Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Probably thin on numbers. Be a bit chilly ?
Completely opposite going to Canary Islands. Look at todays Jet2 out of Glasgow. They have doubled up on flights to Tenerife and Lanzarote at virtually last minute. Mega busy in the afternoon.
I'm heading to Tenerife next Saturday.

Forecast for Mallorca for next week is 25C and sunny but that’s not a guarantee at this time of year. I’d be more pissed off if I was currently in Ibiza and my flight home tomorrow was going to drop us off in Mallorca and then pick up punters there for the flight on to Edinburgh. It’s irritating but not the end if the world.

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Travelling with Jet2 to Mallorca from Edinburgh tomorrow. Just received text and email saying 

We’re sorry, but due to the ongoing uncertainty caused by the UK Government travel restrictions, we’ve made adjustments to our flying programme for 10th October 2021 As a result, we wanted to let you know that your flight will now operate via another airport to drop off and/or collect some customers.

To cut a long story short now flying Edinburgh to Ibiza, some punters get off there we stay on flight and once some folk have got on we head on to Mallorca. It's being labelled as a last minute change but I'd noticed that the flight times had changed at least 10 days ago and had queried it on line at that time but got no response.

Clearly it's a sound commercial decision but have to say I'm somewhat pissed off by it.

We got the same situation a few weeks ago going to Majorca. They combined the flight with Menorca passengers but fortunately we landed first at Majorca before it went on to Menorca. Makes sense for Jet2 to combine their Balearic flights.
Anyway, relax and enjoy your holiday. 
Currently with Jet2 in Falaman.

33 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Travelling with Jet2 to Mallorca from Edinburgh tomorrow. Just received text and email saying 

We’re sorry, but due to the ongoing uncertainty caused by the UK Government travel restrictions, we’ve made adjustments to our flying programme for 10th October 2021 As a result, we wanted to let you know that your flight will now operate via another airport to drop off and/or collect some customers.

To cut a long story short now flying Edinburgh to Ibiza, some punters get off there we stay on flight and once some folk have got on we head on to Mallorca. It's being labelled as a last minute change but I'd noticed that the flight times had changed at least 10 days ago and had queried it on line at that time but got no response.

Clearly it's a sound commercial decision but have to say I'm somewhat pissed off by it.

Beats them doing an Easyjet, cancelling flight all over the place that they probably never intended to fly, sometimes months in advance. My theory is that they're scheduling loads of flights they don't intend to honour to hold onto airport slots and routes.

Jet2 have been doing this for months

4 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Sounds familiar.  There are even a shortage of blood tubes at present thanks to good old brexit.

Well done all who voted for it you xenophobic thick c***s.  A pox on you.  

Granny Danger likes this.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

f**k right off with posts like this.

Err, surely this person must know that the Rona doesn't spread when people are eating and drinking? Only if they are sitting still, entering a premises, or get up to go for a piss - hence why masks are required in these situations. It's called 'The Science'.

48 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Probably thin on numbers. Be a bit chilly ?
Completely opposite going to Canary Islands. Look at todays Jet2 out of Glasgow. They have doubled up on flights to Tenerife and Lanzarote at virtually last minute. Mega busy in the afternoon.
I'm heading to Tenerife next Saturday.

I think its just going to be the way the low cost carriers work for a while now until more are flying again. Scottish government havent exactly helped the return to international travel so will be a while.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I had similar problems in the summer. Was originally flying from Aberdeen to Rhodes but TUI cancelled all Aberdeen flights. Not too much of a problem because we had a fair bit of notice and just changed our flights to Glasgow departures. 

1 week to go and that got cancelled as well. Had to quickly organise flights and car park in Manchester. Pain in the arse driving back from Manchester at 2 in the morning on the way back and it was when Nippy tried to ban travel to Manchester. Obviously I just ignored the stupid cow's diktat.

It was worth it in the end because it was the best holiday we'd been on. It was a lot cheaper flying from Manchester as well. Are they offering you any compensation for the longer flight/slightly shorter holiday? 😉

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

So uncertain, travelling to country that has not been subject to enhanced travel restrictions for quite some time! 

Kudos to whichever nugget in their PR department came up with that blatant lie. It's clearly a commercial decision and nothing else. 

