive and well.

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

I’m curious.   What’s his current net worth?  Giving up $15m a year isn’t really a big deal if you have $50m in the bank already.

Google says that he is worth $90m - he’s been a top NBA player for a decade and will have been paid hundreds of millions of dollars in that time frame, both in salary and endorsements.

Still, there is no shortage of super rich American sportsmen who have gone bankrupt. AlsoIrving is an absolute moon howler, 

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

His net worth as at end of 2021 was $90m.  I'd say giving up 15+% of your net worth is pretty significant but it would depend on how much of that $90m was directly related to playing and how much income from investments.  

My heart bleeds for him.  what will he live on?

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Google says that he is worth $90m - he’s been a top NBA player for a decade and will have been paid hundreds of millions of dollars in that time frame, both in salary and endorsements.

Still, there is no shortage of super rich American sportsmen who have gone bankrupt. AlsoIrving is an absolute moon howler, 

The article I read said he has previously apologised for being a flat earther, and has recently been tweeting about microchips in the Moderna vaccine.

76129BE0-5752-4E7F-AC34-93B653250600.png

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

My heart bleeds for him.  what will he live on?

Quite.

Doesn't change the fact that he's allowing his rather extreme views to cost himself $15m+ x whatever.  A man of conviction some might say...

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Nice find, most of the "cheap" ones on the Government recommended list end up being £125 when you check the site or you need to get your sample taken in a Peterborough lock up or something. Officially the change doesn't happen till 4am on the 24th, so your PLF algorithm might not accept an LFT. For the sake of a few quid you might be safer sticking with a PCR at that price.

P.S. All the other changes like traffic light ones have happened at 4am anyway, and they've been ultra strict on it.

You are probably correct I did not see the 4am time.

As a code is all I give a flying feck about I will go with this mob as advised at £28.   

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/green-list-day-2-testing-package

If you need or want something more "reputable" ie when important you need results back to fly going out somewhere.   Then Randox with the Ryanair or Easyjet discount codes are £43.  Drop boxes all over the place,

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

You are probably correct I did not see the 4am time.

As a code is all I give a flying feck about I will go with this mob as advised at £28.   

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/green-list-day-2-testing-package

If you need or want something more "reputable" ie when important you need results back to fly going out somewhere.   Then Randox with the Ryanair or Easyjet discount codes are £43.  Drop boxes all over the place,

Most places flying out just ask for an LFT if anything, found this one that looks ok for £23, and you get the certificate in minutes. https://www.chronomics.com/fit-to-fly-antigen

Randox worked fine for me, but I get a bit nervous when the sample has to be trucked down to the central belt from Inverness and presumably flown over to Belfast for processing, with the clock ticking down. They seem to have it all worked out though.

56 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

AlsoIrving is an absolute moon howler, 

Irving is one of the most entertaining players in the NBA. An incredible ball handler and point guard. 

However he's absolutely a fucking crackpot. Headed down the flat earth rabbit hole a while back and now he's got this nonsense going on. 

Have to laugh at the Italians. Talks of strike threats over workplace passport requirements. They have a defacto strike anyway with an estimated 3m+ workers not double vaccinated in non exempt occupations now unable to work. They haven't really thought this one through.
Perhaps people who ARE vaccinated but are against vaccine passports also wish to take action against discriminatory policy rather than simply shrugging and seeing those 3 million people shovelled onto the breadline?

Perhaps people who ARE vaccinated but are against vaccine passports also wish to take action against discriminatory policy rather than simply shrugging and seeing those 3 million people shovelled onto the breadline?
I dare say they do but it doesn't detract from the 3m who can't work, how do the Italians plug that hole even without strikes. The Italian govt need to act pronto is the point even without a strike. You can't just remove 3m+ people from the workforce at a stroke and expect an economy / country to keep functioning as before.

28 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I dare say they do but it doesn't detract from the 3m who can't work, how do the Italians plug that hole even without strikes. The Italian govt need to act pronto is the point even without a strike. You can't just remove 3m+ people from the workforce at a stroke and expect an economy / country to keep functioning as before.

They can just ask Boris and co how it's gone for us.