Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's the New Year firework display in London cancelled again this year citing Covid. Really not getting that large sports stadiums are packed to capacity but the likes of firework displays are deemed too risky. Odd !

Everything is odd. Fcuked in the head more like. When the likes of Braehead or Silverburn were mobbed, the likes of St Mirren Park had risibile numbers allowed in. I can’t remember any more if that was because the Scottish Government are stupid kunts, St Mirren are stupid kunts, or both of them were stupid kunts. 

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's the New Year firework display in London cancelled again this year citing Covid. Really not getting that large sports stadiums are packed to capacity but the likes of firework displays are deemed too risky. Odd !

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I think a lot of people organising these type of events simply cannot be arsed. 

It's an easy money saver for a nauseating, virtue signalling bore like Khan. I wonder if the clowncil in Embra will use this excuse as well or see it as the obvious opportunity that it is. Certainly they've already taken the Underbelly coin for Christmas markets again.

It's easy to get the impression that some of these utter weirdos think people should never get ill and/or die again, particularly in winter, but as previously mentioned most people are simply just lazy as f**k and can't be arsed. Covid will remain an easy cop out until we navigate this coming winter.

Guest Bob Mahelp
39 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Is the transport of goods and people different? Can't remember, maybe people carry lettuces in their hand luggage? Is that how supply chains work? Amazing.

Enjoying your work mate, ripping the absolute pish out of these fucking know it all moonhowling arseholes. The only thing funnier is their 5 year old... 'but, but, but you must be drunk snigger snigger' responses. 

That knob Elixir must be due for a head explosion anytime soon. 

41 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

If there's a plague controlling borders is a perfectly acceptable response, as opposed to shite about wages and not liking having neighbours what talk funny. Nice false equivalence tho. Sure you read that in Spiked or maybe was it on GBnews?

iS nObOdY aLlOwEd To DiE aNyMoRe? Fucking hell. 

The only difference with your “close the borders, keep the diseased forriners out” and the “close the borders, keep the benefit scroungers/job stealers out” is that much of the left assume the worst motives from the Brexity ones and the best motives from the self proclaimed progressives.

3 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

The only difference with your “close the borders, keep the diseased forriners out” and the “close the borders, keep the benefit scroungers/job stealers out” is that much of the left assume the worst motives from the Brexity ones and the best motives from the self proclaimed progressives.

Restricting movement is an absolutely standard public health response. This has nothing to do with nationality. Swing. Miss. 

I think a lot of people organising these type of events simply cannot be arsed. 
I doubt the organisers of London's NY celebration fall into that category. If it's "too risky" this year with 90% vaccinated and the virus endemic you begin to wonder just how much what we used to do will not be returning. Be the best part of 3 years into this before this event takes place again if at all.

What's the argument here ? The outcome of the report today is that we should have went into full lockdown SOONER. We were too slow in closing borders etc.

Are you arguing against this as it seems from previous posts that most folk were in agreement with this eg folk quoting Leitch saying it was fine for large events still to be going ahead when he was clearly wrong.

Stunned that none of the batshit mental, SNP hating zealots on here haven't re-tweeted the Tories embarrassing lie about vaccine passports being responsible for delays at Hampden on Saturday. 

Not at all, and I've never suggested anything like that.  It's just that it's the kind of confirmation bias tweet that the fruitloops love and post on here day in, day out. 
I was surprised that the normal zealots haven't been all over it, that's all. 

What level of rattled are you on when you’re slagging people off for something you acknowledge they literally haven’t done

Anyway I’m coming back up north for a night out at The Barrowlands do I need the Scottish Covid app or can I use the English one? Has the vaccine passports come into effect and how stringent is it? They’re half-arsedly glancing at the apps here as you go into venues.

Anyway I’m coming back up north for a night out at The Barrowlands do I need the Scottish Covid app or can I use the English one? Has the vaccine passports come into effect and how stringent is it? They’re half-arsedly glancing at the apps here as you go into venues.
Not being enforced until 18th so ok this weekend. Any proof of double vaccination will suffice even paper copy.

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Went to a gig in Edinburgh last week.  Experience was the same as England.  Wave a phone at them and in you go.  Could have google maps on the screen when you wave it at them for all the checking thats being done.

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What level of rattled are you on when you’re slagging people off for something you acknowledge they literally haven’t done

Come back to me son, when you post something that actually makes sense. 

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What's the argument here ? The outcome of the report today is that we should have went into full lockdown SOONER. We were too slow in closing borders etc.

Are you arguing against this as it seems from previous posts that most folk were in agreement with this eg folk quoting Leitch saying it was fine for large events still to be going ahead when he was clearly wrong.

Leitch’s nonsense was referenced in the context of some savaging the UK Government’s initial response who won’t hear a bad word about ScotGov’s response or the “science” behind it.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

:1eye

We should have followed a true communist's advice instead, Lukashenko of Belarus.

“There shouldn’t be any panic,” he said. “You just have to work, especially now, in a village. Tractors will cure everyone! The field heals everyone!”

Lukashenko, who has ruled Belarus since 1994, also said that daily shots of vodka would kill the virus.

“I don’t drink but recently I’ve been saying that people should not only wash their hands with vodka but also poison the virus with it,” he said. “You should drink the equivalent of 40-50 millilitres of rectified spirit daily. But not at work.”

He advised doubling the dose after a visit to the banya, a Russian-style sauna. The heady combination of vodka shots and banya sessions is a popular supposed cure-all in former Soviet countries.

“Go to the banya. Two or three times a week will do you good. When you come out of the sauna, not only wash your hands, but also your insides with 100 millilitres [of vodka],” Lukashenko said.

Lukashenko’s approach also appears to have caused alarm in Russia, which has sealed its border with Belarus, even though the two countries have been part of a “union state” since 1999.

Edited by welshbairn

Enjoying your work mate, ripping the absolute pish out of these fucking know it all moonhowling arseholes. The only thing funnier is their 5 year old... 'but, but, but you must be drunk snigger snigger' responses. 
That knob Elixir must be due for a head explosion anytime soon. 

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Seriously tho....

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

One of my daughters is trying to find a flat to rent in England and is just off the phone to a landlord who wants to make sure she is doubly vaccinated. That landlord said she had already rejected a couple who had not taken the vaccines.

Now all of my family has been doubly vaccinated but this is not the point. Nobody should be getting denied access to housing based on their vaccine status whether that is council housing or via private landlords.

That house was really lovely but on principle my daughter has decided to look elsewhere rather than fund this b*****d's pension pot.

We're getting a bit too close to "No blacks or Irish" territory for my liking.

We’re really not anywhere near “No blacks or Irish”.   Both are things the person has no influence on - if you are black / Irish, you are black / Irish. Same with peoples sexual preferences which is something people are born with.

Deciding to not get vaccinated is a clear personal choice.  In a similar way, I (if I was a landlord) might chose not to rent my property to a neo-Nazi.  Their choice to be a Neo-Nazi, my choice not to rent to them. 

Of course, the scenario you painted, like so many of your claims, never happened, so I’m not 100% sure why I’m commenting on your Walter Mitty like attention seeking.