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 18(16 day before),  ICU cases 61 down 3  (0 new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  943 down 14  (244 admissions).    A decent day in hospital metrics. They must be in and out of hospital pretty quick with 244 admissions but numbers still down.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines    5,909 to 5,197  2nd vaccines   2,595 to 2,397

Daily Cases Update: As I thought the 28 day cycle may be restarted again.  After 28 days of falls we are back on the rise up 0.31% to 303.7 as we fail to crack the 300 barrier. A further rise tomorrow is 50/50.  Then it remains to be seen if we plod along at 10 times that of Spain & Italy.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 30th September to 6th October  were  16,547 to 16,598 up 0.31%, Positivity was 7.7% now 7.7%.  Cases per 100K were 302.7 now 303.7

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average   341.1 to 344.4 up 0.97%, England  333.6 to 336.8 up 0.06%, Wales 484.1 to 498.4 up 2.95%, Northern Ireland   410.2 to 411.7 up 0.29%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 532-8 (weekly change -5%), Romania 444.0 (weekly up 40%), Moldova 219.2 (Weekly up 12%), Croatia 217.9 (weekly up 7%), Bulgaria 208.5 (Weekly up 13%), Ukraine 171.1 (Week up 40%), Ireland  157.7 (Weekly  -14%),  These are the only countries over 155 cases per 100K.   

At the other end.  Spain 26.1,  Poland 26.2, Italy 33.0, France 45.7, Germany 77.3 of the big fish.

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Lothian   451.0 to 442.8

Dundee City 405.9 to 413.9  Dundee which was the most plagued council in Wave 4 has again found itself back at the top.

East Ayrshire  367.6 to 400.5  Up near 10% and 4 places

Falkirk   395.5 to 399.9 

Stirling   380.5 to 395.4   

Aberdeenshire    367.4 to 385.4  Up 11 spots in 3 days. 

Moray 368.8 to 379.3  Surging up 21 places in 5 days

North Lanarkshire  387.2 to 371.4  

Fife 348.8 to 360.6

East Dunbartonshire    346.7 to 330.6

East Renfrewshire   332.1 to 329.1   

North Ayrshire  321.0 to 324.8

South Lanarkshire   338.8 to 319.2  

West Dunbartonshire   339.6 to 311.3

Scottish  Borders    282.9 to 307.2 

Dumfries & Galloway    300.8 to 305.5

BELOW AVERAGE

Glasgow City  287.0 to 288.1

Perth & Kinross   264.0 to 273.8 

Renfrewshire    272.0 to 270.9 

Aberdeen City   272.9 to 259.8  

Midlothian   255.5 to 256.6

Angus   224.5 to 244.3  Up 30% in 3days

Argyll & Bute   237.6 to 235.3

South Ayrshire  257.7 to 231.0  Brilliant fall of well over 40% in 4 days. 

Inverclyde   228.4 to 228.4

Clackmannanshire  241.8 to 220.3 

East Lothian  197.4 to 209.5

City Of Edinburgh   201.7 to 201.8

Western Isles    218.9 to 188.7 

Highlands    173.7 to 187.7

Shetland Islands    153.0 to 153.0

Orkney Islands   62.5 to 79.5

Edited by superbigal

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average   341.1 to 344.4 up 0.97%, England  333.6 to 336.8 up 0.06%, Wales 484.1 to 498.4 up 2.95%, Northern Ireland   410.2 to 411.7 up 0.29%  Scotland 302.7 to 303.7 up 0.31%

Average of 38K cases per day last 4 days.  All 4 nations possibly on the rise again.  Or at best flatlining at a point 10 times higher than Spain, Italy and France.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

We're still testing over 32,000 people per day in Scotland and continue to do virtually nothing with the data (not sure hand-wringing and panicking qualifies as doing something).

I long for the day we look back and laugh at the waste of time and money this has all been. Before long we'll be in the pub with our mates (obviously not me as I don't have any) laughing about the time we allowed social scientists, dentists, psychologists and a colourful assortment of other quackery to masquerade across our TV screens as real scientists and did almost nothing to challenge their authority or their ridiculous views about how to control the spread of the virus.

Meanwhile the strict mask wearing and vaccine passport regulating Europeans are already laughing their heads off at us.

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Happened to the in laws when they went to Zante in September. Outbound flight stopped off in Kefalonia. Added about 90 minutes on to the flight time, and that's with Kefalonia being right on the same flight path, you normally fly over it going to Zante.

They only found out the day before too.

Can’t they just provide parachutes for those who are getting off at Kefalonia? 

10 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Jet2 have been doing this for months

Air Scotland (RIP) used to do it all the time as well.