Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Not sure why I'm bothered about the covid app and the SG tracking me.

Google know where I am at all times anyway.  Sunday for example.

image.png.0edd3164f4e13adce8529cd2043e3b5a.png

Late to this party and see it’s been mentioned but ooft. (Insert gif) A Sunday spent between Brewdog, McDonald’s and somewhere dodgy down by the harbour inbetween? 

Can I sell you life insurance? Actually, on second thoughts…

Only the time line will save you now. Was is a 5k run?  

Just now, alta-pete said:

Late to this party and see it’s been mentioned but ooft. (Insert gif) A Sunday spent between Brewdog, McDonald’s and somewhere dodgy down by the harbour inbetween? 

Can I sell you life insurance? Actually, on second thoughts…

Only the time line will save you now. Was is a 5k run?  

???

Nowhere near the harbour. The light blue path is to Pittodrie and back. The least enjoyable part of the day as always. 

I used to work down the harbour, though not as a sex worker. I'd be rough trade.

An unsurpassed minter for the Zero Covid, racist, border freaks I see:

Melbourne today [October 5th] claimed the title of world’s most locked-down city, passing Buenos Aires’ record of 245 days.

The fatigued city also marked another record: 1763 new cases and another four deaths, the highest daily number of cases in any state since the virus arrived in Australia last year.

By the time restrictions lift, if they lift on the target date of October 26, Melbourne will have spent about 267 days in lockdown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/please-explain/melbourne-s-lockdown-a-world-leader-as-daily-cases-hit-record-high-20211005-p58xch.html

In a frank and fascinating session focused on global lessons from the coronavirus pandemic, Scottish government advisor Professor Devi Sridhar and Professor Brett Sutton, chief health officer of Victoria, reflected on the impact of misinformation, strategies for success, and the sometimes personal toll, at last week’s Australian Public Health Conference.

Sridhar, a Professor of Global Health at the University of Edinburgh, was full of praise for Australia’s success, over the past few months, in suppressing its COVID-19 second wave, the epicentre of which has been Sutton’s home state.

Where countries like the United States were yet to see a tapering of their initial outbreak, with the first wave simply giving way to the next, Sridhar said Australia’s resurgence had been a “bump” in global terms. It was broadly considered one of the countries with a “winning” strategy against COVID, not only swiftly suppressing the virus but managing to limit economic pain from control measures, she said.

Australia, New Zealand and East Asian countries were success stories in what Sridhar described as “effective elimination” or the “island model”, built on strict border controls, robust public health infrastructure with strong test, trace, isolate capacity, and clear, consistent messaging.

https://www.croakey.org/this-is-just-taking-off-uk-victorian-experts-on-outlook-lessons-for-covid-19/

3a7.jpg.32b6ce3b005f17b051f35229a549b0e5.jpg

I'm sure that sales of her shan book in Melbourne will be spectacular!

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, but I haven't seen anyone told to put one on. Rail staff are told not to for instance, and most shop staff the same.

The Polis don’t routinely pull you over and advise you not to speed, but you are still breaking the law if you do it, and can be punished accordingly.

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  348.4 to 343.9 down 1.29%, England  337.6 to 334.8 down 0.83%, Wales 535.5 to 512.4 down 4.31%, Northern Ireland   403.3 to 401.1 down 0.55%   Scotland 319.8 to 314.2 to 321.4 down 0.57%

Is wave 4 now over in the whole of the UK ?  

Wales now in drop freefall.  England & NI making very small drops for a few days now.

However 40,000 cases today out of nowhere.

