Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

It won't happen here.

Far too many unquestionably accept everything the SNP does, and those that voice disagreement are instantly dismissed as "yoons" or "tories"

I still don't comprehend what the actual issue is about the covid passport ??

There's much more important things to be "hitting the streets" over and yet nobody cares, so there aint any chance that we're going to see any sort of "civil unrest" here, that's for sure.

Well, not while the Internet is still functioning and the likes of Strictly is on the TV........

56 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Nicola’s disciples tell us the opposite is true and the media queue up for a bit of SNP bashing.

I can only assume that you've never read The Mail, The Express or The Scotsman ???

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

UK Government providing extra funding for GP’s to bring in locums for more facevto face appointments.

great plan.  We have a finite number of GP’s.  Where will these extra GP’s come from to even start clearing the backlog?

We could train HGV drivers to do it , there is a plethora of those ….

Edited by bishopburn boy
Effing auto -co - wrong

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Nowhereman said:
Proof of vaccine is the easy part as far as travelling abroad is concerned. All you have to do is download a copy of your vaccine record. It is the passenger locator form and the necessity to organise tests that is the expensive and time consuming part.

Not quite - there were issues with getting some countries to accept the initial vaccine certificates - the ones that didn't have QR codes.

And yet the USA provide, and the UK and EU accept this - 

image.png.28595be21fb944b4f8b571753c156ddc.png

Edited by strichener

You are going to to hate this -
https://inews.co.uk/news/world/covid-face-masks-europe-eu-spain-france-italy-ireland-uk-rules-1247113?ITO=newsnow

Face masks: How EU countries have embraced face coverings in pandemic to bring down the Covid infection rate

‘Without a doubt, the combination of wearing masks and the fast vaccination programme has brought the coronavirus contagion rate down in Spain’

As Britain was warned by a Government adviser to wear masks again to stop the spread of Covid-19, flu and colds this winter, across the Channel, EU nations are generally keener to put on face coverings to fight the pandemic.
Susan Michie, a member of scientific advisory board Sage, criticised ministers for failing to enforce the wearing of masks in indoor crowded spaces and said face coverings were vital for keeping people out of the health service over the winter.

We are in Mallorca currently. It’s absolutely clear that the locals here and by extension the tourists are completely accepting that if you are going into a hotel, bar, restaurant, supermarket or shop then you have to have a face covering on. No exceptions allowed.

It’s probably been mentioned but Brooklyn Nets NBA superstar Kyrie Irving is declining the vaccine. Due to the vaccine mandates in New York he now basically can’t play this season and will likely forfeit $15m in salary this season and will lose the prospect of a mega $120m contract due to this. He could play away games but the Nets have said they aren’t going to pick him. 

A guy that occasionally comes in to the pub for a pint. Plays golf. Walks 18 holes no bother. Probably a bit overweight, and I believe diabetic. Early sixties, double jabbed. Died tonight after catching Covid. Not sure what to think.

52 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s probably been mentioned but Brooklyn Nets NBA superstar Kyrie Irving is declining the vaccine. Due to the vaccine mandates in New York he now basically can’t play this season and will likely forfeit $15m in salary this season and will lose the prospect of a mega $120m contract due to this. He could play away games but the Nets have said they aren’t going to pick him. 

I’m curious.   What’s his current net worth?  Giving up $15m a year isn’t really a big deal if you have $50m in the bank already.

1 hour ago, GTee said:

A guy that occasionally comes in to the pub for a pint. Plays golf. Walks 18 holes no bother. Probably a bit overweight, and I believe diabetic. Early sixties, double jabbed. Died tonight after catching Covid. Not sure what to think.

Four of us went to Hampden on Saturday.  Two in our mid 50s, one mid 40s and the other early 80s.  All double jabbed.

90 mins travel by car each way.  All sat at same table at pub before and after.  Sat next to each other at the match.

At work on Monday I felt fine but late in the afternoon I started to get the off cough, nothing heavy or persists but something I wary of do left early and fid an LFT when I got home, negative. 

Cough got worse during the night but other than that I still felt fine but to be on the safe side I got a PCR first thing Tuesday morning and informed my boss I would work from home as a precaution.  I informed my 3 mates of this in case they might be at risk.

Wednesday morning I was confirmed positive.  Informed my mates and colleagues again including the fact I was initially negative with an LFT but positive less that 12 hrs later by PCR.

When I called the 82yr old on Wednesday to inform him I was positive from a PCR after a negative LFT and that he should go get tested and not let his son come up and drive him to Tesco.  So what did he do?  Got his son up, did an LFT and off they went to Tesco.

Since then one of mates has tested positive (Thursday) while another is negative. My partner who did a PCR on Tuesday and got a negative result has now went and got another as has had three positIve LFTs since, despite us self isolating from each other as best we could since my symptoms started showing. The only person Test &Protect reckoned could be a possible close contact through work has tested negative and I do not think that will change due to the nature of our contact.

I am annoyed at possibly putting myself (and others) in this position as I am usually very careful due to the nature of my job and the fact I have been pretty involved in areas of Covid prevention/dealing with positive cases since the pandemic started and have seen colleagues and family members suffer from it and in one case a friend die from it.

On Saturday (which Test & Protect have deemed my day of infection) I questioned the 82yr old prior to us departing if he was well enough to go due to him feeling rough.  He assured me it was definitely a combination of having a wee head cold and six pints the night before and it was definitely not Covid related. I trusted his judgement.

Now he may be or may not be the positive contact for me and my mate but with the benefit of hindsight I should have refused to take the risk. 

Today after being told my mate was positive and that my partner was going for another test I called the 82yr.  it appears he had still made no plans to go get tested as he now feels "right as rain".  I reiterated that even if he was not positive when we first met on Saturday he might be from me...he then said he might go to the walk-in test centre close to his house...he still does not get it and to be honest, I doubt he ever will. 

Even if he does go and was the contact for us, he might not show positive, as from what he said on Saturday it is possibly more than 10 days since he first experienced his "head cold".

On the flip side.  My sister who refused her vaccination until ",there was more proof of the benefits opposed to the negatives" just got out the Covid ward on Wednesday vowing to accept every Covid injection offered to her.

The "smoothing of the way" for the change from PCR to LFT well under way in the always compliant media. After yesterday's "LFTs are way more accurate than we thought " story, today it's a headline that there have been false negative PCRs.

By all means transition away from PCR testing for travel return tests, it's the right thing to do but spare us the sanctimonious bullshit that suddenly LFTs are "accurate" and PCRs might not be so to try and somehow justify the decision.

7 hours ago, Left Back said:

I’m curious.   What’s his current net worth?  Giving up $15m a year isn’t really a big deal if you have $50m in the bank already.

His net worth as at end of 2021 was $90m.  I'd say giving up 15+% of your net worth is pretty significant but it would depend on how much of that $90m was directly related to playing and how much income from investments.  

15 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

As a fully paid up and diligent Nicola disciple I just want to have a quick chuckle at the idea that vaccine passports and other public health measures are actually part of a devious plan to permanently steal people's freedom.

Perhaps not, but the indefinite extension of emergency COVID powers might be.