Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

At what point do you think we will stop the mandatory isolation period for positive tests? Or stop mass testing?

The easy solution, of course, is to not run out to get tested the minute you feel like you have a cold, but that's another point altogether.

Was off work yesterday with the cold.  At my back to work interview this morning my line manager was trying to persuade me I could have Covid and to get tested.

FRO.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I would encourage people with covid, flu or any other potentially severe infectious disease to self isolate and not share it around at work etc. 

No-one is suggesting people who are ill should go to work.

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Difference being that this time it's been more or less constant since March last year, rather than a busy month or so.

I'm sure cloth masks and risible vaccine passports will make all the difference.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No-one is suggesting people who are ill should go to work.

This would be ideal, but eventually it will get to the point where people will just crack on, certainly depending on the situation anyway. Say for example your team got to the cup final and you felt a bit under the weather, but were still well enough to attend. You would be at risk of spreading whatever it is you had, but the vast majority of folk would be lying if they claimed they would stay home rather than go out in this situation.

Not something welshbairn will have to worry about any time soon, granted.

Tories ramping up the "get back to work" chat this week I see. 
Especially if you work in any Christmas centric sphere, a pig slaughter house or can drive an HGV / Tanker !
When it was 1st mooted we were never going back and WFH for the majority was to be permanent everyone just laughed, this week it became reality as it will for millions whether the Tories like it or not. "Peloton" anecdotes just shows how massively out of touch the kuntz are.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

At what point do you think we will stop the mandatory isolation period for positive tests? Or stop mass testing?

The easy solution, of course, is to not run out to get tested the minute you feel like you have a cold, but that's another point altogether.

We didn't with our daughter, started off with what seemed like a head cold last Wednesday night. Did LFTs on Thursday and Friday, both negative. Got worse at the weekend, did another LFT on Sunday which was positive, followed up by a positive PCR. I know other folk who are booking tests at the first sign of a snotter tbf.

In regards to the "difficult winter" shit, why does nobody bring up that the flu killed more folk in 1989 than the covid FiRsT wAvE!!! Albeit I was only 4 at the time but I dont remember the country shutting down and politicians and MSM shitting the bed. Simpler times when a respiratory virus was treated as such 🙄

In regards to the "difficult winter" shit, why does nobody bring up that the flu killed more folk in 1989 than the covid FiRsT wAvE!!! Albeit I was only 4 at the time but I dont remember the country shutting down and politicians and MSM shitting the bed. Simpler times when a respiratory virus was treated as such [emoji849]
[emoji23]

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Especially if you work in any Christmas centric sphere, a pig slaughter house or can drive an HGV / Tanker !
When it was 1st mooted we were never going back and WFH for the majority was to be permanent everyone just laughed, this week it became reality as it will for millions whether the Tories like it or not. "Peloton" anecdotes just shows how massively out of touch the kuntz are.

There was a zoomer posting on here a while back that everyone would be forced back to the office and it was all another conspiracy.  Wonder where he’s disappeared to.

In regards to the "difficult winter" shit, why does nobody bring up that the flu killed more folk in 1989 than the covid FiRsT wAvE!!! Albeit I was only 4 at the time but I dont remember the country shutting down and politicians and MSM shitting the bed. Simpler times when a respiratory virus was treated as such [emoji849]
I wIsH tO f**k YoU woULd sToP ThE CaPs NONsenSe.

Why, What is the point in it ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-...F-25B996E8478F

Mandatory Covid passes in nightclubs and large events will be introduced in Wales as planned on 11 October after Welsh ministers won a knife-edge Senedd vote.

The measures were agreed with 28 politicians voting for and 27 voting against.

It came despite politicians in the opposition uniting to oppose the plans.

The public will be expected to show evidence of being fully vaccinated or having a recent negative Covid test.

A senior Tory said before the vote that a member of his group was unable to get onto Zoom to take part in the vote.

Nightclub industry representatives said it was a "shambles".

If all opposition MSs had taken part the government would have lost in a tie, with the Tories, Lib Dems and Plaid all opposed.

Health Minister Eluned Morgan told MSs not supporting the law "will be an act of gross irresponsibility", but Plaid Cymru had said it was open to exploitation.

Protesters had gathered outside the Senedd's buildings on Tuesday evening, chanting "shame on you", following the result.

31 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I wIsH tO f**k YoU woULd sToP ThE CaPs NONsenSe.

Why, What is the point in it ?

wHy ArE yOu UsInG cApS

spongebob.jpg

30 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-...F-25B996E8478F

Mandatory Covid passes in nightclubs and large events will be introduced in Wales as planned on 11 October after Welsh ministers won a knife-edge Senedd vote.

The measures were agreed with 28 politicians voting for and 27 voting against.

It came despite politicians in the opposition uniting to oppose the plans.

The public will be expected to show evidence of being fully vaccinated or having a recent negative Covid test.

A senior Tory said before the vote that a member of his group was unable to get onto Zoom to take part in the vote.

Nightclub industry representatives said it was a "shambles".

If all opposition MSs had taken part the government would have lost in a tie, with the Tories, Lib Dems and Plaid all opposed.

Health Minister Eluned Morgan told MSs not supporting the law "will be an act of gross irresponsibility", but Plaid Cymru had said it was open to exploitation.

Protesters had gathered outside the Senedd's buildings on Tuesday evening, chanting "shame on you", following the result.

The Welsh Nationalists with more integrity and baws than the SNP and Green snakes.

Genuine question. Are you a fucking idiot?