Deaths: England 99,  Scotland 34, Wales 8,  NI 2

Wife came home from work after a difficult day yesterday and was telling me about a goblin who was abusive to her on the phone. Child had persistent cough and other covid symptoms so wife asked them to get the kid tested, mother abusive on the phone calling her all the names under the sun, using her facebook medical degree to tell her that ‘it wisnae covid’ so wife saw the kid, even more convinced its covid, mum reluctantly agrees to a test, kid confirmed covid positive.
For all the folks going mental about ‘the gp doesnt have appointments’ etc these are the people who are causing it, they’ll not listen to medical professionals but their pal who failed fucking foundy science on facebook who posted them a link to some conspiracy theories is a more reliable choice. Not even an apology for the way she was spoken to etc. Aye but im sure it’ll be easy to attract more people to general practice.  

Wife came home from work after a difficult day yesterday and was telling me about a goblin who was abusive to her on the phone. Child had persistent cough and other covid symptoms so wife asked them to get the kid tested, mother abusive on the phone calling her all the names under the sun, using her facebook medical degree to tell her that ‘it wisnae covid’ so wife saw the kid, even more convinced its covid, mum reluctantly agrees to a test, kid confirmed covid positive.
For all the folks going mental about ‘the gp doesnt have appointments’ etc these are the people who are causing it, they’ll not listen to medical professionals but their pal who failed fucking foundy science on facebook who posted them a link to some conspiracy theories is a more reliable choice. Not even an apology for the way she was spoken to etc. Aye but im sure it’ll be easy to attract more people to general practice.  
If the parent was so utterly convinced it wasn't Covid, what was she phoning the docs for given the alternative diagnosis sounds like the common cold.

"Hello doc, just phoning to tell you my child doesn't have Covid" is totally mental behaviour.

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

If the parent was so utterly convinced it wasn't Covid, what was she phoning the docs for given the alternative diagnosis sounds like the common cold.

"Hello doc, just phoning to tell you my child doesn't have Covid" is totally mental behaviour.

They phoned concerned the kid was unwell, rhymed off symptoms and those all matched covid, so was asked by receptionist ‘have you booked a covid test because guidelines suggest they fit the criteria’ ‘no the weans no goat covid it couldnt huv it, a wanty speak to a doctor’. Mrs spoke to the mum and got all the ‘f**k sakes’ etc for having the audacity to suggest that the childs symptoms met that of a virus which is particularly rife world wide just now. Arguing that ‘it can’t be covid’ and the only rationale being ‘it just can’t’. Well it fucking was. No apology or f**k all. One of the wifes colleagues has just been hospitalised again most likely exposed after seeing a patient on a house call who lied about their symptoms. 

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Classic Facebook Maw behaviour. 

They phoned concerned the kid was unwell, rhymed off symptoms and those all matched covid, so was asked by receptionist ‘have you booked a covid test because guidelines suggest they fit the criteria’ ‘no the weans no goat covid it couldnt huv it, a wanty speak to a doctor’. Mrs spoke to the mum and got all the ‘f**k sakes’ etc for having the audacity to suggest that the childs symptoms met that of a virus which is particularly rife world wide just now. Arguing that ‘it can’t be covid’ and the only rationale being ‘it just can’t’. Well it fucking was. No apology or f**k all. One of the wifes colleagues has just been hospitalised again most likely exposed after seeing a patient on a house call who lied about their symptoms. 
You could power a small city from the burning sense of entitlement of your average Facebook full time mummy. Absolute cretins.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:
7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You could power a small city from the burning sense of entitlement of your average Facebook full time mummy. Absolute cretins.

This plus the cuts in funding are why primary care is on its knees. 

Lassie came in here coughing and spluttering yesterday, not COVID, a cold. She left early as she had a dentist appointment. Dentist told her to f**k off as she was coughing everywhere and she's decided it's best she works from home today "so's a don't gie everybudy wit av goat!". Looking forward to a week off shortly and fully laying blame at her door. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Lassie came in here coughing and spluttering yesterday, not COVID, a cold. She left early as she had a dentist appointment. Dentist told her to f**k off as she was coughing everywhere and she's decided it's best she works from home today "so's a don't gie everybudy wit av goat!". Looking forward to a week off shortly and fully laying blame at her door. 

Does your work have ‘near miss’ recording?