Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

My memory might be playing tricks on me but I'm pretty sure they handed it to me that day and that was around the mid 80s too - a year or two before you.

Mine was a 1 year passport at the time so maybe that's why I got it that day. Was it called a Visitor Passport or something? Can't recall. Seem to remember it only costing £10 or so too.

Yes, that sounds like a Visitor passport, you used to be able to go to the Post Office and get one on the spot. I think with the introduction of the new passport the visitors one was stopped.

Proof of vaccine is the easy part as far as travelling abroad is concerned. All you have to do is download a copy of your vaccine record. It is the passenger locator form and the necessity to organise tests that is the expensive and time consuming part.
Not quite - there were issues with getting some countries to accept the initial vaccine certificates - the ones that didn't have QR codes.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Jesus fucking wept.

Other counties are demanding either PCR/LFTs or proof of vaccination.

You really are a fucking simpleton.

Such an angry man. A negative LFT is a piece of piss to get by, you take one at home by yourself and you've got the result there as proof. If this country only demanded that from people it would be largely fine travelling abroad, but they want you to use their own app which isn't reliable and also appears to struggle to find the details of some people. Quite why you've flown off the handle at the suggestion that vaccine passports are causing more hassle than they're worth is anyone's guess.

Such an angry man. A negative LFT is a piece of piss to get by, you take one at home by yourself and you've got the result there as proof. If this country only demanded that from people it would be largely fine travelling abroad, but they want you to use their own app which isn't reliable and also appears to struggle to find the details of some people. Quite why you've flown off the handle at the suggestion that vaccine passports are causing more hassle than they're worth is anyone's guess.

0384f3ed9d7dace1140515d8e9b3f96f.jpg

30 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
36 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:
Proof of vaccine is the easy part as far as travelling abroad is concerned. All you have to do is download a copy of your vaccine record. It is the passenger locator form and the necessity to organise tests that is the expensive and time consuming part.

Not quite - there were issues with getting some countries to accept the initial vaccine certificates - the ones that didn't have QR codes.

Maybe there were but when you download it now it will have a qr code

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

And just how do you provide proof of vaccination for countries that require it?

Yes, people seem to be missing the point that the "vaccination status" is in fact demanded by most countries if you wish to travel. It's also overlooked that Scotland / UK is in fact much more lax / relaxed when it comes to vaccine status domestically when compared with many of our European peers.

If we're going to criticise them, then it has to be for persisting with the costly and pretty pointless tests, especially when we're one of the worst countries in the world for infection rates.

The Passenger locator form is another pain in the arse and I really don't understand why it should be required for residents returning to their own country, apart from this it is a pretty pathetically designed App with some idiotic and conflicting questions being asked.

Par for the course I suppose.....

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You two towering intellects are making @welshbairn look like Einstein.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Massive staff shortages will end this discriminatory madness.

I'm no longer surprised politicians can't look ahead and realise this will be a problem.

There's a reason why they are in those roles. Most of them would struggle to get jobs in any other field.

Just now, oaksoft said:

The world of work has changed overnight and it's beginning to look like it might be either permanent or long term.

Dinosaurs like Duncan Smith lack the ability to adapt and should step aside in favour of those who know how to manage this change.

I don't think I'll be taking criticism of my intellect from a moron who can't work the multi-quote function on a football forum seriously, but thanks for your input anyway. 

Do people not realise you need a digital style proof of vaccine  to travel just now?

And I'm a take a paper copy of things just now aswell but Ive been doing that for years when travelling to west Africa etc plus the $100 in small bills to smooth my way in some places I've worked 🤣

Edited by doulikefish

36 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So violence across the world against vaccine passport mandates is increasing at quite a rate.

I hope Sturgeon is watching.

You cannot exclude people from society and not expect them to fight back.

Incitement. Section 59 of the Serious Crimes Act. 

Off to the penal colony with you m'laddo. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So violence across the world against vaccine passport mandates is increasing at quite a rate.

I hope Sturgeon is watching.

You cannot exclude people from society and not expect them to fight back.

It won't happen here.

Far too many unquestionably accept everything the SNP does, and those that voice disagreement are instantly dismissed as "yoons" or "tories"

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The world of work has changed overnight and it's beginning to look like it might be either permanent or long term.

Dinosaurs like Duncan Smith lack the ability to adapt and should step aside in favour of those who know how to manage this change.

Its nothing to do with IDS being a dinosaur. As with all things to do with the tories its about money.

He is looking out for his mates whose property portfolios include the buildings that get rented out for offices space. If companies downsizein space its less money for them

Another minor celebrity anti-vaxxer has died in the US after spending several weeks on a ventilator.

Rob Skiba, a fundamentalist evangelical Christian, young earth creationist and flat earther (because of course he was).His Facebook feed was full of ridiculous anti vaxx memes. Now it's full of condolences....

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Do people not realise you need a digital style proof of vaccine  to travel just now?

And I'm a take a paper copy of things just now aswell but Ive been doing that for years when travelling to west Africa etc plus the $100 in small bills to smooth my way in some places I've worked 🤣

I’m actually not bothered about having to show vaccination proof to travel, either digitally and/or by also taking along my printed ‘Ah’ve hud’ two shots o’ Astra Zeneca at Ravenscraig ya’ bass’ document. As someone who regularly travels to the USA, it would be stange to rail against having to show vaccination proof, but to continue to be happy to jump through every other feckin’ hoop…. I haven’t recently travelled to an Arab country they don’t like much, I’m not bringing in goods to sell, zillions of dollars, plants, seeds or perishable foodstuffs. I need to provide the name and address of my hotel, is my visit business or pleasure, have I left my firearms at home, have I ever been a member of a terrorist organisation, have I been convicted of any crime, any cases outstanding, is my ESTA valid…. Could be here all day… have I ever been in a Turkish men’s sauna? Ever seen a grown man naked? Ever seen St Mirren finish top 6?

Christ knows what else good old Uncle Sam knows when I hand over my biometric passport. Proving I’ve been double jagged by a student nurse in Motherwell isn’t that much more of a problem.

Edited by pozbaird

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m actually not bothered about having to show vaccination proof to travel, either digitally and/or by also taking along my printed ‘Ah’ve hud’ two shots o’ Astrra Zeneca at Ravenscraig ya’ bass’ document. As someone who regularly travels to the USA, it would be stange to rail against having to show vaccnation  proof, but to continue to be happy to jump through every other feckin’ hoop…. I haven’t recently travelled to an Arab country they don’t like much, I’m not bringing in goods to sell, zillions of dollars, plants, seeds or perishable foodstuffs. I need to provide the name and address of my hotel, is my visit business or pleasure, have I left my firearms at home, have I ever been a member of a terrorist organisation, have I been convicted of any crime, any cases outstanding, is my ESTA valid…. Could be here all day… have I ever been in a Turkish men’s sauna? Ever seen a grown man naked? Ever seen St Mirren finish top 6?

Christ knows what else good old Uncle Sam knows when I hand over my biometic passport. Proving I’ve been double jagged by a student nurse in Motherwell isn’t that much more of a problem.

I have 2 passports due to business travel and a few years ago I did the ESTA online visa thing for a holiday there and I used the passport that has my north Korea visa in it 🤣

Never even batted an eyelid when he checked my passport at us immigration 

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Even if there was any large numbers protesting against restrictions it would not be given significant coverage by the media either here or down in England, since they wouldn't want the majority of people in this country to suddenly realise they might never get all their freedoms back and that would affect the possibility of winning a future referendum.

Nicola’s disciples tell us the opposite is true and the media queue up for a bit of SNP bashing.

Even if there was any large numbers protesting against restrictions it would not be given significant coverage by the media either here or down in England, since they wouldn't want the majority of people in this country to suddenly realise they might never get all their freedoms back and that would affect the possibility of winning a future referendum.

Erm, on what level would the media on either side of the border worry about torpedoing a Yes vote in a future referendum? [emoji23]